Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Hidden Menu's (Straight Talk Phone)

Feedback Score
    Thank you both but I had previously done all that was suggested, which is why I was asking if maybe it was the brand of card. I know how to format it in the phone (notice I had said put it Back in the phone, not put it in the phone for the 1st time), and the trick above was also known and had not worked. I had followed directions on both the sites for the phone itself and the sd card and it still doesn't work. Has anyone used this particular brand of card? Thanks

Feedback Score

What's the PRL?

Quote Originally Posted by rcrhow
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

this is my r451c...... S/W r451.CH12 PRL 59182 ERI none BROWSER 6.2.3.8. H/W R451.08 and 1other thing i think is important mine has samsung logo.!!
    All of my settings match yours except the PRL # is different. Mine's 59166. I still need to call customer support. Thanks rcrhow.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

PC Studio - Straight Talk Dilema

I have started a petition to get Straight Talk's attention via their Facebook page. If you'd like to sign up to have them change the firmware or add it, please check it out by clicking this Link:

Straight Talk Discussion Board

We should be able to use this freeware just like everyone else!

Feedback Score
    I have the r810c Samsung Finesse from ST. Does anyone know the 6 digit lock code for it? I have tried 000000 , 451667 (the 6 digit number for the R451C), and the calculated one (like on the r810 from Metroc PCS).

I have tried connecting to the phone via USB and QPST, but it always says not phone no matter the usb driver or com port I use.

Feedback Score
    Ugh. Someone please help.

I have tried the resetting phone, turning off PC connection method, etc... anything I can find or think of. Can anyone tell me how to get to my hidden menus on my Samsung R451C please? Ugh im so pissed at ST for locking it down so tight. It's my phone, damn it! Lemme use it...

Phone Info gives:
    SW: R451.CJ27
    PRL: 59182
    ERI: None
    Browser: 6.2.3.8
    HW: R451.09

Off topic-- Does ANYONE have a solution for that infernal fade-in ringtone "feature"? I miss half my ******* calls because I can't hear the first 10 seconds of the ringtone.

Feedback Score
    does anyone know if it is possible to use another type of samsung phone or lg phone while on the straight talk plan because i have the samsung moment and i really want to use with ST but idk if i can.....i also have the SCH-R451C and i tried to locate the hidden menus even after resetting and i couldnt get them to work...

Feedback Score
    solution for r451c.09

not sure how i figured this out. combination of things i suppose. only been able to find the settings hidden menu.

follow steps carefully, ill do my best to make it very clear:

-turn phone off and back on

(you dont have to open your slide or anything)

-when its back on, hit: MENU 9 5 7

(try to do the following fairly quickly)

-select NO CONNECTION

-hit END until back to your main screen/desktop.

-hit OK

-hit Left Directional ONCE (should be on settings menu)

-hit #

-enter 000000

if you did exactly as ive stated, it should work fine. unfortunatly it seems everytime i want to reenter this hidden menu, i have to restart the phone.

and as other posts have said, from that hidden menu, you can hit # again and it will promt for a 10 digit code. as far as i know they should be posted on the first page of this thread. im heading there now to continue research.

i was at the point of thinking these menus did not exist on the r451.09 fw.

good luck.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Confirmed. Awesome!

Let us know if you figure out how to access the other secret menus too, please. =)
    Last edited by Ziclipse; 07-06-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Feedback Score
    Yep! Confirmed! Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    My phone doesnt let me do any of this... if i reset my phone will i lose everything on it? And what are the benefits of opening these menu's?

Feedback Score
    I miss alot of my calls too.. I hate the fade-in....

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone besides Rob been able to get CDMA Workshop or any other to successfully read the R451C? I've been messing with it since Snoopy revealed the hidden menus. I've got the USB drivers installed and everything. Even tried forcing the phone into DM mode with UniCDMA...again, without any luck.

Of course I changed MALTRACE, UARTMODE and DATA_PORT_SPEED as Rob suggesting, but it just isn't working. I wonder if the new .09 fm is preventing this..?

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    LOL. After messing with some stuff, I just broke one of my phones. Now it just hangs on the Tracfone image and turns off, hehe. The phone I messed with was defective so not much of a loss, but damn... Wasn't expecting to break it so soon. I guessing if you mess up in the params that's it, no resetting it, right?

Must be more careful with my main phone.~

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziclipse View Post
    LOL. After messing with some stuff, I just broke one of my phones. Now it just hangs on the Tracfone image and turns off, hehe. The phone I messed with was defective so not much of a loss, but damn... Wasn't expecting to break it so soon. I guessing if you mess up in the params that's it, no resetting it, right?

I made sure to back up my main files in my phone, and when I was on a trip to mexico, my r451 hung on the blue tracphone screen too. I just overwrote the param file and it still works fine.
    Last edited by XFF; 07-14-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast