Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: service programming on the moto droid

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Feedback Score
    Programming the phone is the easy part. Data is what is the problem I have read that people have been able to program the Droid to different carriers but have not found anything about this. I have tried QPST, Radiocomm and CDMA-Ware I am able to make the changes but it reverts back to it's default.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig
    OK..so I think i'm making some progress. I've configured the virtual serial port and QPST can see the phone. I'm using QPST v2.7 build 301...I've also tried build 323 (is there a new version out there??). When I click on "read from phone" though, I'm getting the message "Roaming list request-time out." and then none of the data fields populate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    On the HWVS settings tab UNcheck NVT Enabled.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid The BOMB!!!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon - former Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Ah I wasn't aware of that, sorry for the misinformation.

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree
    On the HWVS settings tab UNcheck NVT Enabled.
    Jackpot! Thanks!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree
    does rooting it allow us to set the evdo user name and #777 stuff?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW through PagePlus (I'm ignorant, toothless, poor and credit challenged)
    Feedback Score
    I'm kind of doubting that root will have a huge impact on this stuff, it is probably pretty separate from linux, but who knows. It certainly won't hurt, and it should in theory bring us closer. I just don't think we are "there" because we have root.

I haven't rooted my droid yet, probably won't look into any of this stuff for a few more days at least.

Feedback Score
    Hope you guys can figure this out. I have a feeling that if i replace my prl on my alltel droid i will be able to use verizon towers and get agps to work here in tampa.

It has been a while since i have messed with this kind of stuff so im gonna wait till a simple guide is worked up.

Feedback Score
    Have you guys managed to get a prl change to stick?

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekvan
    Have you guys managed to get a prl change to stick?

yep...I have!

Feedback Score
    Alright i think i am going to dive in and see if i can get my gps to work. Anyone know what the newest verizon prl is?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW through PagePlus (I'm ignorant, toothless, poor and credit challenged)
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much everything should stick. There is the idea going around that QPST access is read only. The only thing that won't stick that I know of is if you try to move away from @vzw3g.com in order to use another carrier. Everything else should stick. This would include PRL and GPS settings.

The PRL can be found in the VZW forum, there should be a sticky. I don't know much about the current state of Alltel, but I think there were some hybrid PRLs there too, maybe in the older unstickied thread. No idea what would work best for you.

I just noticed teddyearp's sig. Ha! I glossed right over your post thinking you were serious.

Feedback Score
    So i have been trying and trying to get hwvsp to connect to my droid, can't get it. Assigned ip address of 192.168.16.2, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and 255.255.255.248, still wont connect. Tried on 3 different pc's one win 7 64 bit and two xp machines. Gave up.

So i decided to use your qemu method you described in the mobile files forum tracfonejunkie. Well see how that goes, I am installing xp in it right now.
    Last edited by Derekvan; 12-14-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    SUCCESS!!!!

Wow, you guys don't understand how happy I am right now. Since i spent 200 dollars on my Droid on launch day i have had GPS service two or the times. Since I updated my prl following the instructions laid out by tracphonejunkie, i can now get it whenever i want!!! Just wanted to say thanks TFJ, i dont know where i would be without you mentioning qemu in the mobilefiles thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekvan
    So i have been trying and trying to get hwvsp to connect to my droid, can't get it. Assigned ip address of 192.168.16.2, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and 255.255.255.248, still wont connect. Tried on 3 different pc's one win 7 64 bit and two xp machines. Gave up.

So i decided to use your qemu method you described in the mobile files forum tracfonejunkie. Well see how that goes, I am installing xp in it right now.
    The ip address is whatever has been assigned to the Droid.
    Is that the ip address of your Droid or are you trying to use the one that was in the walk-through?

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast