Thread: Major issues with Net 10 401G not charging 3 cents per Text

Feedback Score

Major issues with Net 10 401G not charging 3 cents per Text

I know I read here that some of you were having trouble getting your Samsung to charge the proper 3 cents per text. What has driven me to post here, is the plain and simple fact that I have been in contact with net 10's executive support for 3 weeks now, and no one seems to know how to fix the issue.

I also remember some people saying that they called the executive number once, and got the issue fixed. Please share what they did to fix it, im getting sick of dealing with net 10's so called "support".

This is sort of a big deal, considering its the only reason I dropped $80 on a phone.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Call or e-mail Super CSR Elston.

He will give you the codes to enter that will correct this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr TracFone
    Call or e-mail Super CSR Elston.

He will give you the codes to enter that will correct this.
    Sorry, im new here, who is that lol? Do you have a link to his contact info?

Thanks!

Edit: Found them through your tweets and google, ty, hope it works!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Clause
    Sorry, im new here, who is that lol? Do you have a link to his contact info?

Thanks!
    “…my name is Elston and I am a Tracfone employee and I am here to assist anyone that is having a problem with their phones. You can contact me at 1.800.626.4883 ext 6107 or by email – elombillo[at] tracfone [dot] com… I would be more than happy to assist any and all TracFone, Net10, StraightTalk and SafeLink customers that need my assistance.” He then went on to add that if he is unavailable, the number I gave out last week (1-800-876-5753) will reach the Executive Resolution Department, which is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST.

Feedback Score
    And your confident that he knows how to fix this issue? Santa is a little sick of going around in circles

Feedback Score

Talking

Do not doubt the Mighty Elston.

He is the Chuck Norris of CS.... apparently.

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Do NOT call executive support to resolve this issue.

Only the main customer service dept can help. Tell them you need the long series of codes to enter into your phone.

Phone
    samsungt401g
    Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfeather

Only the main customer service dept can help. Tell them you need the long series of codes to enter into your phone.

I called the executive support and Elston got mine fixed in under two minutes...mostly my fault because I kept typing in the wrong numbers and had to start over....

Feedback Score

So you want people to leave Net10? I read all about Elston here and other forums. He can do almost anything. However, use him as the last resort. I was actually referred to him once by customer service. I messed up a my net10 phone really bad. He sent a email with the codes and it worked. This is when I had net10 service.

Feedback Score
    It only took one lengthy phone call to customer service to get mine fixed. The first customer service rep fooled around for a while then told me all Net10 phones were .5. I told her no, the new qwerty phones were .3. She fooled around some more, and then came back and told me all Net10 phones were .5. I told (courteously) she was mistaken and asked to speak to a supervisor. She fooled around some more and evidently typed a detailed memo to the floor supervisor THEN transferred me to the supervisor. After about five to ten minutes on hold, a supervisor answered. As soon as I said T401G, she proceeded to give four five lengthy code sequences, and the problem was fixed. Persistence (lots of persistence) and courtesy paid off for me.

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Jeeze you guys Elston himself told me that only the normal CS line would be able to help... and they did! I am just relaying what he said & what worked. Sorry for being helpful...

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    I went through this crap last night. Wasted over 40 minutes of my life on the phone with tech support, but at least it was resolved. I did not see this "elston" thread beforehand.

What sucks is that my roommate also has a t401g, and wants me to call and get it worked out, but I really don't want to go through all that crap again.

Would it be best to try to directly contact this "elston" person rather than sitting on the phone for another hour again? Is there any way to expedite the process such as asking for the codes outright or anything?

Feedback Score
    Jeeze you guys Elston himself told me that only the normal CS line would be able to help... and they did! I am just relaying what he said & what worked. Sorry for being helpful...
    Sounds like he got demoted or was told not to help by someone even higher up then him.

You failed to mention Elston told you that.