Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Samsung Intensity Codes and CDMA Drivers

After some searching and experimenting with my new Samsung Intensity, I found quite a few interesting things. Here's a few 'extras':

==================================================

Drivers
    Possibly the hardest thing to find for the Samsung Intensity, is it's CDMA drivers. It took me quite awhile to figure it out, although the solution was fairly simple, but I found the CDMA drivers for the phone, and I'm offering them to YOU.

Download The Samsung Intensity (SCH-U450) CDMA Drivers

Codes/Programming Menus
    Following other guides, I found many of the programming menus, and codes to access them. Not all codes posted in the Samsung Codes thread work on the Intensity, so I've posted the ones (I've tested) that work.

System Info Menu
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000

Has settings for connections and such.

Param Editor
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000>Port Map (2)>*>Enter 0103219211

Includes several settings including the SYSINFO settings, USERPREFS editor, and other hidden settings.

Mobile Browser Menu
    Requires the HIDDEN_MENUS option to be set to 1 (true)!
    Menu>Media Center>#>Enter your lock code (Usually the last 4 digits of your phone number)

This gives you access to your phones internet settings, allowing you to use free internet through a WAP proxy.

Enabling Hidden Menus
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000>Port Map (2)>*>Enter 0103219211>USERPREFS Editor

The first option should be "HIDDEN_MENUS:I". Set this to 1, and press the OK button. Then close the USERPREFS menu by pressing the END key. I don't recommend editing anything else here, it can brick your phone (render it useless as a brick).

View Device Information
    Enter #43574357* just as you would enter a phone number.

Includes simple information about your handset.

Enable/Disable Maltrace Logs
    Enable - 78274283*741
    Disable - 78274283*740

Huh? No idea what this does...

Feel free to post any other codes and unlocks here!
    Phones: Moto W755 (Verizon), Razr V3m (Verizon), Razr V3c (Verizon), Razr V3c (Alltel), Samsung Intensity (Verizon)
    Check out my forums!
    Still looking for mods and hacks for the SCH-U450 (Intensity)!

Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Connect the Intensity To QPST

I couldn't find a specific guide on connecting the Intensity to QPST, so here:

How to view the Samsung Intensity's Filesystem:

1. Make sure you have the CDMA drivers installed.
    2. Download QPST from the usual places.
    3. Turn OFF your phone.
    4. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
    5. Wait for the "Battery Charging" icon to appear.
    6. Open the QPST EFS Explorer
    7. You should see your phone on window that first appears, if you do not, read the guide below.

If you do not see your phone on the list, QPST may not be set up to use the port your phone is located on.

1. Go to your device manager (go to Start>Run> and type devmgmt.msc) and look for "Modem".
    2. Expand the "Modem" section and look for 'Samsung Mobile Modem'.
    3. Right click it, and choose 'Properties', then choose the 'Modem' tab.
    4. The port will be at the top (COM#).
    5. Open 'QPST Configuration' and click 'Add New Port'
    6. In the box labeled 'Port', enter the COM# you found before, then click OK.

If your phone isn't on the port selected, press F5 (Refresh). If it still isn't there, try using the port one higher than the one Windows gave you. Ex. If the phone is reported on COM4, use COM5. Why this works, I'm not sure, but it was what I had to do for mine.

After you finish the steps above, reopen the QPST EFS Explorer, and your phone's filesystem should be visible, but you WILL NOT be able to edit it in any way (except the pictures folder).

Still looking into a way to edit the filesystem and use MP3 ringtones. Damn you Verizon!
    Last edited by iamzero13; 11-09-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Forgot some formatting...

Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Folders/Files:

Anything labeled "Locked" means a 266 error was received when I tried to access it using QPST.

ff/brew/mod/10889 (Locked)
    You are unable to create/download files that are placed in this directory, however, you can create folders. It contains the folders /Music, /my_music, and /ringtones, all still locked. What the folders are for are all self explainitory.

ff/.efs _private (Locked)
    This folder is all together locked and unable to be viewed in any way.

ff/brew/mod/16225 (Locked)

This folder contains (on my phone) a sound that was saved into the "My Sounds" section (in .qcp format), but doesn't contain any of the other sounds.

ff/brew/mod/18067
    Contains yet another sound (in .mp3 format), and a file named MsInfo.db. MsInfo.db contains the file location for both the .mp3 and .qcp sound.

ff/brew/mod/19919 (Locked)
    Has the folder /teaser in it, which seems to contain all of the teasers for the phone's features (eg. VZNavigator, etc.).

ff/brew/mod/4972 (Locked)
    Contains all of the sounds for the Mobile IM application.

ff/brew/mod/brewappmgr
    Only has one file (config.txt). Config.txt has nothing but the information for your phone's BREW version.

ff/brew/mod/dummy
    Empty

ff/brew/mod/mr
    Contains MrInfo.db. MrInfo.db contains the path to the ringtones (located in ff/brew/mod/10889). Editing this file seems to have no effect on the phone.

ff/brew/mod/netfront3
    Contains your browser information and configuration. All of your history and input data is located in /netfront3/netfront3 in the various .dat files.

ff/brew/shared/nf3cache
    Your phone's mobile browser cache and temporary file location.

ff/brew/sys/priv (Locked)
    Only contains one file: prefs.dat. The folder is locked, so it must be of some importance.

ff/clog
    Contains usage logs (by the hour?). When the files are viewed using Notepad, they have something that resembles an IP address in all of them.

ff/fota
    Task information for your phone?

ff/mm/mms
    Contains the last picture that was downsized and sent via Pix Messaging.

ff/msgs/
    Message settings and T9Word information.

ff/nvm/sms_wp_os
    Contains your text messages (What was sent and to what number).

ff/pb
    Your phonebook.

ff/Security/
    Information for Windows to connect to your phone?

ff/sfs (Locked)
    Another plain ol' locked folder.

ff/User
    Seems to contain the copyright/DRM-Protection information for store-bought items.

