Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID FAQ & Tips-and-Tricks. Post your questions and tip here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PWiddy
    can't setup bellsouth webmail to be pushed to device...giving me "setup could not finish" unable to open connection to server...anybody else?
    I've got the same problem with charter. Most likely reason is that a lot of ISPs only allow you so send emails from thier range of IP addresses. So set up never gets the out going connection established completed.

Try setting it up from your wi-fi network
    1. Go into airplane mode
    2. connect to your wifi network
    3. Set up your bellsouth account in inbox
    -the inbox assumes that your mail server is the last part of your email address (bellsouth.net), but your actual mail server may be something like pop.bellsouth.net or mail.bellsouth.net

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A few questions...

1) How do I choose high quality as an option for youtube videos?
    2) After taking a video and click share, how can I add facebook as an option?

Is anyone else having a problem with "Unable to get account information" from youtube?

Device(s)
    LG VX880 Venus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemanster
    A few questions...

1) How do I choose high quality as an option for youtube videos?
    2) After taking a video and click share, how can I add facebook as an option?

Is anyone else having a problem with "Unable to get account information" from youtube?
    Not sure about #1, but #2 I would guess press and hold your finger on the video until the options window pops up. I'm not 100% sure on this, just worth a try.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    I noticed this as well, and would like have speed dials, than placing everyone's direct-dial link on a homescreen.
    I don't have a solution, but are there dialer addons for Android? I know on my Windows Mobile phone, SPB Dialer did exactly this and more. I imagine there must be something available that would do this.

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    how can I turn off the cell phone radio? I have no service at work so i don't want it to bother searching all day.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNiceOne
    Not sure about #1, but #2 I would guess press and hold your finger on the video until the options window pops up. I'm not 100% sure on this, just worth a try.
    Thank you for the suggestion but that only works for pictures. For video you have an option for MMS, email, and youtube but no facebook.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Enable Airplane mode if you want to turn your cell radio completely off.

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Also, how can I remove Visual VM, and Amazon MP3 from the phone? (it's not on my home screen, it's only in the drawer or whatever it's called)

Device(s)
    DRROOOIIIID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeZer0
    Enable Airplane mode if you want to turn your cell radio completely off.

won't that also turn off Wi-Fi and bluetooth?

edit: it says right on airplane mode "disable all wireless connections" so that's not what I want.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg
    won't that also turn off Wi-Fi and bluetooth?

edit: it says right on airplane mode "disable all wireless connections" so that's not what I want.
    Hmm...A google search tells me the same and there is an app to leave wifi on while in airplane mode.

http://www.danvelazco.com/2009/08/ai...scription.html

Device(s)
    Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Currently a BB Curve user using Funobol sync (Rackspace Mail) for over the air sync between outlook & blackberry. I use BIS for email delivery. I love this setup.
    I am hoping there is a similar solution for Droid that does not involve Gmail. I can use IMAP for my email, but Contact and Calendar sync I cannot figure out. I need an over the air solution.

Does Android have such an app/solution?

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    How do I highlight text to copy/paste or delete?

Feedback Score
    So I'm not able to sync my the phone with my yahoo mail account. I'm able to sync it with my hotmail and school email addresses, but not my yahoo. It says I have either an incorrect email name or password. I know i am putting it in correctly. Any reason why yahoo won't work?

Feedback Score
    How can you set your contacts for speed dial.. I'd like to push 2 and have it call my dad, 3 for my mom etc

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorito
    How can you set your contacts for speed dial.. I'd like to push 2 and have it call my dad, 3 for my mom etc
    No one seems to have figured this out yet unfortunately. I really hope we are just missing it or it can be added with a software update or an app. If the "1" is supported for voicemail I see no reason the others couldn't as well.

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast