Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: service programming on the moto droid

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW through PagePlus (I'm ignorant, toothless, poor and credit challenged)
    Feedback Score

service programming on the moto droid

To put it in diag mode in the first place, turn it off, hold down the T button, and then plug the usb cable into the computer and wait for it to turn on. It is like the Motorola Q. You use HW Virtual serial port, but instead of using the DHCP IP address, you just use x.x.x.2. Also, you use port 11008.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nice job! I just made the same discovery with a little help from some folks on another forum.

Confirmed NV access with QXDM and RadioComm as well as QPST for Service Programming.

Haven't fullt tested RSD CDMA General yet but it appears that the Net Connected version cannot read or write a PRL on the Droid.

Will report back after further tests.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Nice job! I just made the same discovery with a little help from some folks on another forum.
    Thanks. It is likely that I am one of those folks. Last night I read a report on another forum about someone loading a PRL to their droid, and assumed that they were doing it through QPST. I was very disappointed to hear that they weren't going to be sharing this method with the rest of the forum, so I decided to find it myself. After I did, I emailed someone saying how to do it, but forgot to include the details about the IP address and port! Oops It wasn't until a few hours later that I realized I had made this omission

Now it is starting to look like what was reported was nothing close to being as good as this. Glad it worked out how it did though. I wouldn't have even attempted to get QPST working had I not misinterpreted that post as confirmation that QPST was already working with the droid!

Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Confirmed NV access with QXDM and RadioComm as well as QPST for Service Programming.

Haven't fullt tested RSD CDMA General yet but it appears that the Net Connected version cannot read or write a PRL on the Droid.

Will report back after further tests.
    Thanks. I will be very interested to see what you find. Some areas of EFS look like they are locked. I wonder if they can be unlocked without rooting it.

Feedback Score
    interesting. what drives should we use? it just asks for motorola 855 drivers?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwextender
    interesting. what drives should we use? it just asks for motorola 855 drivers?
    I used USB_Driver_4.1.0_32.zip from Motorola's site.

Feedback Score
    thanks i got on from motdev

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hmm, did you just edit your post? It looked like you asked about the IP address. I want to be clear, my instructions are not complete. They are meant for people who are familiar with using HW Virtual Serial Port on the Motorola Q. If you aren't, I recommend reading how to do that first, and then re-reading my instructions. They will make a lot more sense that way.

Feedback Score
    lets see how we can get into teh nvm folder.. maybe we can correct esn!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfonejunkie
    Hmm, did you just edit your post? It looked like you asked about the IP address. I want to be clear, my instructions are not complete. They are meant for people who are familiar with using HW Virtual Serial Port on the Motorola Q. If you aren't, I recommend reading how to do that first, and then re-reading my instructions. They will make a lot more sense that way.
    yeah, i thought to manually enter subnets and disable dhcp till the computer showed the ip range.

thank you, however on other posts it shows how to entry properly the AA and shared secret keys in hex format using qpst in other phones. how would we go about doing that?

one thing i hate about the driod is i am switching from my ppc6700 is that it options to manually connect to evdo/1x or alteast picture your dialup connection profile.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you want to put it in 1X mode, dial ##PROGRAM, punch in the SPC 000000, test mode, enabled, next, next, Network Mode > CDMA only.

To put it back on EVDO, pick "CDMA and EvDo"

As far as the QPST stuff goes, I have no idea what posts you are talking about, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the droid at this point. QPST is QPST once you get it working with a phone.

Also the ESN stuff you mentioned isn't allowed on HOFO, AFAIK.

Feedback Score
    If you want to put it in 1X mode, dial ##PROGRAM, punch in the SPC 000000, test mode, enabled, next, next, Network Mode > CDMA only.

To put it back on EVDO, pick "CDMA and EvDo"

As far as the QPST stuff goes, I have no idea what posts you are talking about, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the droid at this point. QPST is QPST once you get it working with a phone.

Also the ESN stuff you mentioned isn't allowed on HOFO, AFAIK.

regarding esn, I was asking where the shared secret esn password is stored, esn=hex password for my service providor, to change that not the esn of the phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    regarding esn, I was asking where the shared secret esn password is stored, esn=hex password for my service providor, to change that not the esn of the phone.
    I'm still unclear what it is you are getting at. You seem to have your terms mixed up. If you want to PM me details you don't want to post here, that is fine, but it sounds like you are trying to follow a guide that you haven't shared here, so I probably can't help you.

Feedback Score
    I'm still unclear what it is you are getting at. You seem to have your terms mixed up. If you want to PM me details you don't want to post here, that is fine, but it sounds like you are trying to follow a guide that you haven't shared here, so I probably can't help you.
    i am not following any guide all i did was follow your instructions and thats it

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When I did my original TCP port scan, I got these results:
    Interesting ports on 192.168.16.2:
    Not shown: 65533 closed ports
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    11000/tcp open unknown
    11008/tcp open unknown
    I normally use linux, so when I need to use these windows tools for phones, I end up using them on an extremely underpowered XP computer. It is too slow to deal with most of the time. I turned WiFi on on my droid, and booted it up with T held down. To my surprise, port 11008 is available over WiFi.

Now I can use qemu on my linux computer with XP installed in it. It is lightning fast compared to the physical XP computer I have. When I add "-serial tcp:droid:11008" to my command line (droid resolves to the WiFi IP for my droid) for launching qemu, the qemu guest sees a normal COM1 with my droid on it. No need for the old computer, motorola drivers, HW Virtual Serial port. It is very fast and reliable. You can probably do the same thing with VMWare and similar VM programs.

The (possible) problem is, port 11000 isn't available over WiFi for some reason. Can someone check that out on an XP box and figure out what it does? All I did is check it with HW Virtual Serial port, and it didn't work with it so I moved on to the only other port available, 11008 (which worked). Port 11000 might also have a purpose, maybe even in rooting it. All I get when I connect to it over WiFi is disconnected immediately. Maybe it is the same over USB though, not sure.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    i am not following any guide all i did was follow your instructions and thats it
    I never said anything about shared secrets. If you want to input them with QPST, it works the same as with any other phone.

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast