Thread: Verizon fees on plan & phone to cancel month to month purchase?

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Verizon fees on plan & phone to cancel month to month purchase?

Hello all

I was thinking of buying a data plan required smartphone and some related equipment and paying from what I understand is full retail under the month to month plan and then canceling.

Are there any fees for canceling the plan?

Are there any fees for keeping the equipment?

Phones
    Samsung a930
    Audiovox 9900
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    just sign up for verizon and cancel after 30 days with the plan. Then you have to pay the $175 early termination fee only and get to keep the equipment, since its after 30 days. If you just bought the phone retail, it would probably be like $600 or so. Its cheaper to contract wait 30 days and cancel. Here the only catch, on Nov 15th, the Early termination fee will be increasing to $350!! SO if you are gonna do it, do it now.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WBFAir
    Hello all

I was thinking of buying a data plan required smartphone and some related equipment and paying from what I understand is full retail under the month to month plan and then canceling.

Are there any fees for canceling the plan?
    Not if you're out of contract. All you owe is the last bill, which will not be pro-rated.
    Are there any fees for keeping the equipment?
    Not if you purchased it at full retail price.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    If you buy the phone at full retail pricing you don't have a contract and thus no ETF or any other fees. As I recall you don't really even have to activate it or anything like that, but if you do, you can definitely do it on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any point without any fees or anything like that. With full retail pricing nothing about contracts or ETFs would apply.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grandeson
    just sign up for verizon and cancel after 30 days with the plan. Then you have to pay the $175 early termination fee only and get to keep the equipment, since its after 30 days. If you just bought the phone retail, it would probably be like $600 or so. Its cheaper to contract wait 30 days and cancel. Here the only catch, on Nov 15th, the Early termination fee will be increasing to $350!! SO if you are gonna do it, do it now.
    I think if I read and understand the agreement correctly (not that I am claiming I can do that) but as well as the fee, if you get anything under a reduced price or rebate, then cancel, that you have to pay for what ever those things were.

If this is correct even with the $175.00 ETF if I were able to get it that quick, if I kept the equipment, I would essentially have to pay full retail for it.

Correct?

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    If you buy the phone at full retail pricing you don't have a contract and thus no ETF or any other fees. As I recall you don't really even have to activate it or anything like that, but if you do, you can definitely do it on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any point without any fees or anything like that. With full retail pricing nothing about contracts or ETFs would apply.
    I guess this is where I'm a little confused and sorry for this but as Verizon just doesn't seem to have any literature on the month to month conditions I don't have anything in writing to review or use to argue any misconduct.

So some of what I'm confused about is because essentially there is no way to buy the phone straight retail, at least by what I see on line.

By that I mean, either its a two year, one year contract or month to month.

And although I know they don't use the word "contract" for their month to month option, is it still some kind of a lowered price to purchase the equipment?

I guess the question is, can I consider that the month to month price for anything they sell 100% full retail?

An second and I know this is kinda repeating myself but, if I get the device under that mtm term, are there any fees I have to pay to keep the device?

Phones
    Moto Q9M, C290
    Blackberry 8330, 8830, Pearl
    LG Lotus, Samsung Hue
    Carriers
    Pageplus
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    1) I guess the question is, can I consider that the month to month price for anything they sell 100% full retail?

2) An second and I know this is kinda repeating myself but, if I get the device under that mtm term, are there any fees I have to pay to keep the device?
    1) Yes
    2) No

Buy the phone for full price at Walmart. Cheaper than vzw retail store.

Feedback Score
    I guess this is where I'm a little confused and sorry for this but as Verizon just doesn't seem to have any literature on the month to month conditions I don't have anything in writing to review or use to argue any misconduct.

So some of what I'm confused about is because essentially there is no way to buy the phone straight retail, at least by what I see on line.

By that I mean, either its a two year, one year contract or month to month.

And although I know they don't use the word "contract" for their month to month option, is it still some kind of a lowered price to purchase the equipment?

I guess the question is, can I consider that the month to month price for anything they sell 100% full retail?

An second and I know this is kinda repeating myself but, if I get the device under that mtm term, are there any fees I have to pay to keep the device?
    Month-to-month is the type of plan you are getting, not a contract or anything like that. The phone pricing under that kind of plan is full retail pricing (you aren't getting any discounts as you would be with a 1-year or 2-year contract).