Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you put movies/videos on your Chocolate touch?

Feedback Score

How do you put movies/videos on your Chocolate touch?

I dragged an episode of dirty jobs on to my chocolate touch and it successfully went on there, but I cant find the episode anywhere on my phone! The video was an .AVI extension, do i need to convert the videos to other extensions prior to putting them on my phone? thanks.

Phones
    LG Chocolate Touch VX8575
    Samsung SCH-670 (retired/backup)
    Motorola V60c (retired for sure, remember those?)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the choco touch doesn't play .avi files. try mp4 (encoded h.264) or .3gp.
    Figuring out the new Chocolate Touch..

Phones
    LG Chocolate VX8550 (retired)
    LG VX4650 (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon (current)
    Alltel (former)
    Feedback Score
    I have successfully used the free "Need4 3GP Converter" to convert other video formats to .3g2 files for use on my Chocolate Touch.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    SUPER is another fairly good (although a bit cumbersome) free video converter for things of this nature.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    that program has a fracking confusing website =(

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HelplessSEAL
    that program has a fracking confusing website =(
    Yeah, that's one of the "cumbersome" things about it. After a few pages and really looking around on those pages you do end up with a download link though.

Phones
    Chocolate Touch
    Alias (Retired)
    Chocolate Flip (Retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know a good 3gp converter for mac? Also, does anyone know a good site to download movies that can be converted? Thanks

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the mods would take kindly to us linking illegal sites, but let's just say that there's a vibrant yet slightly risky movie scene on some torrent sites out there.

As for converting videos, SUPER seems to produce videos that crash my phone and cause it to instantly restart when I browse my videos...

Need4 3gp converter seems to do a great job. The instructions are:
    1. start the converter, browse to your video of choice on the top right
    2. choose the "optimal quality (*.3g2)" profile setting on the right drop down menu.
    3. click settings right below that menu, a window will pop up.
    4. change video format to mpeg4, size to 320x240 qvga, frame rate to either 23.976 or 29.994 fps depending on your source (choose the one that closely fits either of those two, everything else just leave alone.
    5. click ok and hit the convert button on the main screen, bottom right hand corner. Wait for it to convert for a few minutes and upload onto the internal or card "my_flix" folder. It should now appear under your videos folder in your phone.
    Last edited by HelplessSEAL; 12-08-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Phones
    Chocolate Touch
    Alias (Retired)
    Chocolate Flip (Retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks HelplessSEAL, I hear ya. The only thing about the "Need 4 3gp" program is that it is windows. I need something for mac.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg
    I dragged an episode of dirty jobs on to my chocolate touch and it successfully went on there, but I cant find the episode anywhere on my phone! The video was an .AVI extension, do i need to convert the videos to other extensions prior to putting them on my phone? thanks.
    Unless you find the video how you convert it. First get it found in your phone and later try to play it. Try to check in your external memory and i am sure you will find it. After finding please let me know whether the movie is playing or not, so that i can help you.

Regards,
    kristina

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No problem =), I haven't tested this on a really big movie, only episodes of Big Bang Theory encoded in mpeg4 format. I'll try a movie later and report on this...

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacallis
    Unless you find the video how you convert it. First get it found in your phone and later try to play it. Try to check in your external memory and i am sure you will find it. After finding please let me know whether the movie is playing or not, so that i can help you.

Regards,
    kristina
    Uh, no offense, but what exactly are you trying to say? Avi files WILL NOT play on the chocolate touch, it's no use trying to find it on the phone. Delete the file from the phone and try my method, it's almost guaranteed as long as the converter can read the source.

Quote Originally Posted by junx33
    Thanks HelplessSEAL, I hear ya. The only thing about the "Need 4 3gp" program is that it is windows. I need something for mac.
    http://macvideoconverter.mac-dvd.com/ or
    http://www.leawo.com/download/mac/ma...intel_free.zip
    Try these, they seems to do all of the things needed to convert to the right format.

Phones
    Motorola MB810 DroidX
    LG VX8575 Chocolate Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Don't you guys have a TV?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaPMaKaR
    Don't you guys have a TV?
    seaworld is rather slow in the winter, but now that i have videos on my phone it goes by way faster!

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where can I find videos for my phone?

Phones
    Motorola MB810 DroidX
    LG VX8575 Chocolate Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Help me HelplessSEAL

OK, Please help.

I used SUPER© to convert .avi to .3gp but there is NO "videos" folder or "my_flix" on the card when I view it using Windows explorer. I formatted the card but it only made one folder named "music". I can drag and drop music just fine. "I tried to use BitPim to add the video bu it but it wouldn't work. I also tried it in .3g2 format.

HelplessSEAL I will take your advise and try another converter but why is there now only "music" folder on my card????

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreceiated. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast