Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any Straight Talk users having dropped incoming calls?

Feedback Score

Any Straight Talk users having dropped incoming calls?

Are any Straight Talk users experiencing dropped incoming issues that match this description? Call connects for about 30 seconds , then cuts off. Only happens on incoming calls. Tends to happen more on the weekends and with landlines.

This is a problem plaguing fellow Verizon mvnos Page Plus and probably Air Voice too. I was checking to see if this is a Verizon prepaid/mvno general problem and thus a Verizon issue .

Has any ST users experienced this or similar situations on a consistent /regular basis?

If so, when does it happen, what is your geographic location, when did it start happen? Has it gotten worse, lessened, gone away?

All reports will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Phone
    Merit ZTE
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    None for me. I would be upset if it did. Very upset !

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of switching to ST, and would like to know if they have similar issues as PPC.

Feedback Score
    Working on my fourth month with ST and no dropped calls.

Phone
    Samsung 451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    When I receive a call from a Verizon subscriber the calls are dropped within the first 30 seconds. It happens about 98% of the time.

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDee
    When I receive a call from a Verizon subscriber the calls are dropped within the first 30 seconds. It happens about 98% of the time.

Sounds like the issue is not just PagePlus, but all verizon MNVOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDee

What is your location? And WHEN did it first begin? On Page Plus, this issue was first reported in mid September. It has been plaguing PPC users ever since and maybe other Verizon mvno users (at least one other Hofo on Air Voice cdma) for at least the last two weeks or more.

If this is on most or all Verizon mvnos, it's going to take away from the claim of on America's largest and most RELIABLE prepaid network. lol.

Phone
    Samsung 451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I am in Phoenix, AZ. I've had the phone since November 13th, and it has dropped calls from day one. Come to think of it, my husband has had his StraightTalk phone since November 20th, and his has also been dropping incoming calls.

Phones
    Android
    LG Optimus L9
    Carrier
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I signed up with PPC in August or Sept, and have been dropping incoming calls(30seconds or so in) since the beginning.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2(T Mobile)
    Nokia E63
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Simple Mobile(Backup)|Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Been using sraighttalk a little over a month. maybe two dropped calls I dont think it was my service tho one was an att customer who complains of less than par coverage and my moms sprint who almost NEVER has service around town or in her home. I think verizon has superior coverage in my area(Panama City Fl) I didnt have dropped calls in Colorado either had the same phone.

Phone
    R451C (ST) Env3 (P+)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    On my second month and no dropped calls, I'm in MA.

Feedback Score

Incoming calls dropped - very painful

Just got signed up with ST on Dec 7 and have been experiencing incoming dropped calls on most calls - can't seem to tell if it is mainly from Verizon customers. The calls drop 30-40 seconds into the call. But when the person calls back it works fine.

Very troubling especially when prospective clients try to call me. I called ST customer service (in Columbia, South America) and he tried to reprogram it but I continue to have the problem. Am also a customer in Phoenix, AZ.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i think verizons network needs a lil fixing due to all the new subs they added....they might push us up a level or two on the network..all of verizons MVNO are on the lowest level of the network (like boost mobile was for Nextel till they moved boost mobile to match nextel because they was adding so many subs) so maybe PPC and ST will get bump up a few levels....alot of ppl are issues with ST and PPC
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Phone
    Nokia 3360
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I have had ST (LG 290c) since October. I've had the dropped-incoming-call problem for at least the past few months. For me it's usually around the 20-second mark. I am in Seattle.

No posts here in three months is surprising. Maybe this only affects the early subscribers?

Does anyone have a success story? I.e. all of your incoming calls were being dropped, but then something changed and the problem went away.

Phones
    Nokia 2330
    Nokia 2330
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    here's the fix, dial *22891

it will update your PRL, this will update your roaming capabilities and you shouldn't drop anymore phone calls

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast