Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

Feedback Score
    Confirmed! At least the R451 C Straight Talk Samsung works on Page Plus. No word on LGs. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post13182634

Feedback Score
    Hello to all,

As I should have learned previously NOT to look just anywhere for usb drivers. I made that mistake last night, then spent all night rebuilding my pc from a complete system restore. Anyway my question is...Where do I go to find the USB driver for the Samsung R451C? I have searched and search, after purchasing th data pilot with the USB adapter cords it has become appearant that I am stuck. Also if by chance anyone knows how I can use my lg rythm on the straight talk phone system I emplore you to give me a hand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by id_novacaine
    Also if by chance anyone knows how I can use my lg rythm on the straight talk phone system I emplore you to give me a hand.
    Easy answer: You can't.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket & PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by id_novacaine
    Where do I go to find the USB driver for the Samsung R451C?
    I found an interesting bit of info on the Samsung website. I am not sure if this has been referenced before. If it has I apologize. R451C FAQ at Samsung Site

HERE is a specific answer to PC connectivity.

Quoted from the site:

"How Do I Use My TracFone Handset As A Modem Or Transfer Data Between It And My Computer?

Samsung does not offer a Data Kit software package, for the purpose of transferring data between the handset and a personal computer or for using a TracFone handset as a modem for a personal computer. However, depending on the model, there may be a media card slot located on the side of handset or in the battery compartment that allows information to be transferred to a personal computer with the use of a media card reader. For information on selecting the correct media card reader, please visit the Samsung Accessory website or check with a local computer store to purchase a media card reader compatible with both your computer and the media card type."

Feedback Score
    First post here... I have 3 questions -
    What are the thoughts in HF for going with Pageplus versus Straight Talk?
    Seems my VX8300 will work on Pageplus but will it work on ST?
    What is the best bang for the buck if I buy a new phone (touch screen style) that will work with PP or ST? One that has decent screen for web use.

If there is a place to find this info - please point me. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy50
    First post here... I have 3 questions -
    What are the thoughts in HF for going with Pageplus versus Straight Talk?
    Seems my VX8300 will work on Pageplus but will it work on ST?
    What is the best bang for the buck if I buy a new phone (touch screen style) that will work with PP or ST? One that has decent screen for web use.

If there is a place to find this info - please point me. Thanks.
    Only ST phones work on ST. PP and Verizon-MVNO phones work on PP, although getting data to work may be easy or may be impossible with a non-PP phone. You need to read the PP FAQs and Wiki for more info on PP phone options.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    Only ST phones work on ST. PP and Verizon-MVNO phones work on PP, although getting data to work may be easy or may be impossible with a non-PP phone. You need to read the PP FAQs and Wiki for more info on PP phone options.
    Thanks - I did read about my 8300 on PP - Voice/SMS/MMS will work but Web/Browser might be possible with mod.

Any thoughts about the 2 services? PP vs. ST - since both on Verizon will they have the same coverage? Are both reputable?

Any thoughts best bang for buck if I buy a new touch screen to use with PP? Send me to PP if I need to go there - thanks again.

Feedback Score

Updates to original post. For noobs only.

Some of the information in the original post needs to be updated.
    Obvious to many but the two big things have been:

1)Straight Talk has released their first 3G evdo/html capable touch screen smartphone the R810c. It is available currently only at Straighttalk.com with plans (no phone only options). Walmart.com does not have it.
    Random Walmarts have it in varying amounts and regions all over the country. The only real way to find out is to look.

Review on this America Movil "Superphone."

http://tracfone-blog.fone-review.com...0c-review.html

http://r810finesse.com/

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599359

Recommend studying the above links to know if you really want it or not and buying it locally only to avoid return/refund hassles. It is a $300 phone. Or wait until it is on www.walmart.com
    Haste can make waste.

2)Net10's Unlimited talk/text plan has been discontinued. Straight Talk is apparently successful enough to overshadow and replace its Att network $80 priced older sister. Existing Net10 Unlimited users will continue to be serviced it looks like.

Take care and have a Happy Holidays and New Year!

Feedback Score

Safelink Clarification and Straight Talk review

Hi there

Just to tell you all that safelink has nothing to do with the government or Obama and that it is an initiative between tracfone and Lifeline, which has been providing people who qualify with telecoms (initially landlines, only recently mobile phones) since the 1980's. So big up to safelink!

And just to tell you all that i recently bought the Samsung Finesse R810C on the Unlimited Plan and I have no issues browsing and I'm loving the fact that I'm saving myself over $2000 over a 2 year contract period and I can opt out at anytime! This seems like a no brainer to me...

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Are there any taxes with ST?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if straight talk supports the motorola Q phone like pageplus does? And if so does the data plan work on it?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejamaican
    Does anyone know if straight talk supports the motorola Q phone like pageplus does? And if so does the data plan work on it?

Thanks!
    Straight Talk only supports the phones that they sell.
    Check their website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II
    Straight Talk only supports the phones that they sell.
    Check their website.
    Thanks . "Support" maybe was the wrong word.

For example, Page Plus does not support the Motorola Q either but they do work on the Page Plus network which I think is the same Verizon network that StraightTalk has.

So can anyone confirm whether the Motorola Q works on StraightTalk and if so how about with the data plan?

Thanks again!

Device(s)
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejamaican
    Thanks . "Support" maybe was the wrong word.

For example, Page Plus does not support the Motorola Q either but they do work on the Page Plus network which I think is the same Verizon network that StraightTalk has.

So can anyone confirm whether the Motorola Q works on StraightTalk and if so how about with the data plan?

Thanks again!
    The only phones that can be activated on ST are the phones that have their serial number in ST's data bank and are sold by ST.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II
    The only phones that can be activated on ST are the phones that have their serial number in ST's data bank and are sold by ST.
    Thanks again for the clarification!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast