Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wisdom teeth: how long till you can smoke/drink alcohol?

Phones
    galaxy s3
    galaxy s3
    Carriers
    the new brown (if we combine orange blue and now yellow) aka cingular!
    Feedback Score

wisdom teeth: how long till you can smoke/drink alcohol?

got my left side done monday at noon. hasnt hurt, more like sore and it feels like my jaw got dislodged. no pain, but i use the painkillers to get this feeling away.

anyways ive avoided eating 2 days and its now friday. am i clear to go drink/smoke?

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    If you are still taking/using any pain medication (i.e. Vicodin, Codeine, Oxycontin, Darvocet, Percocet, etc), then no on drinking any alcohol as dangerous side effects and or death may occur with drug interaction.

As far as smoking, not sure of any risks in drug interaction other than smoking being a bad habit and causes lung cancer.

As far as the wisdom tooth removal, if the hole hasn't healed completely, still try to avoid any extreme cold or hot foods and fluids. At least on that side of your mouth. Keep the hole clean of any food getting caught or stuck in it as you don't want to risk any infection.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Phone
    lg esteem
    Carrier
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    i dunno~ i went to a bbq the day or 2 after i got my wisdom teeth taken out and ate/smoke/drank fine.. no chipmunking or anything

i think it depends on the individual's healing process

Phones
    galaxy s3
    galaxy s3
    Carriers
    the new brown (if we combine orange blue and now yellow) aka cingular!
    Feedback Score
    i mean i dont need to take the painkiller. i think i use it to "kill" the pain while trip on it (oxy).

ive been careful to not eat on my left side and dont suck on straws

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got mine out last Friday, and was eating/drinking/smoking on Sunday. No dry sockets, everything went fine. And if you're still in pain, there's nothing wrong with drinking on Vicodin, just not if you have a temperamental liver.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I would not smoke or drink alcohol until at least a week after the procedure. Smoking is a similar motion to sucking on a straw. Now would be a good time to quit actually. You have already gone 4 days, might as well keep going. Best thing I have ever done in my life was quitting smoking.
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Feedback Score
    Depending on the individual smoking can retard or reverse healing of oral surgeries.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Moderation on both alcohol and cigarettes...just enough to maintain your happy self.

Phones
    Iphone, Motorola v3, v3i, Nokia 8800, Jawbone BT, L6
    Sharp TM150, Audiovox SMT5600, Palm 680
    S.E.T610 and T616, W810i, Krzr K1
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I have smoked the same day that I took out my wisdom tooth and nothing happened. IDK about drinking.

1000 posts on 05/9/2006 at 11:40 pm 2000 posts on 12/25/2006 at 16:01 pm 3000 posts on 10/24/2007 at 7:28pm
    " Pedestrians stare and cops bow down , whenever the Q45 glides through town "

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    What would happen if you don't get your wisdom teeth pulled?

Also here are some good tips that I just googled .

http://www.studiodentaire.com/en/tre...sdom_teeth.php
    My Device(s):
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 ROM: Stock Rooted ICS LPF - Accesories: Samsung MHL Adapter, BoxWave DuoSuit TPU

This phone is just... HUGE .

My Twitter My Google+

Feedback Score
    I gotta get mine out next week.. damn, not looking forward to it, especially that I can't smoke 5 days before the op

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can't see drinking as a problem, but smoking is the same mechanism as drinking from a straw which causes dry socket. As a former smoker who had my wisdom teeth yanked, I'd say hold off smoking as long as you possibly can because it gave me dry socket and that hurt like hell.

Phones
    Samsung Link
    BB Curve
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile Canada / Bell
    Feedback Score
    i got mine pulled out couple of years ago.. 2-3 days and i was smoking again..
    " L'amour voit les roses sans epines" proverbe allemand

Phones
    Xperia x10
    nokia 5800
    nokia 8600
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wait at least one week AFTER the stitches are removed.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3G (In Pieces)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I smoked like a bandit when I had mine out. I was extremely paranoid about the whole dry socket thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    If you are still taking/using any pain medication (i.e. Vicodin, Codeine, Oxycontin, Darvocet, Percocet, etc), then no on drinking any alcohol as dangerous side effects and or death may occur with drug interaction.
    Death? If you take a bunch of pills and drink heavily, sure. Your liver just isn't going to be too happy with you.
    I don't subscribe to threads. If you've got something to say to me, PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast