Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hey Rob, not sure if you're still around but I tried using this trick with my samsung SCH-R451C and for some reason it didn't work for me, I did a reset of the phone as well, and tried finding the menu in the order you suggested. Is there something that may have changed since the previous posts?

ADD ON: Just to clarify, I do have Straight Talk as my carrier. anyone have suggestions? or possibly I didn't understand the directions properly. If i'm missing something, feel free let me know of any of the details. Thanks!
    Last edited by Xevers; 01-25-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74
    I found 3 hidden menu's that I haven't found posted on here so I'll go ahead and let you guys know where they are.

1: OK, Left or Directional Key till you highlight Messages, * This asks for a Lock Code. (No further testing done as to not fubar my phone.).

2: OK, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight Browser Settings, * Enter the last 4 of your phone number or your lock code. This brings up the Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, Proxy address, and Common Settings

3. OK, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight settings, #, then 000000 for the code, and System Info screen is visable. Show the Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, Force Mode, DUN Mode, and Security. (edit: pushing the # in this menu asks for a 10 Digit User Lock Code)

Hopefully this info can help someone, if it's already been posted elsewhere I appologize.

Rob
    I dont understand,
    You say: OK, Left or Directional Key till you highlight Messages, * This asks for a Lock Code. (No further testing done as to not fubar my phone.).

the only thing i find that ask for a code is (security) in (phone settings). there i s also a (code entry mode) in the prepaid area but not even sure what thats for because it doesnt except my last 4 digits of ph# or the code i use for voice messags.
    Last edited by rssevyn; 01-25-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    i am having the same problem i can not find any secret menu's but my browser is not working yet don't know if that may be the problem i have the sch-r451c st and i can not get any video messages or graphics for my backgrounds to work said message expired or not found i hope they will have the browser up tomorrow

Feedback Score
    i have this phone and unlimited plan.the other day i was at work and opened my browser and there was google,yahoo,and another browser,i was exicited because i couls asscess my youtube account and watch videos and it worked.well today i opened my browser and its the same boring stuff.what happend that it wont open again,did i do something wrong.someone please advise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiphil81
    i have this phone and unlimited plan.the other day i was at work and opened my browser and there was google,yahoo,and another browser,i was exicited because i couls asscess my youtube account and watch videos and it worked.well today i opened my browser and its the same boring stuff.what happend that it wont open again,did i do something wrong.someone please advise.
    Just checked out my browser and there is also some new things on mine ,at the top says powered by tracphone then says :msn mobile, igoogle, yahoo mobile tried to play a video and said phone does not support video at this time so hopefully it will in the future. I here a lot of people posting that they are haveing some problems with there phone, now I on the other hand am haveing good luck with mine compared to what i have been reading, the only complaints I really have is the sound quality really sucks and no real explanation on how some of the features work or what they are for it just tells yu the features that you have. I would really like to find some way to make the ringtones louder than what they are, there have been some missed calls do to the low sound quality of the ringtones. Allthough this phone has a great plan and is not a bad phone they made a few short cuts when designing this phone. Just tried to ceck my mail and get on messanger and it says (HTTP Error: Bad Gatewy) not real sure what this means

Feedback Score
    i just pit a 2gig sd chip in my phone i got at walmart.so i ve loaded many songs from frost wire.so i know it works.the bad is the sound is no where near loud enough and my bose ear buds wont fit into the phone jack.go figure.

Feedback Score
    I have 2g from wallmart $15 but I dont remember the name brand and my son has 4g no problems, I have heard of ppl. useing 8g but the 2g holds 500 songs not counting pics and ringtones more than enough for me, hope this hepls in your decision.

