So I got my camera to start focusing and take quicker pictures by changing the settings. Before doing this I would either always get the red bars or no picture at all....when it did take a picture there would be a lag. I also noticed the sound went away, and the scanning apps started working a hell of alot better.
Maybe some of you can confirm if you see better performance after these steps:
1. Open Camera App
2. Click the left side of screen to slide options, or open it from the menu button.
3. Go to scene mode and change it to something else like Action (anything but portrait).
4. Take a picture...you will notice there is no focus bars on the corner, it will just snap pics. Take one picture at least
5. Click on top right to view the picture then click done.
6. Take another picture you will notice you now get the focus bars and they turn green.
All picture are now in focus. If you want to change back to auto you can but it will only hold for as long as you are still in the camera app. Otherwise keep your camera in a setting like action and you will have focussed pictures. All pictures for me focus correctly now, and I can also scan barcodes using apps like shopsavvy with a success rate I did not enjoy before.
Hope this helps some of you.
Also hope they get the software patch out sooner than later.