Thread: Tethering Straight Talk r451?

Phones
    HTC EVO
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score

Tethering Straight Talk r451?

Does anyone know how to tether a Straight Talk r451? Ive done it with my metro r450 and im wondering if it will work on the ST r451. If so,give steps you took to accomplish this please.
    Warhammer667

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by warhammsr667
    Does anyone know how to tether a Straight Talk r451? Ive done it with my metro r450 and im wondering if it will work on the ST r451. If so,give steps you took to accomplish this please.
    I wish I could tell you how but sorry, I dunno how. But just in case it matters to you ST TOS agreement does not allow tethering. (I know, I know.....I hate this kind of an answer just as much as you probably do......sorry)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    I wish I could tell you how but sorry, I dunno how. But just in case it matters to you ST TOS agreement does not allow tethering. (I know, I know.....I hate this kind of an answer just as much as you probably do......sorry)
    True yes, but search for the word "tether" in the TOS
    Straight Talk Unlimited talk, text and data plan Features cannot be used: (1) ... or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for the use of Wireless Synch.

Interesting thing is that they put this specifically as a item of the unlimited plan. Yeah, I know, Not much you can do with 30MB of data. But with the 1000 plan it has been accumulating on every renew.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melenet
    Straight Talk Unlimited talk, text and data plan Features cannot be used: (1) ... or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for the use of Wireless Synch.

Interesting thing is that they put this specifically as a item of the unlimited plan. Yeah, I know, Not much you can do with 30MB of data. But with the 1000 plan it has been accumulating on every renew.
    just do emergency download
    should work
    9+pwr
    load the metro or ckt bin!
    let me know how it goes!

Feedback Score

Scratch the thought of the accumulating credits. Was reset even on auto-renew.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering how they would know the difference between a tethered laptop and a phone's built in browser. It's all just data.

Feedback Score
    They keep a log of the user agents so if you where to use wap it would be a different user agent such as if you where to use Mozilla Firefox or internet explorer just get a user agent switcher and find the agent name in the phone usually a xml file

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Scratch the thought of the accumulating credits. Was reset even on auto-renew.

Were you paying with cards previously? Because mine is still accumulating and while I never had any intention of signing up for auto-renew this is just one more good reason not to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hazardous
    They keep a log of the user agents so if you where to use wap it would be a different user agent such as if you where to use Mozilla Firefox or internet explorer just get a user agent switcher and find the agent name in the phone usually a xml file
    So if I just used something like Opera and configured it to report that its a mobile device they wouldn't know the difference? What about non web acess? For example vpn or ssh?

Phone
    Samsung Intercept
    Carriers
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Lg 290c: LGE-LG290C/1.0[TF268435458415859177000000019854158886] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I was wondering the same thing as for instance transfering stuff from the ringtones folder to the sd cards music folder and saving pics or what not to your computer from your phone might be nice also to edit your contacts or even import or export them via pc let me know what you come up with i also had a 450 though mine was cricket and i hadn't attempted tethering i would believe it would be the same as they are pretty much the same phone again let of know what you find out good luck

Feedback Score
    How did you tether the old phone? On straight talk? I'll just get a seperate phone and tether it, it is much cheaper then a plan here, and if it goes good. I'll report back if they ban it or not every month, and will be connected 24/7

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    .. ..if you or anybody has been doing research about using the r451c as a modem..you would have notice that it can only be done with a straighttalk r451c that has a samsung logo above the ok button not tracfone..!!.its because of the hidden menus..i can enable "dun". which allows me to tether..but st. would get peedoff.if they new..
    Last edited by rcrhow; 09-11-2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: info

Feedback Score
    Do you have access to this phone or know where I can get it or you sell me one? I'll just buy a seperate plan so my real phone is never used ha! and I will get back to you on how long I can do this before getting caught.

Anyways, my email is billman2002@gmail.com that is also my msn please get ahold of me Asap so we can talk more in detail
    Thanks,
    Will

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Will.. if you get it to tether and work successfully, would you please write a review on it on this forum? Thanks.

Feedback Score

No Problem

Yes, If I can get this phone to tether, I will post everything step by step on how to get it done, I'm just hoping the guy above writes me further details on this phone on how to get it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast