Thread: cant connect to Virgin Mobile

Feedback Score

cant connect to Virgin Mobile

Bought a broadband 2 go USB device at best buy pluged it to my lattop but every time I try to connect to Virgin Mobile I get Error must use cookies ....but my computer is set to accept all cookies .I tried shutting all my security features off but still cant connect. I then tried uninstalling program and drivers and reinstalling them with no luck. Tried calling Virgin Mobile up but they dont answer phone . Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Still getting same same Error must use cookies.this is a new laptop im using perhaps doing something wrong? Its a model-asus ul30a-x5...runs windows 7 browser internet explorer 8 . Don't understand why can't connect to virgin moble . Maybe just defective broadband device?

Feedback Score
    update.......after 5 days Virgin mobile finally answered my email . Now get this ...they told me internet explorer browser dont work on their website? wTF!.....Internet explorer is the most common used browser in the world and it cant be used on their website? what kind of BS is that then they tell me not to worry they will be updateing there website soon. When is soon? They didnt tell me in the email.im out over hundred bucks and still can not connect. Must use Wifi. If they had this information on the box this came in i would never have bought this.So if you have internet explorere dont get this.

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    what browser did they recommend you use in the e-mail? did the stick come with a cd or link for their recommended browser?

Feedback Score
    In the email they said best to use Firefox browser but what good would that do me ? Can't download that if can't connect to network.No cd or lings came with the device. Just instructions on the black box. ......has anyone here tried to connect to virgin mobile using internet explorer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedice5
    In the email they said best to use Firefox browser but what good would that do me ? Can't download that if can't connect to network.No cd or lings came with the device. Just instructions on the black box. ......has anyone here tried to connect to virgin mobile usincg internet explorer?
    I gave up on virgin mobile now use verizon . They only give you 500 MBs for $50.00 on prepaid so downloaded Opera 10 with Turbo that compresses data in the same manner that Opera Mini compresses data on phones use 30 percent less data compaired to firefox

Phone
    Dunno... changes every week.
    Feedback Score
    I gave up on virgin mobile now use verizon . They only give you 500 MBs for $50.00 on prepaid so downloaded Opera 10 with Turbo that compresses data in the same manner that Opera Mini compresses data on phones use 30 percent less data compaired to firefox
    Well I wish I had read this sooner as this probably doesn't do you much good unless you can return the Verizon device. Check out www.thedatajack.com they run on T-Mobiles 3G network but for $39.99 (modem is $149) you get what they say is truely unlimited data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreBSD
    Well I wish I had read this sooner as this probably doesn't do you much good unless you can return the Verizon device. Check out www.thedatajack.com they run on T-Mobiles 3G network but for $39.99 (modem is $149) you get what they say is truely unlimited data.
    Wow....this is what I been looking for. Thanks for telling me about it.yeea I wish I knew about this before but will still get this its worth it in cost in the long run. Have you got this? And if so does it work ok?...their coverage map says the 3G has 75 percent coverage in my area.according to my zip code.don't know much about this company or they on the up&up.

Phone
    Dunno... changes every week.
    Feedback Score
    Wow....this is what I been looking for. Thanks for telling me about it.yeea I wish I knew about this before but will still get this its worth it in cost in the long run. Have you got this? And if so does it work ok?...their coverage map says the 3G has 75 percent coverage in my area.according to my zip code.don't know much about this company or they on the up&up.
    I've ordered the modem, haven't recieved it yet. It's just an "Option iCon 452" from T-Mobile if you're wondering.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...66&postcount=2 is someone who has the service and pictures of the device.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=15 is another user, has shots showing that it's just T-Mobile's network.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=64 that person emailed them to confirm that it's true unlimited data.

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AndreBSD
    I've ordered the modem, haven't recieved it yet. It's just an "Option iCon 452" from T-Mobile if you're wondering.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...66&postcount=2 is someone who has the service and pictures of the device.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=15 is another user, has shots showing that it's just T-Mobile's network.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=64 that person emailed them to confirm that it's true unlimited data.
    thanks andrebsd will order today hope their legit. And dont data JACkUP
    Their prices.