Thread: t401g "browser"

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score

t401g "browser"

Hi Guys....

Am I missing something here?..... I cannot get on the "web" at all with this phone, it just keeps saying that it's restricted and to contact support. I wasted freaking 3 units on this garbage so far.

I'm familiar with the content restriction and limiting with net10, but can you not get *anything* on this phone? I thought it was advertised as having web capabilities. Calling CS is completely out of the question as I wasted about an hour of my life just getting the 3 cent txt working. Besides, I was only trying to connect out of curiosity since it's definitely a "novelty" and not of any real use with these providers anyway. Thanks for any info.

Phones
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately you will have to call CS to get the web to work if it's not working. It's not supposed to be that way (should work out of the box) but frequently that's the case. Same with Tracfone.

I've got to get a new sig...

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by micallen
    Unfortunately you will have to call CS to get the web to work if it's not working. It's not supposed to be that way (should work out of the box) but frequently that's the case. Same with Tracfone.
    dang.........ok well thanks for the confirmation!

Phones
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    On hold with them right now. Ordered a Moto 326 online Thursday. Fed Ex 3 day. Should have been here yesterday. Fed Ex came yesterday and today - no phone. Now I look at my ban acct online, and the memo charge from net 10 that WAS on there is gone. I haven't been charged at all it appears. I don't know if the phone was backordered or what?!? You'd think I'd get an e-mail or something. Pissed, I am.

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    well i went ahead and put in a trouble ticket or whatever on their site. i'm on my break from work and don't have the time to screw around with their CS antics. I know they'll prob tell me just to call, but whatever...

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    hmm.... ok i'm wondering something.... I checked my roommate's phone at noon and it has access to the web, BUT is getting the .5 rate for texting. I wonder if when I called and had them set it to the .3 it messed up the browser access? i can't say for sure b/c i didn't even try the browser before then...since i knew the .3/.5 txt thing was an issue, i transferred my # then called them right after.

anyone else go through .3 txt / number transfer situation then have browser issues?

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    OH CRAP I cannot access the browser at all since I got set up w/3 cent texts. UGH!!!

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfeather
    OH CRAP I cannot access the browser at all since I got set up w/3 cent texts. UGH!!!
    maybe this confirms my suspicions! what crap.... normally i don't get TOO angry with CS, but the same night i spent an hour getting the .3 txt thing figured out, I helped my mom port a number to a new phone and spent ANOTHER hour and about twenty minutes with some MORON that had me entering tons of codes over and over and over without success.

it FINALLY worked, but I wasted over 2 hours of my life on the phone that day with these people.
    Last edited by gba88; 12-02-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gba88
    I wonder if when I called and had Net10 set it to the .3 it messed up the browser access? ... Anyone else go through .3 txt / number transfer situation then have browser issues?
    Hi gba88.

I got my T401g at hhgregg. It came with .5 text in/out. Net10 CS changed it to .3 in/out and my browser is still working. I just went to m.facebook.com and it worked fine.

A.

PS Using 'Browser' does not work for me. I used Menu > Browser > Enter URL

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani
    Hi gba88.

I got my T401g at hhgregg. It came with .5 text in/out. Net10 CS changed it to .3 in/out and my browser is still working. I just went to m.facebook.com and it worked fine.

A.

Thanks for the feedback! yeah, i just tried that method and lost another minute and received a 403 error. Looks like i'll be wasting another hour of my life with CS tonight! damn.

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani
    This worked for me when I went to a "favorite" site I'd saved earlier... but oddly did NOT work when trying to access the Net10 "home" site.

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    I called and wasted another hour of my life (is it just me or does anyone else ALWAYS end up on the phone with these guys at least about 40 minutes!??) ANYWAY, after talking to 2 ppl and wasting about 7 more units, they told me that it would be 24-48 hours until my number was in the system as being able to access the mobile web. This is BS because i ported it from an lg600g net 10 phone. I ended up getting transferred to tracfone btw, so I think there is some wackiness involved here....maybe miscommunication between systems or something. Who knows.....they told me to call back once it *is* working, and they'd refund my minutes that I spent (and WILL spend) screwing around trying to see if it "works" or not.

Feedback Score
    Had texting changed from .5 to .3 and web stills works (at least as well as it does on any Net10/Tracfone).

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Ok it's still not working this morning. I'm out 17 minutes so far b/c of this crap, hopefully they'll refund it like they said with no issues.

They told me 24-48 hours, but it's been my experience that if it(porting a number, activating, etc...) doesn't happen within a few hours, then it's not GOING to happen in 24-48. Has anyone else dealt with this and know if the 24-48 is a real time or just a canned response to keep you away for a couple days?

Again, they said the issue was that my particular number was not authorized for the mobile web service, and that a "tower" had to be updated. They first acted like I ported the number from a different provider, when in fact, I ported it from another lg600g net 10 phone. Thanks for the replies so far, and any other info

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I ported my number from another Net10 phone, too, when I switched from the Moto EM.