Thread: How fast is internet on Straight Talk?

Carrier
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score

How fast is internet on Straight Talk?

How fast is the data on Straight Talk?

Feedback Score
    Seeing as how all the phones are 1xrtt, the slower cdma standard, probably at least double to fourfold what the iden carriers get. Iden 2G is like high teens , low 20s in kbps? 1xrtt is rated at 144 kbps download but typically real speeds are more 20-80kbps.
    Of course, using a good browser like Opera Mini on iden vs using a crummy wap browser on 1xrtt can make a difference in user experience and be somewhat of an equalizer.

The diff right now is that ST phones are fairly locked down on features while Boost/iden allows the wide world of free Java/J2ME to uh...boost its experience.

The speed issue could change of course if the Samsung R810c Finesse is released on ST as it is supposed to pack high speed evdo . That could mean about roughly up to fivefold increase or more in speed over 1xrtt in practice .

No word yet on price, release date or even 100% if it is even coming though.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBoost
    How fast is the data on Straight Talk?
    Faster than Boost.
    Text messages don't take hours either.

Phone
    Moto i465
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023
    Seeing as how all the phones are 1xrtt, the slower cdma standard, probably at least double to fourfold what the iden carriers get. Iden 2G is like high teens , low 20s in kbps? 1xrtt is rated at 144 kbps download but typically real speeds are more 20-80kbps.
    Of course, using a good browser like Opera Mini on iden vs using a crummy wap browser on 1xrtt can make a difference in user experience and be somewhat of an equalizer.

The diff right now is that ST phones are fairly locked down on features while Boost/iden allows the wide world of free Java/J2ME to uh...boost its experience.

The speed issue could change of course if the Samsung R810c Finesse is released on ST as it is supposed to pack high speed evdo . That could mean about roughly up to fivefold increase or more in speed over 1xrtt in practice .

No word yet on price, release date or even 100% if it is even coming though.
    Isn't the R451-C A faster cdma phone. Doesn't it get 3g speeds?
    Rob

Feedback Score
    No. The R451c is not a faster web phone. It is 1xrtt like all the other ST phones.
    Technically, 1xrtt might be considered by some to be earlier cdma 3g technology.
    The Kyocera 2235 was considered the first Verizon 3g phone, but this was back in 2001 and definitions can shift with time. I would say today, 1xrtt is generally considered 2.5 g or so, not pure/true 3G. An EVDO capable cdma phone on the other hand is pure 3G.

Phone
    Merit ZTE
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I would honestly have to say, no better then dial-up for most. But my text message fly in and out even with no bars.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro
    W385
    Samsung Moment M900
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The internet on my lg phone is faster than the internet I had on my blackberry with sprint and boost. I can have no bars for service and still send and recieve text quickly. I have the 451c also but I can't use it till next week since they will only let me transfer my number not my monthly credit. I swear when I had boost it took 5 minutes to open some pages and the text would take 5 minutes to a day to get to me. So far I have had no problem with st and I plan on sticking with them. Hope my useless review helps!