Phones
    VZW - Sammy I910, U700, U750, U540, Moto Kazor
    VZW Backups - Sammy U900, A990, A930, A870, A670 / Kyocera KX1, KX2
    Carrier
    The Best Verizon - Merits & VIP Customer 10+ Years!!!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by housefull
    I was checking to see if anyone knew of known compatibility issues with off brand MircoSD cards for example “Dane-Elec” microSD, I plan on getting a 512mb for $15, or $20 I don’t remember so if anyone knows of issues let me know

I have a Samsung t609(T-Mobile)
    You can get SanDisk (Name Brand) Micro SDHC Card's at Staples, there on sale Jan 31 - Feb 6.
    4GB for $14.99 (Reg. $29.99)
    8GB for $24.99 (Reg. $39.99)
    Don't buy that off brand 512mb for $15 (someone's making a huge profit. ) when you can get a name brand 4GB for the same price.
    I don't recommend the 512mb, you'll regret it later if you want to put a lot of uncompressed mp3's, and pictures on it

Samsung Removable Memory Specifications For The TracFone SCH-R451C

Slot Type: microSD
    Card Type: microSDHC
    Max Storage Size: 8 GB

Here's the complete Specs & How To Info:
    http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...6&AT_ID=200194

BTW I know this is off topic just trying to help.
    Last edited by 2003SD; 01-31-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Phone
    LG 511C
    Carrier
    Striaght-Talk
    Feedback Score
    I dont know where your buying but I got 4Gb for 7 bucks from newegg...:P whos filling the profit bag now?

Quote Originally Posted by 2003SD
    You can get SanDisk (Name Brand) Micro SDHC Card's at Staples, there on sale Jan 31 - Feb 6.
    4GB for $14.99 (Reg. $29.99)
    8GB for $24.99 (Reg. $39.99)
    Don't buy that off brand 512mb for $15 (someone's making a huge profit. ) when you can get a name brand 4GB for the same price.
    I don't recommend the 512mb, you'll regret it later if you want to put a lot of uncompressed mp3's, and pictures on it

Samsung Removable Memory Specifications For The TracFone SCH-R451C

Slot Type: microSD
    Card Type: microSDHC
    Max Storage Size: 8 GB

Here's the complete Specs & How To Info:
    http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...6&AT_ID=200194

BTW I know this is off topic just trying to help.

Feedback Score
    does anyone know of any down able apps for the sound.this phones volume isnt near loud enough.someone told me you could find sound apps for this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiphil81
    does anyone know of any down able apps for the sound.this phones volume isnt near loud enough.someone told me you could find sound apps for this.
    Would like some info on this myself, also the dialing font size is large and cannot get it to change, I select normal and nothing changes and the same thing with my sons phone among other things. It seems like there are a few bugs in this phone or they just arent turned on.

Feedback Score
    Found this and thought it may answer a few questions.

How Do I Format The Storage Card On My TracFone SCH-R451C Phone?

Warning: Formatting a microSD Memory Card erases ALL data currently on the card and creates the neccessary multimedia folders compatible with the TracFone SCH-R451C handset (My_Images, My_Ringtones, My_Music, My_Sounds).

Important: Please note that the minimum size limit for the microSD memory card is 32MB. This phone does support the use of a microSDHC 16GB capacity memory card.

Caution: Repeated formatting of a Memory Card reduces its useful life

To format a Memory Card, using the handset, follow the steps below:

Remove the battery cover
    Insert a microSD memory card into the memory card slot, located on the same side as the volume keys, until it locks in place
    Caution: DO NOT force the card into the memory card slot, as this could damage the card and/or the handset.
    Replace the battery cover
    From the standby screen, press the left soft key for Menu
    Select Settings (9)
    Select Memory Info (6)
    Select Card Memory (3)
    Select Format Card (6)
    Press the left soft key for Yes to confirm formatting the microSD memory card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback Score
    Yeah... I got one of these phones from Wal-Mart and none of the hidden menues are working for me. I did a reset and everything. Where can I find the hackers manual?

Feedback Score
    I understand that r451c does support java but Stalk just does not have the feature turned on but net10 has it activated on the r451c's that they sell...thats a bunch of crap.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if there's a different revision of the R451C out? I cannot access the hidden menus mentioned earlier for the life of me. Tried even after resetting my phone.

Hit Okay. Navigate to 'Messages' using the left arrow. Then hit *? Does absolutely nothing for me.

Or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

PS: Just bought one today.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast