Boost i885
    Cricket PAYGo TXTM8
    Cricket PAYGo A200
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Customer Care Hours

What are the customer support hours at 877-430-CALL (2355)? I have been trying to call for 2-3 hours today (Saturday) and each time it tells me that a care rep is not available and to try again later. Is Care not open on Saturday's or do they not have any queuing functionality?

Thanks - The Chuw

Phones
    Boost i885
    Cricket PAYGo TXTM8
    Cricket PAYGo A200
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I finally got into a Care queue after a few hours of trying.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Sanyo Zio 6000
    Samsung Messager 2
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I just tried to call, and I got message that 'no representatives are available to take your call. Please try again later." Never been told this before.

I would bet the full nationwide rollout of Straighttalk will have customer service lines jammed with new activations for the next couple of months.

Either staffing will have to increase, or we will have to just wait out this initial surge of new customers. Adding to the problem is the fact that the automated activation via the website, and the checking of minutes remaining functions do not work, and one is referred to the customer service number for assistance. Also compounding the issue is the poor knowledge of customer service reps, and the over-reliance on scripts and 'supervisors'.

Too bad, as one of the few bright spots with Tracfone and Net10 was short or no wait times when calling. However, the fact a simple inquiry can take 30 minutes has always sucked, and is I am sure adding to the problem.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    I agree with you. I can only imagine what their CS will be like if they ever release the Samsung touchscreen phone that's been mentioned.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if they use the same call center as Trac and Net10, but I get through on the first try if I call before 9am est (they open at 8am est). I think it has to do with people on the west coast not being awake yet to conduct business, easing congestion on the call center's phone system. Piece of related advice: There is a state government agency I have to deal with occasionally and they have a lady that shows up for work at 7:30am. If I need an appointment, I make it for that time and get my appointment much sooner than everyone else (they don't make appointments for before 9am unless by request, for obvious reasons). If you need to do business with the government , auto mechanic or Tracfone, it pays to do it early!

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    I don't know if they use the same call center as Trac and Net10, but I get through on the first try if I call before 9am est (they open at 8am est). I think it has to do with people on the west coast not being awake yet to conduct business, easing congestion on the call center's phone system. Piece of related advice: There is a state government agency I have to deal with occasionally and they have a lady that shows up for work at 7:30am. If I need an appointment, I make it for that time and get my appointment much sooner than everyone else (they don't make appointments for before 9am unless by request, for obvious reasons). If you need to do business with the government , auto mechanic or Tracfone, it pays to do it early!
    I am sure they do use the CS as NET10 is Tracfone CS. As ST is Tracfone. I wonder if they'll open up retail shops for your ST cell phones? Besides Wal-mart.
    advice is free, but take it at your own risk...

Phones
    iPhone 4 VZW - Nokia 2126 TracFone
    iPhone 4 - Nokia 2126
    Carriers
    1. GWI iLine
    3. ex- AT&terrible
    Feedback Score
    With their low-cost competitive model, I highly doubt they'll do retail shops or would be able to. And, we can't forget they teamed with WM.

I've had the 800 TF CS line refuse to queue my call a couple times. One time I got queued and was on hold for close to 2 hours - you know, for the next available representative - LOL - before I had to leave the house and hang up. I literally had to turn down the volume on the speaker phone because the hold tune was driving me up the wall (on top of the long wait).

That prompted me to find another means of contact and I found the executive resolution center in Miami. One call resolution, usually answered instantly, no script, 2-3 minutes, problem solved. I wonder if they would help with ST issues?
    It's getting the signal that matters.

GoPhone Caution: AT&T / Cingular GoPhone = No Roaming
    Our Nokia CDMA TracFones boldly go anywhere and make calls beyond where we only dreamed to get a signal with Cingular / AT&T