Phones
    MOTOROLA DROID
    LG VX5200 (old phone)
    LG enV (old phone)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Menu 9-9

To get to the hidden menu when I go to the menu (Just click the menu button) and type 99 on the dialpad nothing happens....any help would be appreciated.
    enV in Green

Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Its Menu>Settings & Tools>Phone Info>Port Map (2)>*>Enter 0103219211>USERPREFS Editor

The 9's just made it shorter.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have an update on where I can get the CDMA driver for the Samsung Intensity? That westwind.exofire.net link is now 404 not found. I just got a Samsung Intensity on Verizon. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by needdriversbad
    Anyone have an update on where I can get the CDMA driver for the Samsung Intensity? That westwind.exofire.net link is now 404 not found. I just got a Samsung Intensity on Verizon. Thanks.
    Try the drivers at http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/Step2...nufacturerID=4 (even if for a different VZW phone).

Phone
    Samsung SCH-u450
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamzero13
    After some searching and experimenting with my new Samsung Intensity, I found quite a few interesting things. Here's a few 'extras':

Drivers
    Possibly the hardest thing to find for the Samsung Intensity, is it's CDMA drivers. It took me quite awhile to figure it out, although the solution was fairly simple, but I found the CDMA drivers for the phone, and I'm offering them to YOU.

Download The Samsung Intensity (SCH-U450) CDMA Drivers

Codes/Programming Menus
    Following other guides, I found many of the programming menus, and codes to access them. Not all codes posted in the Samsung Codes thread work on the Intensity, so I've posted the ones (I've tested) that work.

System Info Menu
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000

Has settings for connections and such.

Param Editor
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000>Port Map (2)>*>Enter 0103219211

Includes several settings including the SYSINFO settings, USERPREFS editor, and other hidden settings.

Mobile Browser Menu
    Requires the HIDDEN_MENUS option to be set to 1 (true)!
    Menu>Media Center>#>Enter your lock code (Usually the last 4 digits of your phone number)

This gives you access to your phones internet settings, allowing you to use free internet through a WAP proxy.

Enabling Hidden Menus
    Menu>9>9>Enter 000000>Port Map (2)>*>Enter 0103219211>USERPREFS Editor

The first option should be "HIDDEN_MENUS:I". Set this to 1, and press the OK button. Then close the USERPREFS menu by pressing the END key. I don't recommend editing anything else here, it can brick your phone (render it useless as a brick).

View Device Information
    Enter #43574357* just as you would enter a phone number.

Includes simple information about your handset.

Enable/Disable Maltrace Logs
    Enable - 78274283*741
    Disable - 78274283*740

Huh? No idea what this does...

Feel free to post any other codes and unlocks here!

Not sure how to do this--have tried it but nothing happens as the last reply near bottom of this forum states. I have pushed menu then 9 (which brings to phone number screen) push 9 again and nothing happens. Please spell it out in Laymans terms. Sorry but all of this high tech phone talk has gotten to me the last week as I have tried getting online with my phone as a modem through my laptop. Got the laptop to reconize the modem finally after a week of trying, but can not get connect using the #777 dial up and phonenumber@alltel.net password: alltel. I get an error # 692. When I dial #777 as if I am making a personal phone call all I get is your number can not be completed as dialed, so does this # 77 still really work?

Feedback Score
    To clear up a few things, To get to the menu where you enter the 000000 code, go to Settings & Tools > Phone Info > and then press the # button. When he says press 9 > 9 > 000000, he's referring to the hot keys given that you have your menu in the GRID layout. However, not everyone uses the same layout, and furthermore, if you ARE using the grid layout, it's 9 > 9 > # > and then 000000.

---
    Aside from that, is the "free internet through a WAP proxy" strictly for use when tethering? or can you use it for free internet on the phone?

Also, when my phone is connected to EFS explorer it shows the incorrect phone number, is this normal?
    Last edited by hedon; 01-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone figured out how to force the phone to Cell Band or PCS only?

Feedback Score
    The download link for the drivers in the OP is dead

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This was used on WinXP with no problems. Unsure if this will work with Vista or 7.

http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/Step3...0_7_0_v1_6.zip

You should get a download window once the page loads.

Extract the Zip file to a folder and run the setup program. After restarting your good to go.

Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Okay, sorry about the down link, I was having some computer issues. I've got a new site now, and I'm offering the drivers there. Sorry about making you register, but I need to keep track of my downloads.

Samsung Intensity CDMA Drivers (.zip, <1MB)

The link will take you to the topic with the download link and in-depth support for hacking. I've also got a guide on putting ringtones on the Intensity using QPST in the same topic.
    Last edited by iamzero13; 04-05-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Posting the link...

Phones
    Motorola W755
    Motorola V3M
    Samsung Intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    -Bump-
    Updated the driver link once more. The newer drivers work with Win XP/Vista/7. I'm offering full support at the link above.

Phone
    RAZR V3m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamzero13 View Post
    -Bump-
    Updated the driver link once more. The newer drivers work with Win XP/Vista/7. I'm offering full support at the link above.
    I just got my u450. I go menu>9>9. I highlight My Number and hit #. I enter 000000 and am in the system info. I do not see how to enable hidden menu's though. Can someone help me please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast