Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Feedback Score
    Nothing happens when i hit *

Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74 View Post
    I found 3 hidden menu's that I haven't found posted on here so I'll go ahead and let you guys know where they are.

1: OK, Left or Directional Key till you highlight Messages, * This asks for a Lock Code. (No further testing done as to not fubar my phone.).

2: OK, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight Browser Settings, * Enter the last 4 of your phone number or your lock code. This brings up the Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, Proxy address, and Common Settings

3. OK, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight settings, #, then 000000 for the code, and System Info screen is visable. Show the Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, Force Mode, DUN Mode, and Security. (edit: pushing the # in this menu asks for a 10 Digit User Lock Code)

Hopefully this info can help someone, if it's already been posted elsewhere I appologize.

Rob

Feedback Score
    When i hit # it does absolutly nothing,,, its straight talk r451c

Quote Originally Posted by dgraham61077 View Post
    Hello,
    Hopefully I put this in the right spot...

I have tried the instructions for the previous hidden menus on my samsung r451c and they didn't work. After playing with it a few days, I found how to access my hidden menu, not sure if there is different versions or what, but here it is.

I had to go into 9. settings, 5. phone settings, 7. pc connection, and turn it off.

reboot phone.

open slider, hit soft1 key, left over to settings, hit ok, hold function key and #, it will ask for a user lock.

all zeros,

I was able to get qpst to reconize and read the file system on this phone, and also view files in the directory.

Once in the system info menu, if you hit # again, it asks for the 10 digit user lock which is: 8886573982

In this menu you can go to USERPREFS Editor and look for http://TFdevice.home, and change that to a new "homepage" so you wont have to go to tracphones website anymore at web browser startup.

Hope this helps anyone!

Feedback Score
    Seems simple, but nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by rcrhow View Post
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

press the menu botton...highlite settings dont press anything again until upress AND HOLD DOWN the * button. while pressing the * button PRESS OK...do the same with the other menus !!!!!!.thats as simple as i can put it.

Feedback Score
    That time it worked, but now what do i do in the hidden menu's

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy-2009 View Post
    solution for r451c.09

not sure how i figured this out. combination of things i suppose. only been able to find the settings hidden menu.

follow steps carefully, ill do my best to make it very clear:

-turn phone off and back on

(you dont have to open your slide or anything)

-when its back on, hit: MENU 9 5 7

(try to do the following fairly quickly)

-select NO CONNECTION

-hit END until back to your main screen/desktop.

-hit OK

-hit Left Directional ONCE (should be on settings menu)

-hit #

-enter 000000

if you did exactly as ive stated, it should work fine. unfortunatly it seems everytime i want to reenter this hidden menu, i have to restart the phone.

and as other posts have said, from that hidden menu, you can hit # again and it will promt for a 10 digit code. as far as i know they should be posted on the first page of this thread. im heading there now to continue research.

i was at the point of thinking these menus did not exist on the r451.09 fw.

good luck.

Feedback Score

3 way talking

Quote Originally Posted by LizP View Post
    I have tried to to the hack of accessing the hidden menuse on the Straight talk R451c and i got nothing when doning this, i have reset the phone and still nothing, is there another way?

Is there a way to get 3-way calling to work?
    They already have three way talking. it's just a struggle to do it, i did it before can't remember how i did it but i did. i think it was when you call your first number then you delete the numbers you had called then you dial your 2nd number then push send. that's how i did it i think its been a while so i am not sure if thats how i did it. but don't end the call you delete the numbers you just dialed to its blank or its the name you have in your address book.

Feedback Score
    The 10 digit User Code is in the "Hacker's Manual" which is posted elsewhere on the forum, and the 6 digit code good I became that one from bringing essentially.

