Thread: Samsung R451C hack, Contacts, USB

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Samsung R451C hack, Contacts, USB

Anyone know of a way to unlock/crack an R451C to provide USB / PC access to transfer an address book/contacts?

Feedback Score

Transfering to/from PC

I just bought a USB data cable for it on EBay. It works fine for everything (ringtones, sounds, pics, etc.) but "contacts". I have Windows XP.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveAA
    I just bought a USB data cable for it on EBay. It works fine for everything (ringtones, sounds, pics, etc.) but "contacts". I have Windows XP.
    Steve,
    Did you have to do anything special to get it to connect? I get "Hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".

Phone screen says it is "connected to PC"

I also have win xp.

Thanks,
    John

Feedback Score
    No, it connected with no changes of settings or anything.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Do you remember if win xp installed any drivers or anything?

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Mine also connects fine to Win XP without installing additional drivers...although I have had so many things installed on this computer there are probably non-standard drivers already on board.

Also, bluetooth worked great for me. I was able to transfer the entire phonebook at once from two Motorola phones to the R451c. I also have backed up contacts to the PC with bluetooth.

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I figured out a way around it. I forget I have a mac laptop because I rarely use it but it recognized the phone with no problem.

This allows me to transfer files with an extra step but I'll still have to figure out why the PC doesn't want to talk to the phone.

Maybe it'll work when my bluetooth dongle gets here...

Feedback Score
    I also bought a usb data cable, but neither my pc nor my laptop can locate a driver for this phone (sch-r451c). All I've found on Samsung's website is the user manual, no drivers. Suggestions? Thanks!

Phone
    HTC Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I haven't spent any more time trying to solve it. For now my Mac laptop can access the phone just fine and my bluetooth dongle came in and that works via my pc so I'll just use one of those routes when I need to transfer files.

Others seem to connect to their pc with no added drivers. I'm not computer savvy enough to speculate on the why's...

Phone
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    check one setting on the phone itself before you attach the usb cable, it may or may not help

hit the menu key navigate to settings then to phone settings then to pc settings and make sure that USB mass storage is selected.

see if that helps any.
    Phone History:
    Nokia 6010, Nokia 3120b,Motorola i415, Motorola i710, Nokia 6133(T-mobile Branded, Then Debranded)

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    Stop crying wolf...u make it sound like a this was life-or-death situation

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    On mine if there is a micro SD installed, the PC(win7) sees it as a removable disk(Drive K: in my case...it will depend on other drive mapping configuration on your particular machine). Without the SD card installed it sees it as Samsung cdma modem.(I think I rember having to google around to find the driver for THAT function) I have no idea how to use it as a modem though, and that would be a TOS no-no anyway, I'm sure. There is no way to access the built in storage at all AFAIK.

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by sfot
    On mine if there is a micro SD installed, the PC(win7) sees it as a removable disk(Drive K: in my case...it will depend on other drive mapping configuration on your particular machine). Without the SD card installed it sees it as Samsung cdma modem.(I think I rember having to google around to find the driver for THAT function) I have no idea how to use it as a modem though, and that would be a TOS no-no anyway, I'm sure. There is no way to access the built in storage at all AFAIK.
    go2 browsers hidden menu and enable dun..if u dare...!!!
    Last edited by howard; 05-10-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have discovered that the phone has no driver that will allow it to be seen by the computer - save for as a storage device per the micro SD card. If someone would WRITE a driver for the phone I'm sure we could all use Samsung's PC Studio and that would solve a lot of grief. If anyone has successfully connected to PC Studio, please let me know!