Phones
    Droid incredible
    Droid eris
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

New "iPhone killer" was exactly what they all were. iPhone still on top

The consensus? That I still don't regret leaving verizon for my sexy new iPhone. What's widely known about the droid: "keyboard is flat and unusable, camera takes forever and the pictures are garbage, the free google gps has potential but isn't there quite yet, multimedia playback sucks and that android as a whole is coming along but still not as usable as iPhone"

I can't not sound like a fanboy here, but really. Anybody surprised?

Check it out. One of many:http://gizmodo.com/5396168/motorola-droid-review

Strangest thing. They start it out with "if you don't buy an iPhone buy a droid" and then spend most of the review trashing the droid with the only nice thing to say being "it has a pretty screen. Still no multitouch but pretty". It's as if people are so desperate for an iPhone Alternative they'd praise anything that came along, even with as many flaws as it has. People want an excuse to get excited. And I hope through 2010 there's another phone we can truly get excited for just to shake things up
    -------
    Is a fanboy of: android, webos and iPhone

Who would've thought it was possible to like more than 1 thing at once?

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T (Formerly known as Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soulweaponry

It's as if people are so desperate for an iPhone Alternative they'd praise anything that came along, even with as many flaws as it has. People want an excuse to get excited. And I hope through 2010 there's another phone we can truly get excited for just to shake things up

Finally somebody who can see through the BS.

Feedback Score
    Looks sexy.....the iPhone is still more hotter though

Phone
    iPhone 16GB White unlocked
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    nothings ever gonna beat the iPhone. Its thin small...easy to use.
    The keyboard is amazing...i hate dealing with people saying "oh i'd never want a full touch keypad" well eventually everythings going to be touch sensative? iPhone is a revolutionary device...iPhone FTW!

Phone
    iPhone fOur
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cool.
    The only thing i'm worried about is that I just got my 3GS on contract, and IF Apple does release something else, i'll be screwed.
    Unless its just an Awesome Firmware, in-which i will have to rejailbreak for.
    Anyone think iPhone will get more hardware installed? Or is the iPhone so great that it will only take software and firmware to make it better? Or even a completely different Apple phone?!

Phone
    8gb 3g
    Feedback Score
    People who hate AT&T are going to switch to Verizon. They'll just realize the andriod was all hype and wanna go back to their iphone. I've had a couple dropped calls with AT&T but thats definately not gonna make me switch back to Verizon.

Phone
    iPhone 5S 64GB Black factory unlocked
    Carrier
    Koodo (Canada), SFR and FREE in France, T-Mobile in US, SETAR in Aruba
    Feedback Score
    I'm sick and tired of seeing all these claims for the next "iphone killer". The iphone is a popular phone which gives it a huge advantage. The firmware is constantly updated, there's tons of support out there, loads of apps and accessories that can fill entire stores!! Yes, the next HTC or Nokia phone may be cool at first, but at best, it will sell a few hundred thousand units and be replaced by something totally different a few months down the road. Then firmware support will stop, you won't find anymore accessories, etc... The original iphone (Edge) is still fully supported and will be for years to come.

Phones
    Droid incredible
    Droid eris
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whoomp there it is. Yet another review echoing the same faults that every other review on the net has complained about. Seems like everything featured in the "iDon't" commercials were just proven bs excuses to pick one up.http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-r...r-verizon.aspx

And my comment on this. Copied a couple sentences from my hofo post, but you get the idea:

"So, keyboard is flat and unusable, camera takes forever and the pictures are garbage, the free google gps has potential but isn't there quite yet, multimedia playback sucks and that android as a whole is coming along but still not as usable as iPhone. And this is the phone with hype worthy of something game changing? Wow.

Out of all the reviews i've read so far for this thing, all i ever hear is "It has a pretty screen! No multitouch, but dammit its so purty!..oh...and android is a little more consumer friendly". This is a phone that will cater to consumers looking for the verizon network, not the next big phone. iPhone users happy with the iphone won't switch. Verizon will sell a few hundred thousand units to those already on the fence about jumping to verizon, but droid will be forgotten in a few months when the next "iPhone killer" pops up.

