Thread: Straight Talk LG 290c Ringtones

Phones
    straight talk samsung r451c
    straight talk lg 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk LG 290c Ringtones

Does anyone know if the LG 290C from straight talk will allow me to upload and mp3 clip and use it as a ring tone. (bluetooth or email or otherwise)

I know the space is limited (like 20mb) which is fine, but I don't want to be in the same place as my Net10 Moto. They will allow you to buy a "realtone" via the website, but won't allow an uploaded file to be used as a ringtone.

I know the Samsung they offer will, but I'm looking at the 290c as a cheaper option for my daughter.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had the LG290 and tried everything to get an mp3 to work but nothing I tried did. I tried downloading some from mobile9 onto the phone and got a message saying the phone didn't recognize that file type. Tried sending via bluetooth and MMS to no avail. I finally returned the phone for the Samsung. I liked the LG a lot but in the end couldn't live without expandable memory and my mp3's. Now I can use full songs for my ringtones, not to mention being able to get my pics off the phone at their true size without using MMS.

Hope that helps some and your daughter gets a phone she's happy with.

Phones
    straight talk lg 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the info, tuff looks like she gets my samsung when the touch screen sam comes out.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I have the tracfone version of the 290c. I had no trouble sending a very short MP3 clip (29 seconds and about 400k) to the phone and using it as a ringtone. I emailed it to ##########@mypixmessages.com

Phones
    LG290C
    Nokia 2126i (until dog ate it)
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was able to send mp3s to my 290c using ForkLift on the Mac or BlueSoliel on Windows.

Phones
    LG290C
    Nokia 2126i (until dog ate it)
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Phones
    straight talk lg 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Yes

took the chance and bought it. the phone allowed me to email mp3 and use as ringtones. thanks for the help everyone

Feedback Score
    im having same prob. i don't have access for Bluetooth on the PC im using so thats not much of a option currently. ive tryed emailing it to my self at xxxxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com and it just tells me its removed from the text. myxertones says file not supported, and ventones however lets me play it. but will not save it and give me the error messege "Error: Cannot save object size exceeds max cache configured" no matter if its 250k or 400k. this is a new phone so i know i have space.

help?

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flipout
    im having same prob. i don't have access for Bluetooth on the PC im using so thats not much of a option currently. ive tryed emailing it to my self at xxxxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com and it just tells me its removed from the text. myxertones says file not supported, and ventones however lets me play it. but will not save it and give me the error messege "Error: Cannot save object size exceeds max cache configured" no matter if its 250k or 400k. this is a new phone so i know i have space.

help?
    As the addy indicates: it's for TEXT only.

5555555555@mypixmessages.com for pix and/or sound

Feedback Score
    sweet. thanks. that worked. did not know there where dif emails for dif reasons.

thanks again

Feedback Score

Transfering Files to Straight Talk LG 290C

Another way to do it for free is to email them to your own web based email account, then check your email with the phone. It will give you the option to save/open the attachment.

I've helped a friend who isn't very tech savy do this. It's very easy, because you're just checking you web based email, (in this case it was Yahoo).