Thread: R451c from Straight Talk: PC send files, but phone will not send back

Feedback Score

R451c from Straight Talk: PC send files, but phone will not send back

I have the Samsung R451c from Straight Talk. I have bluetooth on my computer, and the devices can see each other fine and connect. The problem is when I go to send my pics, ringtones or anything, and choose via bluetooth from my phone, my computer is not listed. So I go back to my registered devices, and my computer is listed. I don't underwstand why it's doing this. Now from my computer I can send files to the phone with no problems. I just can't seem to get the phone to send to the computer, yet it's listed in the registered devices under bluetooth settings. I can see other phones with no issue, and transfer files both ways, it just to this computer this phone has problems with. I have connected many phones to this computer with no problems, so don't understand why this phone is giving me grief.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Uh,..I have windows XP service Pack 2. How to add R451c via bluetooth to my PC. I have never done anything like this before.

Feedback Score
    I called Samsung about this issue, and they said I would need to contact Straigth Talk, that they had an application to to make my bluetooth transfer to my computer. I thought that was crazy, didn't make sense. Bluetooth is a feature on it's own, it doesn't require additional apps to make it work properly. Anyway I called Straight Talk, and of course they didn't know anything about an app to make it work. They put me hold, and finally came back with a silly response. She tried to tell me that it was only for bluetooth headsets. I asked her why then can I connect to other phones then via bluetooth and can transfer files with no problems? Of course she tried to explain to me, but there english is not very good and so not much of it made any sense to me.

Phones
    LG Banter UX265
    UX265
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    when I tried to send a pic from phone to computer, it says "Can be connected from computer only, not from phone" - They don't want the phone to send, so you can't tether it and use it as a modem... which is fine by me, but it disables the simple things in life, like SYNCHRONIZATION! those bastards!

Feedback Score
    I too am having problems. I have the r451c and windows xp service pack 2. both are completely bluetooth capable in all aspects not just the headset function like straight talk told someone in an earlier post. The devices will locate each other properly but when i try to pair them up the pc prompts me for a passcode. i tried all usual default codes as well as the last four digits of my cell number. Unsuccessful. i perused multiple cell phone forums to no avail. i am currenty awaiting a reply from microsoft support, a reply from samsung support, and a reply for bluetooth support.

one thing i did find out on another forum http://www.cellphoneforum.net is that in some occasions when windows xp is upadated with the service pack 2, it screws up the bluetooth functionality and requires it to be reset on the pc by following instructions on the forum and thosee i found on microsofts website.

please bear with me just so i can air this irritation, NO WHRE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE on my stupid straight talk phone does it read: this device has java script disabled and cannot be reloaded. That really sucks because java can do soooo much. thank you for your patience.