Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Large Back Label
    HW A 38/09

Small
    TA40400VU8 ISW TE6 B27
    SJUG5546AA 0101

No reboots or crashes. I have problems with wi-fi it turns off by itself after a while. The camera does some clicking when initializing.

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    BB Pearl,Samsung FlipShot, Juke, SCH-U620
    LG enV, enV2, LG Chocolate, Motorola E815 & V710
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    So what is the deal with the red or green?
    I never noticed the color, but when I was just testing it I couldn't take the pic when they were red. But now I just tried again and it let me take a pic when red and I couldn't get them to go green.

Are there only theories as to what the red/green means or is this info common knowledge (though not to me)?

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    So what is the deal with the red or green?
    I never noticed the color, but when I was just testing it I couldn't take the pic when they were red. But now I just tried again and it let me take a pic when red and I couldn't get them to go green.

Are there only theories as to what the red/green means or is this info common knowledge (though not to me)?
    To me red mean that it cannot focus, green means it can focus. I think that if it cannot focus it shouldnt proceed with the capture.

I get green when its using the flash to focus, and get red if its dark and the flash is not enabled.

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrangedEntropy
    To me red mean that it cannot focus, green means it can focus. I think that if it cannot focus it shouldnt proceed with the capture.

I get green when its using the flash to focus, and get red if its dark and the flash is not enabled.
    When I had some light, I was getting red or green depending on the focus, it seemed. Because when it was red it wouldn't take the pic.

Here in my apartment it is dark, so it wants the flash but I have it off. But I can get a focus lock on the plasma and take a pic - but the bars are red. But like you said, I think they are red in this case because there is not enough light.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On my camera, sometime red shows up, sometimes green. It all depends on how much lighting is there and, most importantly, how easy the subject I'm trying to photograph is to focus on (i.e. sharp, straight edges or high contrast colors). Just because it pops up green does not guarantee a sharp photo. When it focuses, it locks in the focus and doesn't change it, so if your subject moves or you move the camera, the picture will end up being out of focus.

As for bluetooth (since Humpa asked), the only bluetooth problem I have is that the phone does not auto-connect to the bluetooth adapter for my Pioneer car stereo. The stereo tries to pair, but the phone just says "paired but not connected". I have to physically click on the Pioneer bluetooth shown on the phone to get it to connect.

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Ah, yes I had read about that Bluetooth problem. I guess I lumped that with the incomplete Bluetooth stack, rather than a problem. That would be a bug though, or at least something that needs updating/fixing.

Phones
    Moto V276
    Iphone (wife's phone)
    Palm 755p
    Carriers
    Verizon (1993 - )
    Feedback Score
    41/09

It seems for me, the more light, the better chance of the green bars.

When I read that an update was coming on this, my lucid thought was that all the update will do is just get rid of the red bars and show green all the time.
    PalmEnvy

I sometimes get the feeling that being a verizon subscriber is like dating a supermodel, who happens to be a lesbian. Looks awesome, works great, but you never get to fully experience the ride.

Phones
    Samsung Note 3, LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My insider sent me a message regarding the camera issue(s), so I thought I'd update everyone...

I've finally updated to the latest candidate release for the next update, and I can tell you that your camera concerns should (most all) be relieved. Camera focuses like a champ, and the bar code scanner is so quick to pick up the bar codes that I don't even get a chance to "center" them now. I'll leave the picture quality comparisons to you experts, but I've noticed a vast improvement! And this is on the same phone... again, this is most definitely not a HW issue.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3M; LG EnV (orange); LG EnV (silver); LG Voyager; LG EnV Touch; Motorola Droid
    Sony Ericsson Z500A; Motorola Razr V3C
    Nokia 3280; Motorola 120i; Kyocera KE414C (Phantom); Nokia 3585i
    Carriers
    1. Verizon
    3. US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    My insider sent me a message regarding the camera issue(s), so I thought I'd update everyone...

I've finally updated to the latest candidate release for the next update, and I can tell you that your camera concerns should (most all) be relieved. Camera focuses like a champ, and the bar code scanner is so quick to pick up the bar codes that I don't even get a chance to "center" them now. I'll leave the picture quality comparisons to you experts, but I've noticed a vast improvement! And this is on the same phone... again, this is most definitely not a HW issue.
    Fantastic... is this something we need to wait until December for?

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudah
    Fantastic... is this something we need to wait until December for?
    I wouldn't count on it that early. Given VZW's track record on releasing updates.
    Though we can at least hope.

Phones
    Samsung Note 3, LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

He said the current internal build is ESD43, so who know what number it will be once the final one comes out in Dec.
    But since they are calling it "release candidate" they will most likely focus on a build and make sure that one is stable for release.
    There may be a few RCs before the final one.

Phones
    LG Dare
    RAZR2 V9m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This won't be the 2.1 update we have heard about will it FAUguy?
    jhalf

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG VX9700 (Dare)
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Does your insider have any idea if this will fix the clicking noise on camera startup issue?

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola E815
    LG VX4600
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I wouldn't count on it that early. Given VZW's track record on releasing updates.
    Though we can at least hope.
    Since it's a stock Google Android update, it may come a lot faster than we expect, especially with the phone being OTA capable. I'm holding out on the Droid until these issues get fixed.

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
    Since it's a stock Google Android update, it may come a lot faster than we expect, especially with the phone being OTA capable. I'm holding out on the Droid until these issues get fixed.
    I've had lots of VZW phones with OTA stickers on them. I don't think I've ever gotten an OTA update.

Holding off until the camera gets fixed? There really isn't anything else.

I don't think there will be anything better for a while - hopefully the spring. My phones tend to have a 6-12mos life span.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast