Thread: Kajeet Plans

Feedback Score

Kajeet Plans

This is the latest offering from Kajeet ( www.kajeet.com - MVNO using Sprint network) . Their plans might not seem impressive compared to many others at this point but might still be attractive it to certain people due the unique OLAM call details / parental controls and GPS option .

http://blog.kajeet.com/2009/11/16/new-plans/#comments

http://blog.kajeet.com/2009/11/13/ka...m_content=Tile
    Last edited by bamx2; 11-22-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If they would get rid of their daily fee for paygo, it would be more attractive. You have to pay $5/month to stop these charges.

Phones
    LG Optimus S
    LG Optimus S
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier
    MetroPCS Family 4/$100 woohoo!
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what paygo is, but I do not have to pay a daily access charge. For my son I have the 60 minutes with unlimited texting for $14.99 total a month , no daily access charge. It is awesome - and I love the parental control features - I turn his phone off from 11pm - 6am during the week (there is a whole schedule that you can plot out), or else he and his girlfriend would be texting 24 hrs a day, no joke - he averages about 250 texts a day! Also, you actually can look at the activity log, and it will tell you the time, phone # and whether it was an incoming or outgoing message - it is awesome to keep track of what you kids are up to. I say parents need all the help they can get.
    .. If anyone ever finds a better deal let me know, but the parental controls are with staying with Kajeet too, I think.
    Ooooh, also - I just started him out with the cheapest little phone, but for Christmas, I was thinking about the upgrade to the Sanyo with the qwerty - I am tempted because amazon has it for only $99 now. Yep, I think I will - it's 33% off.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The controls on this service make it unique. Really even as an adult service the controls are unique as far as I know although I believe TMobile and AT&T have a fee based control for family plans.. The same things are possible using Google Voice as far as blocking numbers but this goes further than that with time of day and a second number isn't needed (which wouldn't work with a parent child situation either). I had trouble blocking numbers with Grand Central and really haven't tried that with GV yet.

I've called their customer service with questions twice and always get a quick answer from a well informed easy to understand person. A plus imo.

Pretty sure their unlimited text plus 60 minutes at $15 a month is the lowest price out there. It sounds as though all their plans come with unlimited Google Maps access and two other websites also but a user here who tried this said they had trouble getting Google maps on their phone. I'd be curious if its the latest version of google maps since that would allow for some tracking through latitude rather than their $10 gps locator.

Quote Originally Posted by justamom2
    I'm not sure what paygo is, but I do not have to pay a daily access charge. For my son I have the 60 minutes with unlimited texting for $14.99 total a month , no daily access charge. It is awesome - and I love the parental control features - I turn his phone off from 11pm - 6am during the week (there is a whole schedule that you can plot out), or else he and his girlfriend would be texting 24 hrs a day, no joke - he averages about 250 texts a day! Also, you actually can look at the activity log, and it will tell you the time, phone # and whether it was an incoming or outgoing message - it is awesome to keep track of what you kids are up to. I say parents need all the help they can get.
    .. If anyone ever finds a better deal let me know, but the parental controls are with staying with Kajeet too, I think.
    Ooooh, also - I just started him out with the cheapest little phone, but for Christmas, I was thinking about the upgrade to the Sanyo with the qwerty - I am tempted because amazon has it for only $99 now. Yep, I think I will - it's 33% off.

Feedback Score
    It would be nice to see them offering the LG Rumor2 at the same price Virgin Mobile USA does (vs $199) . Also their $.25/ MMS message seems excessive these days .

Feedback Score
    FWIW -Amazon has just raised the price on the SPC-2700 to $119 and Kajeet is now offering "sale" on the LG Rumor2 for $189 (still pricey) . Refurbished GLRumor1 are $129 .

"Ooooh, also - I just started him out with the cheapest little phone, but for Christmas, I was thinking about the upgrade to the Sanyo with the qwerty - I am tempted because amazon has it for only $99 now. Yep, I think I will - it's 33% off. "

Feedback Score
    some-new Kajeet plans targeted for adults . Still no unlimited web or picyure message but at least they a look at marked that goes beyond kids/teens -

kajeet for Parents?

Posted: 08 Dec 2009 12:38 PM PST

by Carol Politi

We hear all the time from parents interested in getting service from kajeet for themselves. They have kajeet for their kids, like the phones, want a service without a contract, and would like to manage multiple lines from a single account. Many adults also like our controls – they want to block certain numbers and stop the phone from waking them up at night!

The challenge is that our plans are heavy on texting and light on talk. For good reason! Kids tend to text far more than they talk.

Well, we are running a test to see if all these parent inquiries really represent interest. Here are the plans we are testing:

* 500 anytime minutes and 100 text messages for $19.99
    * 1,000 anytime minutes and 100 text messages for $29.99
    * Unlimited talk and text for $50.00.

All of this with a high quality nationwide digital network that delivers some of the best coverage around. This test is going to run through January 26th, 2010.

Existing kajeet customers can take advantage of these plans by calling kajeet customer care at 1-866-452-5338. You do not need to purchase a new handset to take advantage of these plans.

New customers can purchase any kajeet phone through customer care and ask the care agent to put you on one of these plans. Customers that want to purchase a new phone can do so through our care sales team at 1-888-525-3383.

Are these plans of interest to you? We would welcome your feedback!

Phones
    LG Optimus S
    LG Optimus S
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier
    MetroPCS Family 4/$100 woohoo!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2
    It would be nice to see them offering the LG Rumor2 at the same price Virgin Mobile USA does (vs $199) . Also their $.25/ MMS message seems excessive these days .
    I ended up getting the Rumor 2 for $139.99 on cyber monday. Somehow I came across the info on how to get an extra 15% off the 15% off sale they were having. Still expensive for that phone, but what the heck - it's an XMas gift.

Anyone looking to buy a Kajeet phone - google "craigslist Kajeet" and you will probably find how to get the discount somewhere on there yourselves. Or use Amazon, they have some decent deals, especially the phones that are bundled with the 1 year GPS locating service.

also, I don't know about their new plans geared towards adults- there's so many better deals out there, except maybe the 19.99 plan for occasional users, other than that why not go with Boost or PagePlus where you don't have to buy such expensive phones?

Feedback Score
    Mom Sales Team members are the ones that offer the 15% off deal. The extra 15% off (30% total)was a Black Friday through Cyber Monday deal. Anyone can get the 15% off anytime by following the link to my webpage at http://www.kajeet.com/michele - go to the "learn more" button to see plans and phones. If you order before December 23rd you can also get free shipping.

Feedback Score
    An LG Rumor2 normally priced at something like $119.99 with free shipping or $199 bundled with a free year GPS would more reasonable . Again, they need to offer more competitive pricing on services in addition their unlimited text plan to reach a broader market .
    Last edited by bamx2; 12-13-2009 at 07:02 AM.