Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

Device(s)
    Samsung Mythic
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry if this has been answered...I did a quick search, but it didn't come up.

I'm looking at switching my Samsung Infuse over to Net10. I checked the website, and they offer a Net10 sim of the right size in my zip code. I realize that a Net10 phone is slaved to Net10, and you can't take it anywhere else. If I put a Net10 sim card into my Infuse, will it be stuck at Net10, or could I change providers in the future?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ixijimixi View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered...I did a quick search, but it didn't come up.

I'm looking at switching my Samsung Infuse over to Net10. I checked the website, and they offer a Net10 sim of the right size in my zip code. I realize that a Net10 phone is slaved to Net10, and you can't take it anywhere else. If I put a Net10 sim card into my Infuse, will it be stuck at Net10, or could I change providers in the future?
    Since your Infuse was not built by and to Tracfones specifications you can change it back at any time for another provider. You have a choice of the same BYOD SIM from either Net10 or Straight Talk (difference in price for the unlimited service). Make sure you pick the correct SIM (provider) for the Infuse so that you get the maximum intended data speed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foneholic View Post
    I have been with Tracfone right since the start. They have come a long way since then and now there are even triple minute phones! I am not a heavy user and this is ideal for me
    If you really aren't a heavy cellphone user, did you know that you can get away with under $7 a month - !?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
    Are you a cell phone carrying member or not?
    LOL This is a question I thought I would never see on a cell forum.
    But I guess the better question is are you asking does he have any cell phones period! Or does he have the LG-225? or does he have any American Movil branded/MVNO phones? Or what exactly?

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foneholic View Post
    I have been with Tracfone right since the start. They have come a long way since then and now there are even triple minute phones! I am not a heavy user and this is ideal for me
    I have a triple minute phone too - apparently there is now a triple minute card that you can use with any Tracfone

Feedback Score
    There was a time that TF only had the single min phones, they came out with double min phones and then down the road provided the double min cards so people with single min phones could update their service to the double min cards.
    TF now has triple min phones and I suspect they will do triple min cards, but have never heard that they have released any and have never seen them in stores.
    Has anyone seen triple min cards out?

Device(s)
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    There was a time that TF only had the single min phones, they came out with double min phones and then down the road provided the double min cards so people with single min phones could update their service to the double min cards.
    TF now has triple min phones and I suspect they will do triple min cards, but have never heard that they have released any and have never seen them in stores.
    Has anyone seen triple min cards out?
    There are no TMFL cards yet. Tracfone had a TMFL option on the Buy Airtime section of their website, but it was a one week beta test and is no longer available. Presumably, they were testing to gauge interest in it. There is no word yet if or when an actual TMFL card may become available.

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Telcel's international calling to Mexico mobile-to-mobile is insane plan.

Device(s)
    LG900GHL
    Carrier(s)
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gess View Post
    I have a triple minute phone too - apparently there is now a triple minute card that you can use with any Tracfone
    And that triple minute Tracfone deal might be a good thing, because I have an older Tracfone that I leave in the vehicle with minimal minutes on it for emergency use. Tracfone (at least in my area) roams, no matter whether in Home area or away, and it sucks minutes like a thirsty horse in Death Valley!
    As close as I can figure, it burns through 9 phone "minutes" for every actual clock minute. I gave up trying to work with them to fix it, which is why I went with Net 10 on my LG phone that uses data. It would brak a rich man to run it here on Tracfone (AT&T backbone for TracFone, Verizon for Net10 and Straight Talk Unlimited). There are huge differences on phone minutes for phone and data between Net 10, Tracfone (by name), and Straight Talk - all of which are part of the Tracfone umbrella.
    Unlimited plan is best if you have a choice. Unfortunately, with the Android phones, you don't have a choice- they only operate on Unlimited, but they also really choke you back on speed and availability if you use them a lot AND- if my son's phone is any indication, they will constantly try to switch you off their carriers to any nearby open wifi hotspot or signal you run across. Then the phone really slows to a crawl on data.
    A Fool's Money Never Lasts

Device(s)
    LG900GHL
    Carrier(s)
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dd78749 View Post
    There are no TMFL cards yet. Tracfone had a TMFL option on the Buy Airtime section of their website, but it was a one week beta test and is no longer available. Presumably, they were testing to gauge interest in it. There is no word yet if or when an actual TMFL card may become available.
    In my area, you can only get double minute capability on phones that are purchased with that option. If the packaging does not state on the outside "Double Minutes" or "Double Minutes Available/ Capable"- something to that effect, the Double Minutes and Annual Cards will NOT work here. Canot buy a phone that does not state it and then go back in later and try to add it on. The cards will not add Double Minutes, only increased cost for the cards. And you can put all the "codes" into the phone the techs suggest, still will not take the card, as a Double Minute card.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to find out how all the Tracfone plans work in your area. It has more to do with the area you live in, and the backbone provider for that area. They all treat Tracfone companies (Tracfone, Net10, and Staright Talk) differently, from provider on the SIM, and from plan to plan within the Tracfone family group. Net 10 or Staright Talk Unlimited is really the ONLY way to ge here.

Device(s)
    LG420
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    LG420G/TF question...finally installed an IOGear Bluetooth Adapter to make my laptop bluetooth-capable, and just successfully uploaded some ringtones I created last night. Now, I have six games and an Opera browser to upload....and yes, they've been "prepped" (modified .jad files to indicate TF cost is zero). Question is....do I upload both .jad and .jar files to the Games folder for each game?

(I assume the games go to the Games folder and the browser to the Apps folder...please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thanks in advance...

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    My family has two of the LG35G LG Optimus Logic phones on the unlimited plans and they work great. I would like to try the unlimited service out on my iphone 4s that is still under contract with AT&T. Is it possible to switch out the sim cards and see how it works on my iphone? Or will it mess up my iphone so it won't work with AT&T when I switch back? I'm thinking since they both are GSM phones working off the AT&T network it might not be a problem. Anyone try this and know for sure?

Feedback Score

Re: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

If it is a sim for a android smart phone you should get talk and text when you put he sim in, you may have to cut the card down to fit the I phone. And data will not be there until you change the apn, none of this should hurt the iPhones ability to work on att again but you will have to change the phones apns back to att when you switch back.
    If the sim card is coming from a older att flip or candy bar style phone or a feature phone, I don't know if it will work in a I phone.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Does unactivated NET10 sim have expiry date?

Device(s)
    w370
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Does unactivated NET10 sim have expiry date?
    I don't know about the BYOD sim cards, but what we will call "regular" sim cards they do not. I have sim cards that are years old and still work when a phone is activated.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast