Thread: Straight talk with google voice question

Feedback Score

Straight talk with google voice question

Can I use the 'replace voicemail' feature of google voice on my straight talk phone? It lets you select verizon as choice on the google website. . .

This is what google says:
    Deactivate: If you'd like to stop your voicemails from going to Google voicemail, click the Deactivate Google voicemail link. Removing your phone from the Google Voice Settings won't prevent your voicemails from going to Google voicemail.

Activate: If you'd like to activate or re-add Google voicemail on your mobile phone, click Activate Google voicemail for this phone.

Anyone tried it?

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Straight talk and roaming

does straight talk charge for roaming?
    the reason i ask is the coverage map at walmart
    looks differant the the straight talk website.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You program the phone to call forward busy/no answer to the google voice number *71xxx-xxx-xxxx where the x's are your gv number.

You also should go to edit on the GV phone settings, the advanced settings and set to forwarding options to go straight to voice mail to avoid too many rings before a call is answered by voice mail.

In answer to the other question my understanding is that StraightTalk doesn't charge for roaming because they do not allow roaming off the Verizon native network.

Quote Originally Posted by episodic
    Can I use the 'replace voicemail' feature of google voice on my straight talk phone? It lets you select verizon as choice on the google website. . .

This is what google says:
    Deactivate: If you'd like to stop your voicemails from going to Google voicemail, click the Deactivate Google voicemail link. Removing your phone from the Google Voice Settings won't prevent your voicemails from going to Google voicemail.

Activate: If you'd like to activate or re-add Google voicemail on your mobile phone, click Activate Google voicemail for this phone.

Anyone tried it?

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I got some other family members who want to drop T-Mobile for this StraightTalk service, what can they expect from using the Browser? Full internet browsing and can they send and view email? I know you can do SMS email but other email like mail.yahoo.com stuff like that?

Carrier
    STRAIGHTTALK WIRELESS
    Feedback Score
    They Use Both Verizon's CDMA Towers And Now AT&T's GSM Towers, They Do Not Charge For Roaming, How Ever, I Being A "Cus-stormer" (As their Customer Service center calls me) Realized If you have a problem With your phone Their ppl at 611 Will Read a script in broken English Then act is if they are fixing it then tell you to wait 24 to 48 to 72 Hours to fix, NEVER FIXED, I Had To Change my Phone 2 weeks after buying the Nokia E71 for $199.99 To A Motorola Atrix 4g For $549.99. Changed some stuff now works perfectly except the Unlimited 411 INFO They Brag about in their terms and conditions, Everytime I Call I Get a busy tone! They Constantly send me harassing Computer Generated calls Stating Im Using Excessive Data If Continues They Will Cut Me Off, Never Do OF Course But if so Ill Do as Ive read in a post off google and go to walmart buy an e71 off the shelf Go Out switch it with my old phone and sim then Return. Screw Straight Talk Wireless They Are a pain in the @ss! But Cheap At $45.00 a month Unlimited Talk Text And (NOT) Data (Approx 4 Gigs a month will ensure they dont cut you off more they will). If You Need Help Setting up an atrix google it. Works as good as AT&T AS Im Using Their GSM Network With 4g FULL INTERNET MOBILE HOTSPOT AND TETHERING To PS3 And My LAPTOP. IM LOVING IT AND LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU PAYING $80.00 A MONTH FROM ATT FOR DATA AND 2000 MINUTES A MONTH!!! GET In...GET Out.GEt Through IT!

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C.R.C.Tech 001 View Post
    They Use Both Verizon's CDMA Towers And Now AT&T's GSM Towers, They Do Not Charge For Roaming, How Ever, I Being A "Cus-stormer" (As their Customer Service center calls me) Realized If you have a problem With your phone Their ppl at 611 Will Read a script in broken English Then act is if they are fixing it then tell you to wait 24 to 48 to 72 Hours to fix, NEVER FIXED, I Had To Change my Phone 2 weeks after buying the Nokia E71 for $199.99 To A Motorola Atrix 4g For $549.99. Changed some stuff now works perfectly except the Unlimited 411 INFO They Brag about in their terms and conditions, Everytime I Call I Get a busy tone! They Constantly send me harassing Computer Generated calls Stating Im Using Excessive Data If Continues They Will Cut Me Off, Never Do OF Course But if so Ill Do as Ive read in a post off google and go to walmart buy an e71 off the shelf Go Out switch it with my old phone and sim then Return. Screw Straight Talk Wireless They Are a pain in the @ss! But Cheap At $45.00 a month Unlimited Talk Text And (NOT) Data (Approx 4 Gigs a month will ensure they dont cut you off more they will). If You Need Help Setting up an atrix google it. Works as good as AT&T AS Im Using Their GSM Network With 4g FULL INTERNET MOBILE HOTSPOT AND TETHERING To PS3 And My LAPTOP. IM LOVING IT AND LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU PAYING $80.00 A MONTH FROM ATT FOR DATA AND 2000 MINUTES A MONTH!!! GET In...GET Out.GEt Through IT!
    You do realize that this is a dormant thread with the last post posted in 2009.