Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: service programming on the moto droid

Feedback Score
    i never said anything about following another guide nor your guide saying about SS and other things.

i was asking if theres a simple guide for that.

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, guys, suffer me this one question. What's the 't' button?

TIA

Feedback Score
    on the qwerty keyboard use the letter "T"

its ok to ask.

We should also work on getting data working on alltel, and other carriers.

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Feedback Score

Data settings

I got cdmaware and qpst to work but it will not save the information once I put it in it reverts back to the old set up. I tried RSD 5.3 and it will not even read the EVDO portion of the phone. I am trying to program this phone to a different carrier for data. I already have the phone for my carrier and it works on voice and text but not on data.

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm new to Droid but is it possible to use QPST or Motorola PST to load a custom PRL onto the phone?

I used to do that with my old Motorola phones and it proved useful sometimes.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you follow the instructions in this thread laid out by tracphonejunkie for booting the phone holding the "T" key on the hardware keyboard to load the Motorola Networking driver(assigns the droid an IP address on the local network) then you can use Hardware Virtual Serial Port to create a COM port for QPST, QXDM or RadioComm to use for Diagnostic mode NV access and service programming, including writing the PRL with QPST.

Use 192.168.16.2 as the IP address and port 11008 in HWSP.

I will assume you know how to read and write the service programming and PRL using the Roam tab in QPST.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16gb (Tmobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile,Month to month
    Feedback Score
    I am lost on this phone. being android and all. you mention an HW serial port and creating a com port. how do you use that and what is an HW serial port?

I just dont understand that process along with the IP address, can you explain more in detail how everything works?
    Accomplishments:

Flashing Phones remotely from my iPhone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW through PagePlus (I'm ignorant, toothless, poor and credit challenged)
    Feedback Score
    My instructions are only for people who know how to use QPST on Motorola Q. To anyone else, they won't make any sense. Everything is the same with a few exceptions, so I only point out the exceptions.

I suggest going to google and searching for: QPST Motorola Q

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16gb (Tmobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile,Month to month
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfonejunkie
    My instructions are only for people who know how to use QPST on Motorola Q. To anyone else, they won't make any sense. Everything is the same with a few exceptions, so I only point out the exceptions.

I suggest going to google and searching for: QPST Motorola Q
    Thanks for the Useful info. after a few hours I figured it out and learned something new about creating com ports.. I guess the next step is trying to figure out data. as I read on it seems like nothings working. got any suggestions?

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OK..so I think i'm making some progress. I've configured the virtual serial port and QPST can see the phone. I'm using QPST v2.7 build 301...I've also tried build 323 (is there a new version out there??). When I click on "read from phone" though, I'm getting the message "Roaming list request-time out." and then none of the data fields populate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16gb (Tmobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile,Month to month
    Feedback Score
    yeah use qxdm or cdma workshop. for some reason it did that to me too on qpst. maybe its the prl your loading.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also make sure you are using a recent set of Motodev drivers 4.1 0r 4.2.

I have gotten the roaming list timeout error in QPST on various Q9 models and many others have as well, although I did not have that problem with the Droid.

I was always able to solve it by disconnecting the phone while QPST is open and then reconnecting and letting QPST re identify the phone and then try again.

I don't have CDMA workshop loaded on this laptop so I haven't tried doing anything with data authentication but others claim to have been successful with EvDO on Cricket, although I don't think anyone has MMS yet.

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrz619
    yeah use qxdm or cdma workshop. for some reason it did that to me too on qpst. maybe its the prl your loading.
    Nope..I never get that far.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid The BOMB!!!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon - former Alltel
    Feedback Score
    You can load a prl with qpst but you need to use qxdm to read a prl from the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That is not true. QPST reads and saves the the PRL by default everytime you run a service programming. It will be in the same directory as the XXXXXXXX_sp.qcn file as XXXXXXXX.rl0 and XXXXXXXX.rl1 which are the PRLs for NAM 1 and NAM 2 respectively. You must set to show hidden and system files in Windows.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast