Thread: LG 220C Data Transfer

Feedback Score

Question LG 220C Data Transfer

Can anyone help me connect to my LG 220C? Drivers, Software, etc?

Love the phone, but LG can't/won't help. They say they don't have any information to give me because the phone "isn't marketed in the US". But yet, I bought the thing at WalMart, and I'm pretty sure that Canada hasn't annexed the United States...

BitPim doesn't include this phone and the LG software can't recognize it either (I probably guessed wrong on the drivers I tried installing.)

Feedback Score

frustrated

I am having the exact same problems! Let me know if you find out anything! Also have you been able to access the mobile web? Mine keeps saying Network connection lost. Is yours a Tracfone?

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just got a Straight Talk LG 220c.

Was going to buy a data cable to get some decent rings & pix onto it, but then I saw this thread.

Can anyone offer any updated information on connecting the LG 220c?

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

I figured out how to get my wallpaper pix onto my 220c

Here's how I did it...

Before I discovered that the LG 220c does not support MMS messaging, I had tried to email myself the pix by sending `em to [my phone number]@mypixmessages.com. So I decided to log into gmail with the phone and see whether I could view/save the attachments from that email sitting in my Sent Messages. It works! Select each attached pic, let it load in your browser, and you can save them to "My Folder".

This trick works with pix, but it doesn't work with .mp3 or .wav files.
    Last edited by Jack_Indabaux; 03-16-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LG-LG220C[TF268435458503201533000000016032366541] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Thank for the info. Now if we could just be able to tether...

Phone
    lg220c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    here is a link to my thread with some stuff i have figured out so far, i got ringtones and all the pictures formats i've tried working http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1627368

Feedback Score

Exclamation

WOW!!!... This seems to be the closest thread I've found to the issue with my LG220c that I've Googled' myself silly looking for an answer...

I want to get a diag program to read this thing, my OS sees it, loads the LG com port driver no problem... Issue is, no diag program CDMA workshop, QPST, etc pulls any info from it... Almost like it's locked from this type of access... I'm sure the driver is OK, because the LG download utility even goes as far as detecting the model # of the phone, but seems to time out on detecting anything further like software info, ESN, etc... Please guys, maybe if we reach out a bit, we can figure this out... I'm assuming this would also be the fix to getting your file upload utilities to work with it as well... Must be a code to open it up???... HMMM...

Thanks!!!... I'll paste the thread I started about this, I have yet to receive a reply... lol

HTML Code:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1670532-Straight-Talk-LG220c-won-t-connect-to-any-diag-program...?highlight=lg220c+flash

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    You got farther than I did in the quest for 220c drivers that would even begin to work.
    I looked and looked and eventually, having found workarounds for my two primary concerns (getting some decent walls and ringers onto it), I just gave up.

I just discovered something neat yesterday though...
    You can use animated .GIFs as wallpaper and they actually work (move).

Feedback Score
    Getting the driver loaded was the easy part... The LGdownload software automatically pulled the latest version from LG after running it... Even loaded the driver on win7 64bit... I can only assume these phones are locked from diag access, it does however surprise me that the OS sees the com driver at all if that were the case... It does make sense from a StraightTalk marketing standpoint to do this though... I am a firm believer in the "if it's coded, it can be uncoded" policy... There must be a code for this fix... I'll keep messing with it, it's totally stalled my progress on this Palm Pre to StraightTalk project, because I can't find a StraightTalk PRL anywhere, and I've looked a lot... I'm not giving up though, to be honest I can't find much of anything on getting a 3rd party handset on StraightTalk... HMMMMMMMMMM

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't a Verizon PRL work?
    Of course, even if it might work, I guess the trick would still be actually getting it installed onto the phone.

Feedback Score
    I had LG USB drivers installed for use with my V8360 (which, BTW works with Bitpim using the Chocolate 3 setting). The 220C recognizes the driver enough to charge. I can also connect to it with HyperTerminal, type ATZ and get and OK response which confirms that the serial communication is OK. I haven't yet found a way to get Bitpim to communicate with it. The closest I got was the message, "The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew." Note that you can find the COM port from Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports; it will list something like "LGE CDMA USB Serial Port (COM7)".

