Thread: Email addresses of Page Plus cell phones.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Email addresses of Page Plus cell phones.

Since PPC is a Verizon MVNO, Page Plus phones should be running on Verizon's network. If this is the case, then why when I send txt messages to my email address does the email address of my phone show up as 1234567890@message.alltel.com ?
    If I send picture messages or recorded voice clips off my phone then the email address of my phone is 1234567890@mypixmessages.com which I believe is a Verizon email address (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, why is my email address 1234567890@message.alltel.com instead of 1234567890@VTEXT.COM?

Not sure if this matters, but my number at PPC was ported in from Net10 and while it was at Net10 it had an address of 1234567890@message.alltel.com. The area where I activated my phone and where the number is a local number at was a Unicel and Alltel area before the Alltel/Verizon merger. Now it is Unicel and Verizon in my area. Could this be the reason, or does my phone operate off Alltel towers?

Thanks

Phones
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    mypixmessages.com I believe is a 3rd party service provider. Yeah, vzw uses them, and so does PPC.
    PPC may use them to make things simpler, since it doesnt require any changes for vzw phones on their network, maybe it helps them cut down data transfers over their network, maybe they are inexpensive, who knows?

only thing I can think of is that your OTA programming didnt go right when you reset your phone for working on ppc. but then, I am far from being a phone tech, so there could definitely be other reason that I'm unaware of.
    If only everything in life included an UNDO function....

Carrier
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    mine is myphone#@vtext.com
    I'm on the 1200TNT plan

it is a verizon phone

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score
    FWIW, both my phones (which were intended for use on VZW) have vtext.com addresses.

Neither phone was ever provisioned on a network besides P+