Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alltel phones on Page Plus, dealers who will activate them

Feedback Score

Alltel phones on Page Plus, dealers who will activate them

I am making a shortlist of dealers who say they can activate Alltel as well as Verizon phones for Page Plus. There are going to be more and more Alltel people who feel like leaving because of the Verizon takeover. This might be an alternate for them instead of paying an arm and a leg for Verizon prepaid.

(disclaimer: I make no guarantees that they can get data to work even on smartphones. Also, individual experiences may vary.)

And please note, none of the can do Alltel activation dealers who are on Hofo are free dealers. As far as I know, there are no Hofo free PPC dealers who do Alltel phone activations to PPC on a regular basis. Please do not bother the two below with requests for free activations on your Alltel phone. They charge very reasonable rates anyway (Keith wireless is just 99 cents).

1)One of our very own. Fellow Hofo and authorized Page Plus dealer Keith Wireless offers to activate Alltels as well as Verizon. He has a ebay store with 100% positive feedback. Over a thousand feedbacks. Hard to do in this day and age.
    http://www.keithwireless.com/activation
    http://myworld.ebay.com/tsrkeith/

2)Blackdog98 is a Hofo and a dealer too. He is located in Akron , Ohio, not too far from Ground zero on all things regarding Page Plus. According to him, he has a very high success rate with Alltels. (Nearly 100% from what I understand. He is very active on the Facebook groups page for Page Plus Cellular and has helped out many people having issues/questions about Page Plus. I would recommend him too.

3)Page Plus Quick Shop also claims they can activate Alltels. I have no reference point on these folks other then that they do have a range of services available that the typical PPC dealer does not offer.

http://www.pageplusquickshop.com/prepaid_phones.html

4)http://www.pageplusdirect.com/change_phones.php
    Another new one. They say Any Verizon, Alltel and most Ampd phones.

If anyone uses any of these dealers, please post your references /experiences. I believe number one and two are pretty solid. The others, unknown.

But Alltel users now have some options if they want an alternative to Verizon without having to abandon their current phones. Also, I see a lot of Alltel phones getting dumped as the turnover happens and Alltel fades into history. A lot in the areas divested to Att and their incompatible gsm network as well as people upgrading to Verizon devices.

If anyone knows of other dealers who can activate Alltels to Page Plus with minimal fuss, please list them and your experience with them. Thanks!
    Last edited by Big Blue 023; 11-28-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I activated an Alltel touch pro on my own personal Page Plus account yesterday. I activate Alltel phones all the time as right here in my area was nothing but Alltel for years and now it is Verizon the Alltel handsets are being sold everywhere I look

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by houseflipper
    I activated an Alltel touch pro on my own personal Page Plus account yesterday. I activate Alltel phones all the time as right here in my area was nothing but Alltel for years and now it is Verizon the Alltel handsets are being sold everywhere I look

houseflipper, does everything work on Page Plus with your Alltel Touch Pro or only talk/text? Also, have you had any times that Alltel models had trouble activating on Page Plus ? (Older phones, prepaid/Alltel U types, etc.)

Network geography (near old Alltel strongholds) could be another variable in the continuing Alltel phones on Page Plus situation.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yes everything worked just fine. Now on the touch pro I just added I had to change the wap settings but I was playing with settings and might have changed those before I tried it couldn't remember. I havent activated any really old phones. But so far everything has worked. One phone in particular ax260 Would not over the air program and I was trying to do it long distance. After about an hour of trying different things finally the customer told me it was a prepaid phone. Without having it in my hands I just couldnt make it happen. Thats the only issue I have had with Alltel phones.

Feedback Score

If you are a Page Plus Hofo/dealer w/high success rate activating Alltels on PPC ...

houseflipper, wanna be listed along with the other Hofo/dealers who can do Alltels?

Any other Hofo/dealers who have a high (at least 90% )success rate with Alltels. If you are in that range, lmk. Pm me with details of what models you have working otb/ota , what features (talk/text/mms/web) as I have a related thread I would like to archive that info. Also, please lmk your geographic region and clarify if it was Alltel country before the Verizon merger. Thanks.

Those who are 50-50 need not apply. Sometimes does not cut it . Sorry, but I do not want people who use the dealers listed here to be disappointed. If you are not 90% or better but close, lmk too. Be honest please. I do not want angry Hofos pming me saying so and so dealer messed their Alltel phone up.

And dealers, please lmk , do you charge other Hofos. Yes or no?

Feedback Score
    Thanks to Houseflipper, Hofo/PPC dealer who has successfully activated many Alltels to PPC . He has agreed to give me permission to put him on the list.

He states that he does not charge other Hofos at this time for activating their Alltel phones. Thanks Houseflipper!

Any other Hofo/dealers with a consistent success rate activating Alltel phones with simple/straightfoward activation, please pm for consideration in being added to the list.

Phone
    Palm PRE
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i will activate anything verizon, alltel us cc, sprint
    Code Name: s1l3nz
    Latest Exploits:
    LG AX8600
    Next Exploits:Sprint Samsung Exclaim wap+mms

Feedback Score

Free Alltel activation!

I would like to add Cdma_Freek to my shortlist of Hofo/PPC dealers who will activate Alltels as well as Verizons.

Cdma_Freek will activate Alltels for PPC for FREE for talk/text . I have some other stuff I will post once I get approval from Avenue.

Thanks !
    Last edited by Big Blue 023; 12-01-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMA_Freek
    i will activate anything verizon, alltel us cc, sprint
    Can you really activate a Virgin Mobile phone on Pageplus? I really don't see how that is possible without doing something illegal.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (Mine)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (Wife)
    Carrier
    Page Plus! TnT 1200
    Feedback Score
    I activated 2 Alltel phones (Blackberries) using the main PagePlus website.. Are others having issues with this?

