Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Questions for R451c owners

I'm getting to know this phone but there's some things I can't figure out that I'm hoping to get help with....

1--Last night I was wanting to unlock the keypad to make a call. It was dark, I was driving and I knew the keypad was locked but when I pressed any of the buttons the display would light up (telling me the keypad is locked) but the keyboard wouldn't light up. How am I supposed to find the menu and * keys to unlock the keypad when I can't get the keypad to light up?
    This AM I learned I can unlock the keypad by opening and closing the phone but that seems like an odd solution. Am I missing something?

2--I have pics on my phone that I'd like to get on my pc. I've ordered a micro sd card but it's not here yet. I do have a usb cable but win xp doesn't recognize/have drivers for the R451c and I can't find anything on the Samsung site. Can I not access the phone's native storage via usb?

3--I'm also waiting for a bluetooth device for my pc. In the meantime, can I send the pics on my phone to myself via email? I find ways to send via text msg but can I send to my pc?

4--Are any of the phone's buttons customizable? When the phone is closed the "browser" button (tells you to open slide...duh) seems pretty useless and ditto for the "OK" button which takes me to info I'm rarely likely to need. This seems like an incredible waste of two very prominent buttons. On my ancient Sanyo phone, buttons were customizable but I haven't found any options for this yet on this phone.

5--Can I make the background display simply a solid color? I think it would be easier to read the icons, etc if it were simply a solid background. I really don't spend much time admiring the mountain scenery pic. I tried taking a pic of something black and making that my background but of course then I get the white borders that are mentioned in other posts about changing backgrounds.
    Isn't it odd that Samsung doesn't include a solid background option?

Thanks for help with these maybe minor issues,
    John

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Feedback Score
    You can easily send pictures from your phone to your email (or anyone's email). Just send a pic message and put in your email address, attach whatever pic you want to send.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OtterVomit
    You can easily send pictures from your phone to your email (or anyone's email). Just send a pic message and put in your email address, attach whatever pic you want to send.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm trying to get ringtones from my computer to my phone. I have a micro sd but I can't seem to change it from read only. I've tried many methods involving tape that were highlighted on the net but none of them worked.

I tried sending myself an email with ringtone attached and then opened that email via phone but I can't find anyway to download that attachment into my phone. Do you know how to do that?

Usb cable doesn't seem to work and I'm still waiting for my bluetooth dongle to enable my pc. I tried enabling DUN as per other posts but could not get the hidden menus to appear.

It's a frustrating phone so far.

Feedback Score

R451C Hidden menu

Hello,
    Hopefully I put this in the right spot...

I have tried the instructions for the previous hidden menus on my samsung r451c and they didn't work. After playing with it a few days, I found how to access my hidden menu, not sure if there is different versions or what, but here it is.

I had to go into 9. settings, 5. phone settings, 7. pc connection, and turn it off.

reboot phone.

open slider, hit soft1 key, left over to settings, hit ok, hold function key and #, it will ask for a user lock.

all zeros,

I was able to get qpst to reconize and read the file system on this phone, and also view files in the directory.

Once in the system info menu, if you hit # again, it asks for the 10 digit user lock which is: 8886573982

In this menu you can go to USERPREFS Editor and look for http://TFdevice.home, and change that to a new "homepage" so you wont have to go to tracphones website anymore at web browser startup.

Hope this helps anyone!

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just tried your method without any success.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Neither the original method or the suggested alternative work on my phone... bummer.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Can someone who is able to access these menus post their phone's specs from Settings > Phone Info ?

It seems that some of us have a newer version of this phone... and perhaps newer firmware.

Feedback Score

ringtones

have you tried m.zedge.net.thats where i get my ring tones for my phone.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    My phone cannot access the menus.

-S/W: R451.CJ27
    -H/W: R451.09

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziclipse
    My phone cannot access the menus.

-S/W: R451.CJ27
    -H/W: R451.09
    I have the same stats and also cannot access the menus.
    I bought my phone from Walmart.com on 2/22/10. It has the tracphone insignia above the OK button which I gather is a newer model/version.

Feedback Score
    I have this phone with ST service and the first unlock doesn't work for me. I reset my phone. Pressed ok to goto prepaid then pressed left directional arrow to get to messages then pressed * and nothing happens

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did exactly as you said and nothing did anything! Other than what it was suppose to normally do!

Feedback Score

Straight Talk Home URL

So I changed my ST Samsung SCH-R451C home URL and didn't make note of the ST original. Now I'm getting an error message (Error: Cannot resolve hostname) when accessing the browser. Anyone know the original home URL? Thanks.

Feedback Score

Blocking Internet?

Is there any way to block the internet using these codes? ST says not possible, but there HAS to be a way!

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphman
    So I changed my ST Samsung SCH-R451C home URL and didn't make note of the ST original. Now I'm getting an error message (Error: Cannot resolve hostname) when accessing the browser. Anyone know the original home URL? Thanks.
    its either ur phone# or tfdevice.com
    Last edited by howard; 05-10-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast