Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: service programming on the moto droid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree
    The ip address is whatever has been assigned to the Droid.
    Is that the ip address of your Droid or are you trying to use the one that was in the walk-through?
    I tried every which way, i let it assign the ip itself, i assigned it one. HWVSP would never connect. 3 different machines and it would not work.

I ended up reading a ton about qemu and used that method. Took a while but it worked like a charm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekvan
    I tried every which way, i let it assign the ip itself, i assigned it one. HWVSP would never connect. 3 different machines and it would not work.

I ended up reading a ton about qemu and used that method. Took a while but it worked like a charm.
    Did you ever UN-check the NVT tab?

Feedback Score
    Did you ever UN-check the NVT tab?
    yup, tried everything, just wouldnt work.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    actually i'm not sure what this thread is for anymore, this has turned into google voice; the thread

i mean, you can't put it on a GSM network, and Sprint is IMPOSSIBLE to sneak phones onto, and manually programing it for verizon is somewhat redundant since you gain nothing from it (data charges applied automatically no matter what)
    MICROWAVES ARE GOOD FOR YOU

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Feedback Score
    That is not what some of us are doing we are trying to get this phone on a different carrier. I OTAP'd my phone it works fine for voice and SMS. The problem is that my OTAP does not program the data settings. Now the Eris by HTC I have it working on a different carrier for Voice,SMS and data no problem. I just want this phone to work with my carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoaxx
    actually i'm not sure what this thread is for anymore, this has turned into google voice; the thread

i mean, you can't put it on a GSM network, and Sprint is IMPOSSIBLE to sneak phones onto, and manually programing it for verizon is somewhat redundant since you gain nothing from it (data charges applied automatically no matter what)
    Right, because Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Cricket?? MetroPCS?? Ntelos?? All are CDMA carriers...
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW through PagePlus (I'm ignorant, toothless, poor and credit challenged)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoaxx
    manually programing it for verizon is somewhat redundant since you gain nothing from it
    Speak for yourself. I have one of the droids that wasn't in the MEID database originally. Maybe it has been fixed by now, but it wasn't when I first started using QPST. Since I use PagePlus (which is on Verizon), my data settings don't need to be changed, but I still needed to upload a PRL and fix the GPS settings. Most GPS features are turned off by default, and now I get a fix much quicker, and without the completely wrong fix that was happening for the first 30 seconds or so.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No more Droid data settings PMs, please.
    Please don't PM me about the Droid data settings. I've said all that I know, and I know all that I care about knowing. I'm not even looking to discover anything new.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone set down intructions to get the web working on the droid for metroPCS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddi3
    Has anyone set down intructions to get the web working on the droid for metroPCS?
    Yeah, PM tracfonejunkie.

Seriously, dont.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekvan
    SUCCESS!!!!
    Glad my Qemu instructions were helpful. Here they are for the rest of the people on HOFO.

OK I know HWVSP is a pain to use. I no longer recommend doing it. If it works for you, great. If not, don't try to force it.

Get Qemu*, install XP in it, install QPST or whatever you are trying to use in it, then shut the qemu VM down.

Turn WiFi on in your droid**. Hit menu, settings, wireless, wifi settings, now hit the menu button again, hit the advanced button, and change the sleep policy so that it doesn't turn wifi off when the screen goes dark.

If you don't know the IP of your droid, check your wireless router's web based menu, or use a program like WiFinder on your droid - it will give you the droid's WiFi IP address, probably in the range of 192.168.1.x

Now start qemu back up with "-serial tcp:192.168.x:11008" in the command line. This will cause qemu to connect to your droid, and give the internal qemu guest the droid on com1. There is no need for HWVSP or motorola drivers with this method, and it doesn't matter what OS you are running qemu under. Linux, OSX, Vista/Win7, or even XP.

HWVSP has the advantage that each time your phone reboots, it will auto-detect it. With Qemu you will have to shut down qemu and start it back up again each time. On the plus side, it works much better for me.

I'm convinced that some people having trouble with HWVSP aren't doing anything wrong.

* VMWare, VirtualBox, and others might work with some additional effort on your part. No, there is nothing magical about the VM. Running XP in a VM will do nothing special for you. What makes this work is that qemu is forwarding the tcp connection to the guest OS as a serial port.

** Of course, turning WiFi on in your droid isn't enough, you have to boot it up while holding down the T button still!

Feedback Score
    I thinks enough discussion on this thread and this forum about how to connect the phone to the computer.

I think its time we focus on actually re-programming the phone, data settings, making phone work on other carriers, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwextender
    I thinks enough discussion on this thread and this forum about how to connect the phone to the computer.

I think its time we focus on actually re-programming the phone, data settings, making phone work on other carriers, etc.
    What progress have you made?

Feedback Score
    What progress have you made?
    well being in canada theres only so much i can do for data

i managed to get telus evdo working on the droid. using qpst

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast