Has anyone had any issues with transferring contact to their DROID I took it to VZW and they tried to transfer them with the PB transfer machine but when you go to contacts and select Import from SD card I get this error message: "Failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason. (Invalid line: "Apt. 1108)" Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I can't even get this phone to connect any other bluetooth devices. It always says "paired but not connected". The Bluetooth on this phone sucks. I ended up transfering my contacts from my old phone(which had great bluetooth option) to my PC then copying them to my SD card. As soon as they were on the SD they were easily imported.
I would assume that the contacts are in a format that the droid is having trouble with. I would try to export them (from whatever you are using, outlook, gmail etc) in a different format. I know that using outlook, you are able to export each contact to a Vcard if that is what the droid is expecting
I just checkexd out the droid manual and it is not that imformative regarding contact import. However it does sem to sync contacts with exchange or gmail. So syncing with one of them would probably be your best bet. If you dont have either, I would create a gmail account. Import my contacts to the gmail account and then sync it with the phone.
With some effort, all your contacts can be synced into the Moto Droid via a CSV file exported from Verizon Backup Assistant to Gmail.
You must already have synced your old phone to Backup Assistant in order for this to work.
1. Log on to VZW and click on "my services"
2. click on "contacts"
3. on the right you will see a link that says "export to CSV"....click on it. This will take all your contacts and put them into an MS Excell spreadsheet.
4. Save the spread sheet as "CSV (comma delimited)" to your desktop....or another location if you want.
5. Log on to your Gmail account.
6. Click on "contacts"
7. Click in "import"
8. Click on "browse"
9. Find the CSV file that you just saved to your desktop.....double click on it.
10. From the drop down menu, select the group "Starred In Android"....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you choose the wrong group, Gmail will store all your phone numbers in a Notes field.....your Droid will also. Then when people call you, your Droid wont tell you whos calling.....and you cant call anyone from your contact list because their number is stored in the wrong field. DUH!
11. Click the "import" button.
Now all of your contacts will be stored in Gmail and your Droid will import all of them to the contacts in your phone.
From now on, you should use Gmail to manage your contacts.
No problems here. Migrated contacts from a Voyager to Outlook via BitPIM. Had to merge those phone numbers with email addresses from a Yahoo address book. Cleaned it all up in Outlook, exported to CSV and imported into gmail which syncs nicely with the Droid.
Originally Posted by CellFreak23
I get this error message: "Failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason. (Invalid line: "Apt. 1108)" Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Seems like you have the exact cause spelled out for you. Have you looked at the contact with "Apt. 1108" stored within the contact's info? Edit the vcard with a text editor and use find/search. Should take a couple of seconds.