Feedback Score
    Thanks for confirming... The issue you describe is spot on to mine... I guess it makes sense for a "our phone only" company like StraightTalk to lock these things, but it certainly dampers my fun with it... Lol

I still say "when there's a will, there's a way"...

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Feedback Score
    Obviously since it recognized on on the setting of another than downloading the drivers for the phone most like the media version of the Lg you have may get you half way. I discovered the secret menu on the phone and in the prepaid menu i found out why it won't connect to a computer.
    you have to unlock the USB from that menu.
    until then this is futile.
    im looking for a solution currently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HamoraJabe View Post
    Obviously since it recognized on on the setting of another than downloading the drivers for the phone most like the media version of the Lg you have may get you half way. I discovered the secret menu on the phone and in the prepaid menu i found out why it won't connect to a computer.
    you have to unlock the USB from that menu.
    until then this is futile.
    im looking for a solution currently.

would you mind tellin the rest of us, especially me... how to get to the hidden menu? i would like to help in the pursuit of syncing this with a pc thanx

Feedback Score

long time lurker.. first time poster...

ok so first off thank you to all you guys.. i have been searching this stuff for a while and the only thing i find close is this forum... forgive as i am newb at this whole thing...

heres what im trying to do... i have an old lg220c and i have an lg optimus s... with qpst you can copy the programing info off one phone and then paste it so to speak on the other... you can see where im going with this... basically its cloning the phone....

the optimus reads fine in qpst but the lg220c doesn't... and the reason is that the usb port is locked.. its in the hidden menu... someone else from here has posted how to get there but for sake of people pulling there hair out here it is..

1: menu
    2: settings
    3: system
    4: press 0 (it doesn't show it)
    5: enter ##program (which is ##7764726) which is the code to get in the menu

now... if you go to the bottom it will say USB port... this is the part i think we are all stuck at.. once you click on ok on the USB port... it give you 3 options...

1: USB Lock
    2: USB Unlock
    3: USB Status

first off.. DON'T TRY TO GUESS IT... you WILL lock your phone and have to call customer service and/or factory reset your device.... if you think you have figured it out.. try only once.. then power cycle.. don't risk it...

now... obviously lock locks it... when you select it it just says locked... status says the same thing... option 2 is the one that we need to work on...

inside is the infamous 16 digit code that i have found some people hinting at... every thing to do with modding this phone lies there...

one thing i did notice is that in the hidden menu... option 3 is diag baud(uart)... now i have been trying all sorts of programs... like dfs and cdma ws... and most of the time its default connection speed is 115200... and if you click on option 3 you can set it to 115200....

one thing i just noticed was that in the dfs tool as well as cdma ws is that your supposed to supply a password... and in dfs... the password is 16 characters long... so the answer might very well be that password.. that being said there is a you tube vid out there that does a dfs tutorial... and they do it with a samsung but the guy copies and pastes the password in there and when hit password it opens...

so to me i think that the code is there... and i think that is what we need to look for...

hope this helps to further the cause...

Taynak

Quote Originally Posted by irie111 View Post
    WOW!!!... This seems to be the closest thread I've found to the issue with my LG220c that I've Googled' myself silly looking for an answer...

I want to get a diag program to read this thing, my OS sees it, loads the LG com port driver no problem... Issue is, no diag program CDMA workshop, QPST, etc pulls any info from it... Almost like it's locked from this type of access... I'm sure the driver is OK, because the LG download utility even goes as far as detecting the model # of the phone, but seems to time out on detecting anything further like software info, ESN, etc... Please guys, maybe if we reach out a bit, we can figure this out... I'm assuming this would also be the fix to getting your file upload utilities to work with it as well... Must be a code to open it up???... HMMM...

Thanks!!!... I'll paste the thread I started about this, I have yet to receive a reply... lol