Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Other Verizon mvno alternatives to Page Plus, including unlimited plans

Feedback Score

Other Verizon mvno alternatives to Page Plus, including unlimited plans

Saw that poll over on PPC side. Went digging through looking for other Verizon mvnos. Quite a few . Here are some that allow Verizon phones and maybe other Verizon mvno devices.

Pay Go: Mingo Wireless (appears to have good cs). Air Voice Cdma (long established player). Locus H2O Cdma (not to be confused with Locus H2O Wireless unlimited gsm. Like Air Voice a long established player. Good international plans.) Shout/Lucky. (Shout supposedly has full postpaid Verizon coverage, but their website has not been updated since 2008 before the Alltel merger was complete).

Unlimited: Talkaway.net. (mvno within an mvno. Started off as a Page Plus agent and went off on their own to offshoot from them. Near identical prices and plans.) Eclipse Mobile. (Controversial mvno , at least here on Hofo. Looks to be repackaging and selling Page Plus type plans at a higher markup).
    Sun Mobile. (An unlimited Verizon mvno out in Florida. Apparently, they have an unlimited Verizon data option as part of a 79.99 plan. Could not access plan information on their website to confirm. Kept erroring out.).

Big , small, good, bad, known , unknown.

Like I said, all of them offer the ability to put Verizon handsets on their systems.
    Last edited by Big Blue 023; 11-19-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    Nice info
    H20 seem high.

Can you post the link to sun mobile, if howard forums won't let you, PM the link. I can't find it on google.

Feedback Score
    I checked out Sun Mobile but their website page on plans does not display anything. All I know is they have an unlimited talk/text/50 meg plan for 49.99 and an 1100 minute plan similar to 1200 PPC Tnt for 39.99. Looks like they are getting either a lesser deal then PPC, getting the same deal but marking it up more or maybe anther way.

They are charging $35 activation fee for byod, but whatever, our local regional does the same thing.

They have no info regarding dealers though. Website looks allright and they have an okay if somewhat overpriced selection of phones.

Unlimited Blackberry BES on Verizon mvno? That is something I would like to see confirmed.

Anyway, it is good to see other Verizon mvno unlimiteds out there besides Page Plus even if rates/plans/services offered are different.

Feedback Score
    Sun is supposed to have a Simply unlimited plan with unlimited Verizon data (I presume) for 79.99 but no go on the website...Supposedly launching a new gsm unlimited plan.

Sun is brand spanking new. They went live just this October. Expect growth if they do things right. The first thing they should do is cut some prices...lol.

Feedback Score
    I would love to have cheaper BES than what Verizon charges. When looking at other MVNO's i saw this site: http://blue-crown.com/

Is it even legit? They go by Payless Cellular

Feedback Score
    They look more like an mvno service provider support services company then an mvno themselves.

Wonder if ALL of the unlimited Verizon mvnos are feeding off of Page Plus like Talkaway is. The 50 meg web pack on the unlimited talk/text plan on Sun Mobile makes me have some doubt, but for all these new young mvnos coming out of nowhere and getting some okay to terrific unlimited deals, makes me wonder...

They are all spanking new. Talkaway launch date was August. Sun Mobile website went live just last month, Eclipse...well, we all have to wait and see what they are really up to...

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    PayLess goes through an MVNE, Telspace so they are actually selling through another reseller making anyone that buys from them the fourth link in the chain including the the carrier.

They (Payless) are famous for having a 4 or 5 day outage a few years ago I believe because they were behind on their bill so all their customers lost service and couldn't do anything about it.

Telspace is probably behind a lot of these Verizon resale deals that retailers are private labeling although many of them could be further down the supply line than that hence the activation fee which may be all they get in some cases plus a small residual. You can tell who these are because the web sites will always link to pages that look very similar to others selling the same exact products. The web sites are like signatures.

Feedback Score
    Hey Offthegrid, how reliable is Telespace? Have they ever had problems like Payless? Service outage from not paying the bills?

And how many mvnos do you know that go through them?

Payless, lol. They should stay in the shoe business (yeah, I know, no relation but name).

Feedback Score
    I thought MVNO's had to pay the bill before they get the service?

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    And when they can't pay the service gets cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I thought MVNO's had to pay the bill before they get the service?

Feedback Score
    The new Buzzirk thing MIGHT qualify as a Verizon mvno. But we will see if it is not going to just be another crash and burn scam.

I think Shout/Lucky Wireless might be out of commission as repeated calls to both brands result in failed calls at the end of the IVR or simply am sent to another business which has nothing to do with them. I am tentatively taking them off the list. I did see at least one Hofo using Lucky before, but have no idea if it was the Sprint version (Lucky Aces) or an old post.

Anybody know of or use any other Verizon mvnos (especially if they allow Verizon phones), please feel free to list. Thanks!

Feedback Score

Anybody actually switch to another Verizon mvno from Page Plus or Verizon prepaid?

If so, when did you switch, who to and why?
    And how do you like the newer mvno ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023
    If so, when did you switch, who to and why?
    And how do you like the newer mvno ?

anybody actually switch to another Verizon mvno from Page Plus or Verizon prepaid?

Yes but not because of issues with pageplus. I was planning to anyways. Mainly for cost.

I picked the $20 plan for 120 days. The bonus amount covers the $1.00 monthly fee. 3x $20 = $60 a year and you get a total of 750 minutes. I may eventually get the $50 card.

Using Pageplus,
    monthly fee. 3x $25 = $75 a year and you get a total of 900 minutes.

You may get more minutes but it cost you $15.00

Not to nit pick, shouldn't you started a new thread for that question?

Feedback Score

anybody actually switch to another Verizon mvno from Page Plus or Verizon prepaid?

Y

Not to nit pick, shouldn't you started a new thread for that question?
    Not really considering I am the OP of this thread anyway. I see this new question as being a relevant subset of the main reason this thread was created: Verizon mvnos other then Page Plus. Verizon prepaid was thrown in as an after thought

I see other threads getting WAAAY off course of the main topic and not at the OP's choice. I originated this thread and find this question related, AND it is my choice to introduce this new twist. No need for another thread to create further clutter on a related subject if not needed.

And not to nitpick, but it is nitpicking.

If any other Hofos have moved from Page Plus to other mvnos , please list where to, why and how it's going . Thanks!

And of course, if you know of any other new /old /unknown Verizon mvnos besides Page Plus, please list them and your opinion on it .

Phones
    Moto Q9M, C290
    Blackberry 8330, 8830, Pearl
    LG Lotus, Samsung Hue
    Carriers
    Pageplus
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score

Yes but not because of issues with pageplus. I was planning to anyways. Mainly for cost.

I picked the $20 plan for 120 days. The bonus amount covers the $1.00 monthly fee. 3x $20 = $60 a year and you get a total of 750 minutes. I may eventually get the $50 card.

Using Pageplus,
    monthly fee. 3x $25 = $75 a year and you get a total of 900 minutes.

You may get more minutes but it cost you $15.00
    Care to SHARE who you went with?
    -----------------------------------------------
    As always, these comments are IMHO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast