Thread: iWireless/Kroger will have the Sanyo 2700

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 635 :: LG Optimus F3 :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 635 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 :: Fierce 2 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score

iWireless/Kroger will have the Sanyo 2700

On sale for $49.99 and the ad says it's 'stuffed with 500 minutes free' with your Kroger card.
    It's available in pink or blue.
    Ad starts November 23 through November 29.

Feedback Score
    I seen that so called special before. Don't they use sprint or t-mobile?

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Is this the same iwireless?

http://www.iwireless.com/plans.asp

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No it's not the same company. The Kroger phones are www.iwirelesshome.com. They are a Sprint MVNO, so Sprint network.

Those phones have been at $49.99 on the website and in my local Kroger for some time. I think the bonus minutes apply only for new lines and not to a phone upgrade.

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Ah, I see. Nice phones, but not the greatest plans.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been a customer for more than a year. There are better deals out there but I really can't justify leaving since I have now accumulated a large balance while the free minutes from spending $100 at Kroger cover almost all of my calls.

Their customer service operators are very good.

The one bright spot in their price structure is free incoming text on all plans. So you don't have to worry about those friends who text you nonsense all day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305
    I've been a customer for more than a year. There are better deals out there but I really can't justify leaving since I have now accumulated a large balance while the free minutes from spending $100 at Kroger cover almost all of my calls.

Their customer service operators are very good.

The one bright spot in their price structure is free incoming text on all plans.
    On the free minutes, do you have to spend $100 in one session or is it cumulative?

I just didn't like how often you have to purchase a card.

$10 airtime cards are valid for 30 calendar days from the date of activation.
    $25 airtime cards are valid for 60 calendar days from the date of activation.
    $50 airtime cards are valid for 90 calendar days from the date of activation.

Virgin Mobile is better.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That is not correct. The $10 card is only 30 days, but all the other cards with a value of $20 or higher will set the expiration date to 90 days after the card is applied. They have $10, $20, $25, and $50 cards.

For free minutes, up to two Kroger cards can be registered to a phone. All spending on both of those cards accumulates, though each receipt total is rounded down to the nearest dollar. Every time the total reaches $100, the phone is given free minutes, and $100 is subtracted from the total. For example if you were up to $90 and spend $20 more you get the free minutes and start at $10 for the next time. The accumulation can occur over an indefinite time, it does not reset every month like the gas rewards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305
    That is not correct. The $10 card is only 30 days, but all the other cards with a value of $20 or higher will set the expiration date to 90 days after the card is applied. They have $10, $20, $25, and $50 cards.

They must not have update the terms
    https://www.iwirelesshome.com/terms/

Look under the section
    Replenishing your account.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That might be new. Further down though it does say you can add $20 with a credit card and it's good for 90 days.

They have had contradictory stuff onthe website before though. If you look in the customer care knowledgebase it is all over there that $20 gets 90 days. I'll have to see if $20 cards are still in the store or if only $25s are being sold now.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked at the cards and it is true the new $25 expires in 60 days, the $50 in 90. The old $20 cards were still on the shelf and they say they expire in 90 days, but perhaps those are being discontinued.

Phones
    sidekick lx
    verizon blackberry curve
    blackberry storm unlocked
    Feedback Score
    i will look in to this but i think page plus is better lookin at it right now