Feedback Score
    They do not have it, it gives a restriction 5, i have tried everything

Feedback Score

Question samsung R451c

Quote Originally Posted by marshlnutan View Post
    The 10 digit User Code is in the "Hacker's Manual" which is posted elsewhere on the forum, and the 6 digit code good I became that one from bringing essentially.
    I have not found a Manual anywhere i have searched in several locations

Phones
    SCH-R451C ST
    Samsung SCH-R451C ST
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I need help asap! My samsung R451C has not allowed me to access my voicemail for at least one and a half to two months now... I've tried customer services 5 times to no avail and I am ready to smash the phone and go back to my Virgin Mobile! I did not reset anything on my phone. One day, when I tried to access my voicemail box (*86) all I got was a funny tone like the line was disconnected or something. Customer Service assured me each of the five times I tried to speak with someone there, that my problem had been fixed with the keying in of the code they gave me. Surprise!! I'm done with that avenue and I believe other user's are my answer-folks. Anyone who can help me, I'll appreciate you! Thanks

Phone
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Hate it when that happens!

Although it works on my phone, I call my cellphone from my home phone and press # when the message starts to play. Enter your access code and you should be off and running. I think you press and hold the #1 key that dials the default voicemail access number that's stored in your phone. It might work...but if your voicemail works from another phone, you can certainly access it for free (provided it's a local call to your cell number).

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Crissanne View Post
    I need help asap! My samsung R451C has not allowed me to access my voicemail for at least one and a half to two months now... I've tried customer services 5 times to no avail and I am ready to smash the phone and go back to my Virgin Mobile! I did not reset anything on my phone. One day, when I tried to access my voicemail box (*86) all I got was a funny tone like the line was disconnected or something. Customer Service assured me each of the five times I tried to speak with someone there, that my problem had been fixed with the keying in of the code they gave me. Surprise!! I'm done with that avenue and I believe other user's are my answer-folks. Anyone who can help me, I'll appreciate you! Thanks

Phones
    VZW - Sammy I910, U700, U750, U540, Moto Kazor
    VZW Backups - Sammy U900, A990, A930, A870, A670 / Kyocera KX1, KX2
    Carrier
    The Best Verizon - Merits & VIP Customer 10+ Years!!!!!
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if the R451c has this setting (most samsung's do) but it's worth a try.
    Go to Messaging > Settings > Voicemail Number, change it to whatever works. Example if calling your own number takes you to Voicemail enter your number there. Then holding the 1 key should work again.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

Angry stright talk service and tech support

Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74 View Post
    Browser issues with this phone are very common, especiaslly with ported numbers.. Have him give tracfone customer support a call at 1-800-876-5753. I know you said it was ST phone but tracfone will resolve the issue.. ST customer support is a joke. Once up and running the service really is not too bad.

Rob
    I agree 110% that their customer support sucks. I have spent 2-3 hrs. a day for 3 days to get them to swith my number from one straight talk to another, i got same answers each day from sevice reps to supervisors, twice they attached my existing number for a few hrs. then deactivated my new phone and upon each reactivation i kept getting s new number so i finally gave up and now i have anew number after loosing the phone number for 6 years. phone srvice is ok but the customer service truly sucks and the worst service i ever had from a cell phone company.

Phones
    samsung sch r451c messenger
    samsung schr451c
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    u hav to make sure they are all mp3s

Feedback Score
    Try Track Phone Corp. # No long wait and they will fix your issue...1-800-876-5753... ST is owned by Track Phone. Now to my issue...If someone could please help..I can get into all the secret menus on the phone listed here on this site..However I do not know what to change in order to simply enable my phone to be able transfer files VIA Bluetooth. I am not trying to get Java to work (even though that would be nice) just want to be able to transfer files like mp3 and images from the phone to the PC and back. Please if someone knows how to do this please let me know what to change to make it happen..Thanks for the hard work and incite. Jim H.

Feedback Score
    I activated my phone out of the zip code that I listed on the website. Now I can't get service like I did with my previous ST phone. How do I reset and start from the beginning.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast