Thread: When is expired really expired in NET10-land?

Feedback Score

When is expired really expired in NET10-land?

I have a telephone that has the following display on the homescreen:

161.00 minutes, 0 service days.

On the Prepaid/Airtime info screen the following is displayed:

Minutes: 161.00

Due Date: 10/03/09

The NET10 FAQ contains the following:

[Q] If I have passed the due date displayed on my NET10 phone and it is deactivated, can I still use those minutes if I reactivate my NET10 phone?

[A] No, you have 30 days from the day you go past due to add another airtime card and keep your minutes.

My question is this: Since the due date is 10/03/09, what do the minues become unuseable so that they cannot be used if refill minutes are bought?

Is it 30 days after 10/30/09, in which case the 161 minutes have been unuseable since 11/02/09?

Is the "passed due" date 30 days after 30 days after 10/3/09, so the minutes are not unuseable, but will become unuseable on 12/2/09 or thereabouts?

Whatever the rule is, does the display of 161.00 minutes means that the minutes are useable if the phone is refilled?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman

My question is this: Since the due date is 10/03/09, what do the minues become unuseable so that they cannot be used if refill minutes are bought?

Is it 30 days after 10/30/09, in which case the 161 minutes have been unuseable since 11/02/09?
    You lose the 161 mins if you do not add more airtime within 30 days after your service end date. Your post is too confusing to understand what your service end date actually was.........I can only assume the SED was 10/03 and not 10/30. So if it was 10/3 then you are too late to recoup the 161 mins.

Is the "passed due" date 30 days after 30 days after 10/3/09, so the minutes are not unuseable, but will become unuseable on 12/2/09 or thereabouts?
    Where did you come up with this possibility????????lol

Whatever the rule is, does the display of 161.00 minutes means that the minutes are useable if the phone is refilled?
    Doesn't mean a thing in your case.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Sorry about the 10/30/09 typo.

I know my question raised an unlikely possibility, but I thought it strange that the phone showed minutes that did not really exist even though the phone "knows" the SED and today's date.

Feedback Score
    If you don't do anything to the phone, it will always show "161 minutes." The minute counter is stored in your phone's memory and is not directly available anywhere else.

However, if you wait too long before adding new minutes, the process of adding more service will delete those 161 minutes.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    If you don't do anything to the phone, it will always show "161 minutes." The minute counter is stored in your phone's memory and is not directly available anywhere else.

However, if you wait too long before adding new minutes, the process of adding more service will delete those 161 minutes.
    He already waited too long

Feedback Score
    Except that the due date is 10/30/09 and not 10/03/09.

I just noticed a change in the online Terms and Conditions, and found this thoroughly confusing phrase:

"Airtime minutes added to your NET10 do not expire with active service and usage within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months."

Does that mean that you have 12 months to add service to an expired phone, or that your phone will "die" if you don't make or receive a call or add more service for 12 consecutive months?

Probably the latter, but who writes this crappy confusing stuff?

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

[Q] If I have passed the due date displayed on my NET10 phone and it is deactivated, can I still use those minutes if I reactivate my NET10 phone?

[A] No, you have 30 days from the day you go past due to add another airtime card and keep your minutes.
    On the tracfone side it's 60 days instead of 30. Odd that it's not the same for both companies.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    "Airtime minutes added to your NET10 do not expire with active service and usage within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months."

The way I understand this phrase is that all minutes now expire 12 months from addition to the phone. How they enforce this is beyond me. The policy before was that as long as you used the phone once a year the minutes stayed good to expiry or as long as you add minutes before the expiry. I hope this phrase is a poorly-worded version of the latter.

Feedback Score
    You've added a third possible interpretation that I consider at least as likely as my second one.

If you're right, they might enact this new policy by taking away minutes whenever they feel like it, and if you complain, demand proof of purchase with dates.

As Lewis Carroll would have said if he had known Kafka, "Kafkaesque-er and Kafkaesque-er."

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    It still says the same thing it always said. It is just worded differently. For someone that did not know what the policy was it might be hard to understand but for those of us that know what they are trying to say it seems quite simple.

Airtime minutes added to your NET10 = any minutes you add to your phone.

do not expire with active service = as long as the service remains active they will not expire.

and usage within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months = just that, usage within a period of 12 consecutive months.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phone
    iPhone 4, LG Vortex
    Feedback Score
    fwiw... I had an LG300 from a refurb bundle that had not been hard reset. It was programmed in Spanish, had a handful of contacts (Luis, Jose, Maria, etc ), and about 10 minutes of calls made. It showed 290 minutes with a service end date 08-2008. I think because the sim was inactive the clock was running in year 2001 so it was showing 2,000+ days remaining. When I activated it I got those 290 minutes in addition to the normal 300 so the phone activated with 590 minutes with 60 days remaining.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Except that the due date is 10/30/09 and not 10/03/09.

I just noticed a change in the online Terms and Conditions, and found this thoroughly confusing phrase:

Does that mean that you have 12 months to add service to an expired phone, or that your phone will "die" if you don't make or receive a call or add more service for 12 consecutive months?

Probably the latter, but who writes this crappy confusing stuff?

Its written by their DEPARTMENT OF CONFUSION AND MISINFORMATION. Trac must feel they are doing an excellent job and worth every penny they pay them.