The insane hype around the droid is...well...pretty insane and undeserved. It's as if people are so desperate for an iPhone Alternative they'd praise anything that came along, even with as many flaws as it has. People want an excuse to get excited. And I hope through 2010 there's another phone we can truly get excited for just to shake things up"

Phone
    landline
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    its the appstore that seals the deal for the iphone...without an appstore as deep and vast as apple's there is nothing that will make me leave it...I'll buy an iPhone for the next 20years if they come out every year and the appstore gets better and better along with the hardware

no appstore, no deal!

Phones
    iPhone3GS - iPhone3G - SE Xperia X1 - iPhone3G - Fuze - iPhone3G (ATT)
    BB8830 - BB8130 - i760 (VZW), iPhone - Nokia E90 (ATT)
    BB8703 - A990 - BB7130 - XV6700 - LG9800 - I730 (VZW)
    Carrier
    VZW, ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan921
    People who hate AT&T are going to switch to Verizon. They'll just realize the andriod was all hype and wanna go back to their iphone. I've had a couple dropped calls with AT&T but thats definately not gonna make me switch back to Verizon.
    Which is why I've been sampling every GSM version of a phone I can find. Its relatively cheap to test the Fuze, or Xperia, etc....there is no porting involved. Once they realize that they miss their iPhone...they'll be back.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's as if people are so desperate for an iPhone Alternative they'd praise anything that came along, even with as many flaws as it has. People want an excuse to get excited. And I hope through 2010 there's another phone we can truly get excited for just to shake things up
    This is exactly right. Said by a user on another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman_90 View Post
    I hope it whoops the iPhone, I like Motorola.

But, to me a phone is for calling people....nothing more.

So I say meh to multimedia phones. Not that they aren't cool, I just don't think they are worth it.
    Complete ignorance.
    Currently listening to: Oli G - Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    Pi ra cy discussions are not allowed here.
    You are ban ned!

Phones
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Past BB Tour (sold)
    past Palm Pre (sold)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The consensus? That I still don't regret leaving verizon for my sexy new iPhone. What's widely known about the droid: "keyboard is flat and unusable, camera takes forever and the pictures are garbage, the free google gps has potential but isn't there quite yet, multimedia playback sucks and that android as a whole is coming along but still not as usable as iPhone"

I can't not sound like a fanboy here, but really. Anybody surprised?

Check it out. One of many:http://gizmodo.com/5396168/motorola-droid-review

Strangest thing. They start it out with "if you don't buy an iPhone buy a droid" and then spend most of the review trashing the droid with the only nice thing to say being "it has a pretty screen. Still no multitouch but pretty". It's as if people are so desperate for an iPhone Alternative they'd praise anything that came along, even with as many flaws as it has. People want an excuse to get excited. And I hope through 2010 there's another phone we can truly get excited for just to shake things up
    I've been seeing mixed reviews. Though you are right about people wanting an excuse to get excited, I think the Droid will be a really great device. It basically boils down to it being a trade off. Both phones do things that the other one doesn't. The iPhone just makes things more simple and pretty. The functionality is there with Android, it just doesn't look as nice. I think the Droid is a great choice for people who are in a bad AT&T coverage area or if your just bored with the iPhone. I don't like the fact that any phone uses the phrase iPhone killer because thats not gonna happen. They need to let the phone build it's own credibility.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by {StatuSChecKa}
    Cool.
    The only thing i'm worried about is that I just got my 3GS on contract, and IF Apple does release something else, i'll be screwed.
    Unless its just an Awesome Firmware, in-which i will have to rejailbreak for.
    Anyone think iPhone will get more hardware installed? Or is the iPhone so great that it will only take software and firmware to make it better? Or even a completely different Apple phone?!
    That's would suck. We can always jail break and unlock the iPhone and sell it on eBay. We can use that money towards the new device.

I have a feeling tht there might be a new device coming out in the future to compete.

Carrier
    AT&T wireless
    Feedback Score
    Long live the iPhone

Phone
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    It might not be the Droid being the one to challenge the iPhone in any big way, but the Android OS looks like its hitting its stride. The real competition might be the next generation of Android phones after Droid.

Google wants a piece and they have the money. There will be a war for the top spot. They might not have the ammo now, but they are stockpiling.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast