Thread: Can't Receive Text Messages anymore?

Feedback Score

Can't Receive Text Messages anymore?

I've been using Virgin Mobile for nearly four years now. Recently, I had the Red Kyocera Cyclops phone, which I liked a lot and worked well for me, despite dropping it a lot.

Then suddenly on Tuesday, I stopped receiving text messages from a Verizon number, the number I call the most. Just for reference, I had not dropped my phone lately, in fact, the phone had been working just fine earlier that day and the night before. But no texts were received from the Verizon number all day, until a random one at midnight.

Wednesday, I decided to do a test and had all different numbers text me. I got messages from AT&T, Sprint, TMobile, and Virgin just fine. I decided it must have just been an issue with Verizon. But by the end of the night, I was not receiving messages at all.

Tried again this morning, and had numbers from the previous day try texting me again, and now, absolutely no numbers can text me. I decided that maybe it was time to buy a new phone, until we switch to TMobile anyway. I went out and bought the LG Flare.

It has been eight hours since I activated the LG Flare, and still, no text messages. I can call people just fine. I have also received calls and even a voicemail, but text messages will not work. I have no issues sending them out, I just can't receive any.

Any help or suggestions?? I pretty much text all day, and without being able to receive text messages, my major communication with people hours away from me is gone.

Feedback Score
    VM texting has been spotty since about April this year. I have no idea what the EXACT cause is. It just comes and goes. Everything is fine for awhile, then BAM suddenly it stops working .

Various threads here in the forum will support my claims. Texters Delight is a great plan, WHEN it works.

I would say, give it a reasonable amount of time then if that does not work , switch to either Verizon prepaid unlimited messaging or Att Gophone unlimited messaging. In both, you buy the 25 cents a minute voice plan then add the messaging pack. No voice use, no charge. They are both $20 each.
    No email though unlike the VM plan.

Verizon prepaid has better coverage though and Att gophone has a wider choice of phones if you can avoid getting the new six month simlock orange/white Gophone sim which locks the sim to one phone for half a year.

Feedback Score
    This has also been the situation recently in Metro Atlanta GA with a family member's account ( unlimited text plan) . I keep this account mainly because of the call records feature but if the text problems persist I will move it .