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I activate any valid ESN/MEID but it is up to the customer to program it. I offer assistance on paid activations but not free services (even though I say that, I am known to assist anyway). On Alltel, Sprint, MetroPCs, etc. phones the customer has to have a way of getting the correct PRL on the phone, I cant do that, but I can assist with manually programming the Alltel and Verizon phones since their SPCs are 000000 on Postpaid. On the prepaid phones or Sprints and a few others, the customer has to use a tool to retrieve spc and load a PRL. If local to me, I am a mobile business. I will drive to the customer and activate the phone for them for an activation fee.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some of the low-end Sprint and Sprint MVNO phones have only single band (1900 MHz) radio hardware. These phones will not be able to work in the many places where the Verizon towers are on 800 MHz. Be sure your phone is dual or triple band before considering using it on PP.

Feedback Score
    TO: Gpatrick. Virgin Mobile phones are extremely difficult to activate to other cdma carriers. They are specifically modified to discourage (if not outright prevent) phone hacking/flashing/unlocking. Some of them are also only single channel 1900mhz like HF305 points out in the third post after yours. Frankly, I tell people just to wait till VM has a better set of plans hopefully. That way they can use VM phones w/o mods. Though, I think they have been lagging lately. Other prepaid carriers and even one postpaid (Tmobile) has either caught up or surpassed the value of their deals. Certainly, they are no match for PPC/other Verizon mvnos.

Btw, please keep on topics. This is a dealer list who can do activate Alltels without issues . I am considering other carriers too. But that deviates from the title/aim of the thread. I will keep you informed.

To: CyrusUncc. Are you a dealer? Do you want to be listed as an Alltel activating Page Plus dealer if you are? Does your activation provide talk/text and do you have a high success rate with just OTA? Do you provide activations for free or not to other Howard Forum members? PM me please. Forum is getting a little cluttered and off topic.

To: Flipitcellular. As a Page Plus dealer, when you work on Alltels, are you not able to activate them without extra work? Is your geographic area not a heavy Alltel area?
    It appears some dealers have much higher success rates/ease with Alltel activations then others. Verizons appear consistent. Please PM me to minimize clutter.

Again, this thread was started so that a PPC Hofo with minimal techical skill/background to have a dealer directly activate his/her Alltel phone and get at least talk/text working on it on PPC. If you are a dealer who can do such, want to be listed, have a high success rates with minimal work on Alltels (the activation goes as easily as it does on a Verizon/regular Page Plus phone) . Please PM me and let me know if you want to be listed. If you charge or not other Hofos.

Again , thanks to HF305 for bringing up the Sprint/mvno 1900mhz limitation.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (Mine)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (Wife)
    Carrier
    Page Plus! TnT 1200
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023
    To: CyrusUncc. Are you a dealer? Do you want to be listed as an Alltel activating Page Plus dealer if you are? Does your activation provide talk/text and do you have a high success rate with just OTA? Do you provide activations for free or not to other Howard Forum members? PM me please. Forum is getting a little cluttered and off topic.
    Not a dealer. Just a customer that used page plus's main website to activate.. I wasn't sure why someone was looking for dealers who would activate alltel phones, when the main site worked for me.

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onli.../Activate.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusuncc
    Not a dealer. Just a customer that used page plus's main website to activate.. I wasn't sure why someone was looking for dealers who would activate alltel phones, when the main site worked for me.

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onli.../Activate.aspx
    This whole thread would not even exist if Alltels were as easy, straightfoward and as clear an issue as Verizon phones are when it comes to being able to activate them on Page Plus. (without flashing, monster packs, hacking and other potentially pain in the rear things for the average user).

I have been searching for the "why?" in that for a while and the bottomline is , some, many, but not all Alltels will activate vs almost all Verizons.

What is that "why?" Geography? Merger area? Generational difference? (Older Pre Merger Alltels).?" All of the above? Other?

Who knows exactly in every case? (And if you do know, I want to hear from you! My own unproven theory is that it depends on how well your Alltel coverage area was merged with Verizon. Even that is just a guess . And it is not a clear cut answer either even if it were right. Some areas may be better integrated then others even in the same geographic region . I could be wrong , I could be right, but if your Alltel phone doesn't work, it doesn't really matter does it? )

I figured if there are dealers who have a higher success rate in Alltel to PPC activations, maybe it will shift the odds in favor of "can" more then "can't" for those who are having difficulty on their own, rather then just toss the Alltel into a drawer and forget about it.

Basically, as a user who were able to do it on your, you had good luck. There are a lot of others, some DEALERS included, who have hard luck with Alltels for some reason (The "why" again). Go figure. There is no one straight, clear, easy definitive answer for that. There are some dealers who outright refuse to do Alltels. There are only a few who list Alltels in with Verizons as phones that they will activate, which is why I started this thread. To extend the potential of bring your own phone easily for Alltel users who want to get on PPC too.

Even other Verizon mvno carriers who will do Verizon phones like Mingo and Talkaway also refuse Alltels . Yet Sun Mobile (which is in Florida, same as Talkaway) says Alltels are okay. Go figure.

I have no idea if any Alltel mvnos even exist/existed.

If a dealer has a high success rate with Alltels for whatever reason, why not go through that channel as an alternative if it doesn't work for yourself. Who knows? Maybe it will work better when he does it. (In cases like yours, where the user can activate Alltels successfully. Obviously a moot point).

Just looking for possible answers to the problem . That's all.

If there are any other Hofo members /PPC dealers who have a consistently sucessful activation rate with Alltel phones in addition to just Verizon. Pls. Pm me with details like geography, how long you've been a dealer, success ratio, etc. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast