Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID FAQ & Tips-and-Tricks. Post your questions and tip here.

Device(s)
    ||D)).||R\.((O)).[|].||D)).
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PWiddy
    option has to be enabled on phone..look for mount in menu
    Is this in the Settings menu? I can't find it anywhere unless I'm just blatantly skipping over it with my eyes. The only thing I see close to it is "Unmount SD Card" under SD card & phone storage in the settings menu.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemanster
    A few questions...

1) How do I choose high quality as an option for youtube videos?
    2) After taking a video and click share, how can I add facebook as an option?

Is anyone else having a problem with "Unable to get account information" from youtube?
    For number one, when you're watching the youtube video, select the options button (one with lines on from the bottom 4 capacitive buttons). Select more, and then you can select watch in high quality as the last option. I haven't had any problems with my youtube account.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson5693
    Is this in the Settings menu? I can't find it anywhere unless I'm just blatantly skipping over it with my eyes. The only thing I see close to it is "Unmount SD Card" under SD card & phone storage in the settings menu.
    While your phone is connected through usb, you'll see a usb notification at the top of your phone. Bring down your notification panel. Click on your usb option, and select mount.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know I saw this somewhere in the 800 million pages of the prerelease thread but can someone link me or mention what folders need to be in root of the sd card for notifications, wallpapers, video, etc, whatever they all need to be?

Device(s)
    ||D)).||R\.((O)).[|].||D)).
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRTK_Brandon
    While your phone is connected through usb, you'll see a usb notification at the top of your phone. Bring down your notification panel. Click on your usb option, and select mount.
    Yup I saw that in the link someone posted on the last page right after I posted my question. I guess that's what I get for skimming...

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuuth
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

A tip:

At first, I was a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a way to add speed dials for those contacts I call most often. "1" is speed dial for Voice Mail, but I can't find a way to add others.

A neat feature I just discovered is a great work-around:

If you aren't using all of the 3 home screens for shortcuts, you can hold down on one until you get the "Add to Home screen" popup.

Click on Shortcuts, and then click on Direct dial.

It will take you to your contact list, where you can select any number for any contact. (Notice your contacts will be listed as many times as they have numbers.)

An icon will then be on your home screen which, when touched, will speed dial that number.

I have set the entire left window of the home screen for Direct dial icons. 4 rows x 4 columns = 16 speed dials.

(If you are one who uses messaging more, you can also set Direct message icons the same way.)
    good find, thanks

Device(s)
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg
    won't that also turn off Wi-Fi and bluetooth?

edit: it says right on airplane mode "disable all wireless connections" so that's not what I want.
    You cannot use WiFi by itself.
    Member, Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Feedback Score
    how do you play videos? I put a bunch of videos on ... do they need a special folder?

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for answering the youtube quality question.

Next thing is the location based search just died on me. I double checked my settings, GPS is turned on, and I have the option checked to allow location based services. if I open up the maps application it nails my location perfectly. If I do a google search it says y location is unavailable. I click retry or refresh or whatever the link is for that and it waits like half a second and still says location unavailable.

Any ideas?

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorito
    how do you play videos? I put a bunch of videos on ... do they need a special folder?
    Put them in a foler "movies" and click on the media app.
    Thats what I did and it worked fine.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Like many of you first-time Android users, I had some confusion in mounting my phone on my Windows system. Dragging and dropping works eventually but I found an app that lets you mount/unmount via USB with one click.

It's a neat little tool.

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ntusb-qqE.aspx

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson5693
    plug the phone into the computer, at the top in the notification bar on the droid there is an option to mount/unmount

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemanster
    Put them in a foler "movies" and click on the media app.
    Thats what I did and it worked fine.
    i see it doesn't support wma.. what does it support?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't recall seeing this tidbit posted in this thread yet. For those of you not liking the display dimming when it's in a dock or being charged, there' setting in the Dev section to never let the display dim while charging.

Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check "Stay Awake"

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foolie
    How do I highlight text to copy/paste or delete?
    I would like to know this as well.

thanks,
    Chad

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast