Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thank you Cliffmaster.. I couldnt agree more.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonevillan
    so i assume everyone know cdma workshop wont or cant talk to this phone. and yes i have the latest version. Or am i missing something. Just wondering is there an actuall users manual for cdma workshop or is it hit an miss with there basic info. would like to change this phone to work on another network? ene ideas

That's not entirely accurate, you can infact read the phone with CDMA Workshop by making a couple simple adjustments.. in the SYSINFO Editor change MALTRACE to 1 and UARTMODE to 3, Then in USERPREFS Editor change PORT_SPEED to 2, CDMA Workshop will now see it and be able to read it.

Rob

Feedback Score
    What do these hacks do
    what hide stuff is there?

Phone
    Merit ZTE
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by myshadoawakes
    What do these hacks do
    what hide stuff is there?
    Apparently this must be some type of BIG secret, because I and a few others have asked this very question with no replies.

Phone
    LG 511C
    Carrier
    Striaght-Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hey Rob, have you been able to get this phone to work with the Samsung PC Studio? They say on their website it works with it, but it wont ever connect using the USB. Is this something straight-talk disabled?

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twcz3
    Hey Rob, have you been able to get this phone to work with the Samsung PC Studio? They say on their website it works with it, but it wont ever connect using the USB. Is this something straight-talk disabled?

I have not been able to connect to the phone using Samsung PC Studio or BitPim, however I have been able to connect to it using CDMA Workshop and Plinksoft EasyCDMA..

As for the other questions reguarding the hidden menu's and uses.. The menu's allow the provider to change various settings in the phones related to service and user functions.. For instance the allowing of or disabling of DUN, NAM programming ect. Any changes should be made with extreme caution as you can render the phone unusable.

Rob

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Through some searching on google I found a program called QPST and also NVEditor which will also allow you to view the phones system files and make changes (extreme caution is advised here).

Rob

Phone
    LG 511C
    Carrier
    Striaght-Talk
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what everyone's goal is, but I really want to get into phone and see how they set their wallpaper and be able to use PC studio. It pretty crappy when the camera doesn't set the image to stretch in standard and landscape mode..and its rather stupid in their agreement it say you can connect the phone to the computer, but as long as you don't tether internet connect you're fine. So why do they turn off its functionality to work with PC studio...ah! See we can know see all the details, anyone think we could convert a google G2 phone. I know it works with wCDMA networks. Using the workshop you could change the phone MEID and configure it to work on the network, seems possible know the configure of this phone. Of course it would suck to brick a G2.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quick update, the 16 digit SP code is: 2007111420080131 Confirmed on 2 phones.

Rob

Phone
    Merit ZTE
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74
    Quick update, the 16 digit SP code is: 2007111420080131 Confirmed on 2 phones.

Rob
    And this is good to know,...why ?

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffmaster
    And this is good to know,...why ?

Because without it you could not change the ESN or MEID not to mention change anything in the efs file.

Rob

Feedback Score
    my brother just got this phone with straight talk i was thinking about it but since he can't use the browser at all i am wondering about it. when ya hit browser button it says to slide it open. k i am not an idiot i slid it open then it says error you are not allowed access. any ideas as to what the problem is and how to fix??

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Browser issues with this phone are very common, especiaslly with ported numbers.. Have him give tracfone customer support a call at 1-800-876-5753. I know you said it was ST phone but tracfone will resolve the issue.. ST customer support is a joke. Once up and running the service really is not too bad.

Rob

Phones
    LG Banter UX265
    UX265
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74
    ST customer support is a joke. Once up and running the service really is not too bad.
    I couldn't agree more, and the browser IS also a joke. I just want to hack the phone enough to get rid of the browser button... maybe move the camera button there and disable the camera button that's there. I don't know if that's possible, but I have a lot of pictures of me putting my phone in my pocket, on the table, on the desk, on the console in the car... inside my pocket. i'm glad I don't shower with the thing!

Phone
    samsung sch-r451c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Browser getting access error fix worked for me

just a little tip if you port a number over to ST take your number XXX-XXX-XXXX

Goto Browser enter lock code as posted above...

Goto Primary DNS

Goto HTTP Username

Now read number post there mine was correct except for last 4 numbers it stayed with the number is was supposed to activate or something. I corrected the last 4 digits. Opened browser to www.google.com and tada magic it finally worked.

PS ST customer service are idiots the lady actually wanted me to stand outside at a payphone in 20 degree weather and snow hahaha

Hope this helps someone i know it did me.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast