Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contact Manager R451C or R810 Straight Talk

Carriers
    PagePlus
    SpotMobile
    Feedback Score

Contact Manager R451C or R810 Straight Talk

Am I too demanding or why on earth would Samsung not have a feature like a Contact Manager/Sync application for the R451C or R 810 handsets?

Is there info out there I just can't find?
    Is this 1987 all over again, with smaller handsets??

Phones
    R451c
    Blackjack II
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I also find this very troublesome. I have 300+ contacts that I have always been able to move to a new phone with a contact manager. Till now. I cannot find any company that is supporting this phone yet.

Many C-mgrs use the DUN feature to communicate with the phone, ST has it disabled. Maybe that is why they do not yet support it.

I am very happy with voice & text. But disappointed with Internet Browser, lack of games, and contact manager. Contact manager being a real need.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The DUN feature is disabled, however you can re-enable it.. First goto your settings menu and press # and a screen should appear asking for a User Lock code which is 000000 scroll down to DUN and click it, then click Enable and exit the menu.

The DUN mode is now ON.. If you don't get the hidden menu simply goto Phone Settings then Security and enter the last 4 digits of your cell number and click on Reset Phone. After the reboot the hidden menu will be there.

Rob

Carriers
    PagePlus
    SpotMobile
    Feedback Score

DUN feature?

What is the DUN feature? Dial Up Networking?
    How will it help to manage contacts/address book?
    Is there a CDMA software /app that will get into the R451C?

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    DUN is a profile to use the phone as a modem there are quite a few bluetooth profiles for support of other transfer features, contacts, handsfree, using a remote keyboard on the device, being a remote keyboard for another device, sms send and or recieve etc

Its nice to know that that DUN can be enabled it means you can use a Netbook off of one of these so the terrible browser doesn't matter so much on the 1x phones (if thats true across the board). Even better for the 810 if also true.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    SpotMobile
    Feedback Score
    So, will enabling the DUN definately allow me to sync, copy, or upload my contacts to my R451C? Or is this just an experiment? Know anyone that has more info on this?

Phones
    LG 600g
    LG 225
    Moto w376g
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Just this afternoon I responded to a question from ArtP on my blog - it may be old news to some, but I was happy to discover it. Basically, I was able to use bluetooth to transfer my entire contacts list from my t401g to my r451c. I didn't try it yet from my computer, but I guess in theory it should work. So far, these are the phones it works with: r451c, t401g, EM326g, LG 290c, LG 220c. It's a little different for each phone, but at least it shows that each has the capacity to send and receive contacts via bluetooth (using the .vcf format). This is a pretty common format, used by web-based email services like Yahoo and, I believe, Gmail, as well as outlook AFAIK. So there is some hope. I still have more testing to do, but I'll try to get a detailed blog post up soon. Here's a link to my comment from earlier today:

http://pbush14.wordpress.com/2009/11.../#comment-5509

Carriers
    PagePlus
    SpotMobile
    Feedback Score
    This is good to hear, there may be hope. I'm puzzled as to how my Outlook contacts from my office PC can be Bluetooth-ed, but I'm open to anything. I just wish we could leverage these dandy R451C $4 USB cables floating around.

Keep us updated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    DUN is a profile to use the phone as a modem there are quite a few bluetooth profiles for support of other transfer features, contacts, handsfree, using a remote keyboard on the device, being a remote keyboard for another device, sms send and or recieve etc

Its nice to know that that DUN can be enabled it means you can use a Netbook off of one of these so the terrible browser doesn't matter so much on the 1x phones (if thats true across the board). Even better for the 810 if also true.
    Thanks much for this info!

Phones
    lg 290c
    lg shine
    samsung 880
    Carriers
    straight talk
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I really need to figure out how to enable the DUN on the lg 290c, can someone please help

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are y'all aware that it's against ST's TOC to tether? If you do just be aware that when they find out your phone will be toast and you will have lost any money you had on it.

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    Are y'all aware that it's against ST's TOC to tether? If you do just be aware that when they find out your phone will be toast and you will have lost any money you had on it.
    Yes, I got all happy about the info here earlier, before I read the TOC. Now I know to get the thought of tethering out of my head.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaspeaks
    Yes, I got all happy about the info here earlier, before I read the TOC. Now I know to get the thought of tethering out of my head.

Hi Lisa. Yea it would really suck to have a $300 phone turned into nothing more than a pretty paper weight... I know some people will go ahead and try it anyway but I'm just not gonna take any chances.

I do hope someone posts if they try it and it ends badly.... it would sure stop other people from trying! lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74
    The DUN feature is disabled, however you can re-enable it.. First goto your settings menu and press # and a screen should appear asking for a User Lock code which is 000000 scroll down to DUN and click it, then click Enable and exit the menu.

The DUN mode is now ON.. If you don't get the hidden menu simply goto Phone Settings then Security and enter the last 4 digits of your cell number and click on Reset Phone. After the reboot the hidden menu will be there.

Rob
    Just got the phone at Walmart and activated it. I tried your suggestion and pressing the # does nothing. It appears they have removed/updated this capability?

Sure would be nice to have the tethering feature, had it with a Blackberry but got tired of the excessive costs.

If you have another suggestion, please pass it on.

Thanks

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ebohatch
    Just got the phone at Walmart and activated it. I tried your suggestion and pressing the # does nothing. It appears they have removed/updated this capability?

Sure would be nice to have the tethering feature, had it with a Blackberry but got tired of the excessive costs.

If you have another suggestion, please pass it on.

Thanks
    If you get it figured out could you please let us now how long it takes before ST cuts off your phone service? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast