Thread: Manual programming after *228 failed

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Nokia 6133
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Post Manual programming after *228 failed

I brought a postpaid Verizon Samsung i910 Omnia to PagePlus. Got a free activation from a great HowardForums dealer. *228 and *22890 failed to program my phone "over the air".

A local dealer helped me to manually program my phone, so I thought I'd share the process here and save someone else the effort.

1) Enter **772 on dial pad. A window opens.
    2) Enter 000000 and press OK
    3) ESN/MEID is shown. Press Enter on keypad
    4) At CDMA directory screen type in your 10 digit phone number, press enter
    5) At MSIN screen, enter your MIN (10 digit) number and press enter. To get this call Pageplus Customer Service and ask for your MIN number. They will only need your phone number to do this.
    6) Then continue to finish... some combination of next, exit, etc... Phone will reset/reboot and programming is complete!

Feedback Score
    Can you do the OTA programming after the manual programming? How about updating the roming list by dialing *22891?

Feedback Score
    Anybody have more success with an initially failed ota by moving to an outside area with possibly better signal reception on another attempt and and then it worked on the follow up try? Heard this might help as a backup in case the very first try fails.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    BB Curve 8330
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carriers
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Thank you FatHiker for posting that. I had this same issue just a week ago and had yet to post it for others.
    Cheers,
    Dan

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    Anybody have more success with an initially failed ota by moving to an outside area with possibly better signal reception on another attempt and and then it worked on the follow up try? Heard this might help as a backup in case the very first try fails.
    As it was a postpaid Verizon phone, it could have been on a roaming partner's tower (which you can use free on postpaid, and the roam indicator won't come on). The OTA programming would not work then. Moving the phone to where its signal is from an actual Verizon tower would change that situation.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Nokia 6133
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have had no success with OTA programming following the manual programming. I've tried from two locations 7 mi apart (home and work).

And a disclaimer that I've recently learned... although the voice and SMS work, data is not working yet. Any helpful tips are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing there are other settings that need to be changed as well for everything to work. I was able to do OTA fine until I changed my number. I did a hard reset to try to fix the problem, but that didn't work. I did however change my Home SID by looking it up online, so now it doesn't show Roaming.

Phones
    Droid X & Htc Evo
    Droid X
    Htc Evo
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FatHiker
    I have had no success with OTA programming following the manual programming. I've tried from two locations 7 mi apart (home and work).

And a disclaimer that I've recently learned... although the voice and SMS work, data is not working yet. Any helpful tips are appreciated.
    I am having the same issue I had my motorola droid on page plus working fine no issues ever.... phone always locked up so went and bought an htc eris droid and phone sms work after manual program but the *228 still wont work and data wont work.......... very frustrating

Feedback Score
    Thanks OP. I also could not do OTA programming on my Omnia the last 2 days. Strangely enough I was able to successfully program the same phone OTA the first time a week ago.

Not sure if it matters but when I called pageplus CS to ask for the MSIN, the CSR also gave me the SID and mentioned I may need it. So I just entered the SID on the screen after step 5. Phone/txt/data are all working now.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Nokia 6133
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Now that OTA is back up and running, all features on my omnia are now working as they should. Looks like the difficulties were associated with a temporary OTA outage. *228 options 1 and 2 both completed successfully. Data works!