Thread: having a huge problem porting from VM to straight talk..

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

Arrow having a huge problem porting from VM to straight talk..

ok heres the deal. i had my number ported from virgin mobile to straight talk nov. 27 and the port went through on the 28th. everything on my new phone worked.. i could make and receive calls, web, and send text messages BUT i could only receive text messages from people on the verizon network. virgin mobile is intercepting my texts and i know this because i can log into my VM account and see them going there.

now 7 days later same problems. ive been in contact with virgin mobile all week everyday. they are saying they cant close my account because the port or something is not completely finished and if they do try to close it they say they get an error. they also say that when the port goes through my virgin mobile account will automatically close. ive talked to 4 different CS reps. they sent out a urgent notice to corporate dec. 1st to get a resolution because they dont know what the problem is..and still nothing. i did finally talk to one guy tonight who said he could close the account but theres a good chance i could lose my number even though its working fine on my new straight talk phone. i really dont know whats going on and they dont either but this has really taken a toll on me all week and will never ever port a number again! im gonna call VM again tomorrow and if they still havent found the problem then i might just say screw it.

i did find someone on this site having the same problem as me but i dont know what to do....

I did a port from VM and it only took about 2 hours.

I had a BIG problem with VM intercepting my text and MMS messages from people on the Sprint network. Virgin uses the Sprint network and the only way to keep them from grabbing all of your MMS and SMS messages is to CALL them and close the account... just a little FYI

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1580683&page=3

anyone have any ideas or experience what im experiencing ??

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    well i just got finished talking to straight talk and virgin mobile AGAIN. im basically screwed. straight talk is telling me the port went through 100% no problems on the 28th. virgin mobile is telling me the port hasnt gone through yet and they cannot cancel my account because they get an error message if they try to. so they esculatyed the problem to higher up people on dec. 1st an ive been calling every day since then and they keep telling me the same story and that it will only take them 24 hours to resolve the issue. well its been 5 days. i tried asking them if there was any possible way to just close it right now and they could not. i believe if they ever do close it i will start receiving texts because they would no longer be intercepting them. but there isnt anything i can do besides wait on virgin mobile to do something. ive tried everything with them. this is some major BS going on with them, just close the damn account!!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same problems with a recent port from T-Mo to Sprint. I think you just found the week point in being with an MVNO. In my case, I have Sprint engineering working to fix it. Since you're with an MVNO...you may be hosed. I would try to port out of ST to something else, then port back.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    all that needs to be done is virgin mobile close my damn account. i have verified this and im still waiting on them to close it.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    i finally found myself a very awesome virgin mobile rep. he was very helpful and put me on hold to call headquarters himself to get my situation straightened out.. i guess they removed any traces of my number and deactivated my account...AND im still not getting texts. its been over 2 hours now since they "fixed" it.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    this is a issue with VIRGIN!!!!!!

when i ported over to ATT this happened (took 2 months of waiting) and it still was never resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only way i fixed it was by changing the number.

my friend had the same problem !!!!!!!!!!!!! (he also changed the his number)

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    oh i know it is. they finally got it fixed... i can get texts from people i couldnt before BUT i still cant get a text from AIM for my confirmation code.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike93hatch
    oh i know it is. they finally got it fixed... i can get texts from people i couldnt before BUT i still cant get a text from AIM for my confirmation code.

is the built in aim client not enough?

also maybe you are using the wrong "carrier choice" when signing up?

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpapa1086
    is the built in aim client not enough?

also maybe you are using the wrong "carrier choice" when signing up?
    there isnt one built into my phone or available for it. but a day later i was able to receive the confirmation text from aim..

thank god im finally done with VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike93hatch
    there isnt one built into my phone or available for it. but a day later i was able to receive the confirmation text from aim..

thank god im finally done with VM
    I said the same thing when I quit VM. Why stay with a company that has crappy phones and $50 unlimited talk $10 more for unlimited text?

You can go to Boost and use real Sprint phones and have unlimited everything for $50 a month.

You can go to Page Plus and use almost any good Verizon smartphone with unlimited talk/text for $40 a month.

You can go to Straight Talk and get the same phone as the Rumor 2 (Samsung R451C) with unlimited everything for $45 a month.

Why do people stay with VM and pay more with less options? I don't get it

Phones
    Motorola Cluch (boost)
    Motorola Q9c (PagePlus)
    Super Slider (Virgin Mobile)
    Carriers
    boost
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I stay with Virgin Mobile because they have cheap service $0.10/Minute and I used less than 4 minutes a day. And there is the $5 200 text pack. Maximum I pay is $20/ month. I was planning of getting the USB Broadband2Go but the equipment is too expensive.

Now that I am in the wireless industry, I was trying to port in my number to PagePlus but I see a lot of complains here. Are anyone here that was succesfully port in a number from Virgin Mobile to PagePlus without any complains?

Feedback Score
    There's a lot of complaints about the following prepaid carriers: Everybody. LOL. To some degree. The ones with the fewest CS complaints I hear of are Mingo Wireless, Platinum Tel and maybe Liberty Wireless. From my experience, Boost cdma is pretty good and Att Gophone isn't bad.

The consistently most complaints I see about in prepaid CS is 1)Any Tracfone company. 2)Boost mobile iden. 3)Virgin Mobile. 4)Page Plus. 5)Metro/Cricket.

From what I understand, Mingo makes it a point to have good CS, Platinum Tel does too and Liberty is rapidly improving.