Thread: EPST/FieldTrial.exe Unlock Code

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro II
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

EPST/FieldTrial.exe Unlock Code

I'm on US Cellular with a HTC Touch Pro 2 running Juicy R5.

(Juicy R5 Link)
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80683

I'm trying to get into the EPST settings, but no code is working. I have tried:

The number generated by GetSPC after entering my MIED.

BAFMSL gives an error, and no MSL. And yes, I installed .net 3.5 and then soft reset, and I had my radio turned off.

I tried using pocketputty to open a connection to com9 (9600 baud), but it can not open the connection.

Anyone have any ideas what code to use? I'm at a loss now.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Former slave of: T-Mobile, MetroPCS, ALLTEL, Verizon,Two cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    Just call Technical Support, and tell them you need your MSL Code. They gave me my code no problem when I called. The MSL Code is the one you need to Get into EPST Settings. But umm, Just out of curiosity, why do you need that? I have flashed many ROMS in my life on many devices, and not once have I had to change my EPST Settings.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Here's to you, here's to me, hope we never disagree.
    But if we do, SCREW YOU, Here's to me!

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro II
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm having problems with my EV connection. I'm in an area fully covered by EVDO in Iowa, and near a bunch of towers (and I have the same problem in two cities in multiple areas, while outside, etc). EV shows up on the top of the screen, right up until I actually want to send/rec data, when it drops to 1x. The few suggestions I found to fix this problem involved the EPST.

Also, I am showing 0 bars signal strength at the top of the screen at all times, unless I am actually in a phone call, when it goes to all bars. This is why I wanted in FieldTrial.exe, as it supposedly has a signal strength monitor.

Of course, after spending 10+ hours searching and trying everything, I post here, and the next random google search I do comes up with a working way to get the MSL on the TP2. See:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=1

This worked to get into the EPST. Wooo! It didn't work for FieldTrial.exe though.

In the end, I know I will have to reflash to the default rom (I had the same problem while still on the default) and take it to USC. I just didn't want to lose all my customizing work. Also, the USC sales reps are very nice at their stores, but have never successfully helped me fix (any) technical problem before, so I'm not looking forward to trying to work my way up the line again either

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AcornsN64
    Of course, after spending 10+ hours searching and trying everything, I post here, and the next random google search I do comes up with a working way to get the MSL on the TP2. See:

We yeah, that works too. Guess that would be easier than sitting on hold for 20 minutes trying to get if from Customer Service.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AcornsN64

We yeah, that works too. Guess that would be easier than sitting on hold for 20 minutes trying to get if from Customer Service.