Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ACTIVATE MOTOROLA DROID on PAGE PLUS - Direct and manual programing

Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

ACTIVATE MOTOROLA DROID on PAGE PLUS - Direct and manual programing

After my 48 hours crazy experience on activating my droid to page plus - I just would like to share this to everyone. You don't need to thank me - part of this is also compilation from other people post (MASTERS) in this forum. Plus admin willing this can be a sticky - make member easy to activate their droid.

Some people can activate their droid OTA and these are the steps:

NORMAL ACTIVATION OTA (credit Jaysen2)
    Turn Droid off.
    Call PagePlus Add ESN - Activate new ESN or Port (this is the best time, if you want to port your number)
    Check Verizon's Port Checker.
    Wait til it says it's complete.
    Once it's "Complete", Turn Droid on.
    Press Activate - Option 1
    Phone will Activate and viola ?

But my DROID cannot be activated this way I have to do manual programing. But before that if you need to by pass the activation screen this is what you need to do:

BY PASS ACTIVATION SCREEN

At starting screen touch corners of the screen clockwise start from Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right. Do not touch the the DROID icon

MANUAL PROGRAMING
    Call your PP dealer or customer service and say you want to sign up with PP.
    Give your ESN / MEID - remember if you want to port your old number this is the good time.
    Ask them your MIN and phone number(MDN)
    **PP CS, they will ask you to press activate or *22890 or *228 Opt 1 which mine didn't work. If you ask them you want to manual program you DROID phone they CAN NOT/DO NOT want to help. But no problem !!!. Just complete the call and say you will program it by your self (make sure the account is active).

ON your phone
    Pass the activate screen (see above)
    Go to phone mode
    dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) hit Send (CALL BUTTON)
    put in the SPC code which "000000" (six zero) press VERIFY
    Next screen, Go to selection "01 User Activation"
    Replace the MIN number with the MIN number that you get from PP.
    Replace the MDN number with your new PP phone number that you get from PP.
    Exit and your Phone will restart automatically.

And you are ON PP.

I hope this will make people live easier. HAPPY PP everyone. ADVICE - careful on using your DATA 20/50MB will run so fast - use WIFI when ever you can.

Feedback Score
    Under the bypass activation screen step you said to go clockwise around the screen starting from the top left, wouldn't that make the 3rd step to click the bottom right?

Phones
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ONE LAST STEP Do not call *228 or *22890 or anything after your phone reboots. You need to place a call. When you do, you will get a message stating that your passcode has been reset to the last four of your phone number, and to select which language you want your messaging.

For those who may be wondering, I can confirm that I was successfully able to order my phone from Verizon on a two year contract, activate it on Verizon, then port my number to PagePlus. However, if you have not already cancelled your contract, you are going to be out $350 ETF starting today.

Phones
    Droid X & Htc Evo
    Droid X
    Htc Evo
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtor
    ONE LAST STEP Do not call *228 or *22890 or anything after your phone reboots. You need to place a call. When you do, you will get a message stating that your passcode has been reset to the last four of your phone number, and to select which language you want your messaging.

For those who may be wondering, I can confirm that I was successfully able to order my phone from Verizon on a two year contract, activate it on Verizon, then port my number to PagePlus. However, if you have not already cancelled your contract, you are going to be out $350 ETF starting today.
    no if your contract you signed said 175 thats what you pay, the new etf will only affect new customers signing 2 yr contracts

Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncguy
    Under the bypass activation screen step you said to go clockwise around the screen starting from the top left, wouldn't that make the 3rd step to click the bottom right?
    Yes you right sorry -
    TOP left, TOP right, BOTTOM right, BOTTOM left.

Phone
    HTC 8525
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so I have a phone that I bought on contract through best buy. Do I call PP and port my number over 1st, or cancel with Verizon??? And what about the 30 day trial or whatever it's called??

Phones
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong0921
    Ok, so I have a phone that I bought on contract through best buy. Do I call PP and port my number over 1st, or cancel with Verizon??? And what about the 30 day trial or whatever it's called??
    You call or go online with PP and port the number over. If you cancel first, your number will not be available to be used again for quite sometime.

Phones
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacHolley
    no if your contract you signed said 175 thats what you pay, the new etf will only affect new customers signing 2 yr contracts

OOOOH, ok, I got it. I was under the impression that the contract had to be cancelled by the 15th. My mistake. Thank you for clarifying.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If they had changed the ETF from $175 to $350 for existing customers, then a bunch of people could have canceled for free due to the change in terms (it's pretty standard to be able to get out of a contract with no ETF if terms change, but not always successful). Probably why they just did it "day forward".

Phone
    HTC 8525
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    So verizon doesnt give u any hassle if u cancel ur contract before your 30 days are up??

Phones
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong0921
    So verizon doesnt give u any hassle if u cancel ur contract before your 30 days are up??
    I haven't heard anything from them yet. You don't have to contact VZ for anything. When you port your number, it automatically cancels your contract.

Feedback Score

Should I activate with Verizon 1st or not?

I just bought a Droid from verizon.com with the 2 year contract. Since my ETF is only $175, I would like to pay it and use Page Plus from the get go.

I don't want to pay Verizon $70+taxes and $35 for the 1st month of service and activation fee, and would prefer to activate it directly with Page Plus before I activate my phone with Verizon when it comes in the mail tomorrow.

Can I do that? Or is Verizon going 2 make me pay that activation fee and 1st months service no matter what if I cancel and pay the ETF?

Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsoliver
    I just bought a Droid from verizon.com with the 2 year contract. Since my ETF is only $175, I would like to pay it and use Page Plus from the get go.

I don't want to pay Verizon $70+taxes and $35 for the 1st month of service and activation fee, and would prefer to activate it directly with Page Plus before I activate my phone with Verizon when it comes in the mail tomorrow.

Can I do that? Or is Verizon going 2 make me pay that activation fee and 1st months service no matter what if I cancel and pay the ETF?
    Yes you can Activate directly with PP. PM me if you need help

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Moto Q
    Envy 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    can a admin please place this information in the page plus wiki, for easy finding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_troop
    Yes you can Activate directly with PP. PM me if you need help
    You can activate a Motorola Android phone? For how much and what's the process?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast