Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Question for anyone on ST that has unlocked the hidden menus, specifically the instant messaging menu on the R45...

Do they even work on ST? They being AIM, MSN, etc. It's the only thing pissing me off atm since I can't access them...if they don't even work maybe It'll stop bugging me, lol.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hello all. I have the st R451C and was wanting to know if there is a way to enable java on this phone? Also would like to know if there is a way to update the version of yahoo im thats on the phone?
    Also seems Robnj74 has left us hangin...

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm also waiting for him to respond. it's getting to be bothersome. The way he explained it was really vague. I'm also on the lookout for other sites that may have the information we're all looking for with java and apps. I'll be sure to post something if I find good information that works. Wish me luck!

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Feedback Score
    I saw in a thread over at mobile-files.com (before it went down) that he had essentially bricked his R451c trying to flash it, so I am not sure if he is even still looking into it or not.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have a feeling there's no actual way for this to work. I called them up though and the straight talk service providers plan at some point to add in additional Services as they go. They are fairly new in some areas so they want to add to promote. It makes sense from a strategic standpoint but it is still annoying that they didn't just come out with the features from the get go. they would be making so much more money that way.

In any case the best i can say for those who want java and apps on their phones is to just wait it out for now. at some point they will be enabled. Straightalk disabled them for a reason, which i hope they will rectify sooner than later.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevers
    I have a feeling there's no actual way for this to work. I called them up though and the straight talk service providers plan at some point to add in additional Services as they go. They are fairly new in some areas so they want to add to promote. It makes sense from a strategic standpoint but it is still annoying that they didn't just come out with the features from the get go. they would be making so much more money that way.

In any case the best i can say for those who want java and apps on their phones is to just wait it out for now. at some point they will be enabled. Straightalk disabled them for a reason, which i hope they will rectify sooner than later.

So it's disabled via the service rather than the phone? Or would we need to upgrade phones when it's available?
    Given that they're the cheapest service per $ out there now, they might choose to make it an "added service" for an extra fee. It might not even be their say so.....assuming that more fully web enabled phones would add a considerable amount to the data stream that ST's customers would use on whatever provider ST is piggy-backing on, (Verizon, in my case) that provider might set limitations on what ST can offer their customers.
    I hope that sentence makes sense.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see. I just ordered the R451c so I hope I wouldn't have to upgrade to a new phone.

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Feedback Score
    Eh well someone said in this very thread that one day they opened their browser and had a different homepage than usual, and they could suddenly watch YouTube videos and do other things you normally can't do with this phone - but then very soon afterwards things went back to normal. So, if that story is true, I would say they have things locked down on the gateway on their end.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    these dont seem to work for me, I just bought the phone yesterday.
    S/W : r451.cj27
    PRL: 59166
    ERI: NONE
    Browser: 6.2.3.8
    H/W: R451.09

Phone
    Samsung Slyde m540
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Any idea if anything like this exists for the m540?

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston
    So it's disabled via the service rather than the phone? Or would we need to upgrade phones when it's available?
    Given that they're the cheapest service per $ out there now, they might choose to make it an "added service" for an extra fee. It might not even be their say so.....assuming that more fully web enabled phones would add a considerable amount to the data stream that ST's customers would use on whatever provider ST is piggy-backing on, (Verizon, in my case) that provider might set limitations on what ST can offer their customers.
    I hope that sentence makes sense.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see. I just ordered the R451c so I hope I wouldn't have to upgrade to a new phone.
    That would be exactly correct. The Carrier themselves have the Services locked, for applications as well as Web browsing issues like watching videos on youtube. this phone in truth is quite capable of doing far more than than Straight talk shows.

did anyone read their license agreement? IT actually says though you have to read all the way through it to find the information, that their term for unlimited isn't actually unlimited at all. it doesnt allow for downloading of applications, Internet tethering, and other things that the phone may be able to do through a different carrier. it's their way of saving money on data to prevent people from using the internet too much.

In actuality, Tracphone has stuff enabled like applications on this very same phone, but their internet browsing is restricted, it's like Straight talk and Trac phone are using opposite features but still gives the same effect, less to do with our phones than normal. You can also use metro pcs with these phones i hear, and they have everything unlocked. I'm considering moving to Metro myself. gives the same prices for both service but also allows me to use everything as well. Currently Metro is piggy backing on Cricket's Towers like Straight talk is using Verizons.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevers
    That would be exactly correct. The Carrier themselves have the Services locked, for applications as well as Web browsing issues like watching videos on youtube. this phone in truth is quite capable of doing far more than than Straight talk shows.

did anyone read their license agreement? IT actually says though you have to read all the way through it to find the information, that their term for unlimited isn't actually unlimited at all. it doesnt allow for downloading of applications, Internet tethering, and other things that the phone may be able to do through a different carrier. it's their way of saving money on data to prevent people from using the internet too much.

In actuality, Tracphone has stuff enabled like applications on this very same phone, but their internet browsing is restricted, it's like Straight talk and Trac phone are using opposite features but still gives the same effect, less to do with our phones than normal. You can also use metro pcs with these phones i hear, and they have everything unlocked. I'm considering moving to Metro myself. gives the same prices for both service but also allows me to use everything as well. Currently Metro is piggy backing on Cricket's Towers like Straight talk is using Verizons.
    Thanks for the info. You're right, I didn't read the license agreement. :-)
    Metro pcs is not in my area (29412) but it looks like their coverage is less complete overall compared to what ST has on the verizon network. For me, this is a phone first and foremost and coverage is one of the top priorities.

It'd be nice if St unlocks more advanced features on their network but until then it's still the best deal and I still have more features than I did with Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me where i can download drivers so i can connect my ST r451c to my computer??

Feedback Score
    find download and install samsung new PC studio, once istalled open, hook up phone via usb cable and that should do it for you, it should install drivers itself.

Feedback Score
    PC Studio does not let me browse my phones memory is there any program that will??

Feedback Score
    after you have your drivers pc studio will not help you any more for this phone, now when you hook your phone up via usb, windows should allow you to open the phone in a regular folder, I dont know what windows you have but I have vista and it opens automatically, hope this helps.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast