Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk pre-call announcement message removal

Feedback Score

Straight Talk pre-call announcement message removal

Hello, I just purchased a Samsung 451c from Walmart and activated it using the $30 1000 minute plan. All was going well until I started placing calls. Each call is preceeded with a very annoying audio message regarding how many minutes I have left. It is incredibly annoying and a time/money waster. The message itself is 10 seconds long and leaves you with having to wait 30 seconds just to find out a number is busy.

I've read on several sites that I can call customer server and request the removal of the "pre-call announcement message". I tried this, with two different reps and a supposed supervisor who all gave me the exact same scripted response. They said they are unable to do this with my model of phone and there's nothing they can do. When I asked for a supervisor I was told their system was down and I would have to call back in 4 - 6 hours.

Many people have posted online that they have had no trouble getting this message removed. What do I need to do? Has anyone specifically had that message removed on the Samsung 451c? I'm going to try it for a few more hours and if nothing happens I'll just return the thing.

Thanks,

NB

Feedback Score
    Call the Miami office 1-800-876-5753.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2(T Mobile)
    Nokia E63
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Simple Mobile(Backup)|Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Try Net10 customer service. 1877TENCENT they do everything a ST rep can do.
    also heres the number to Trac Phone Corporate...18008765753

And trac phone executive resolutions....18008765753

Also Elston the appraised represenative......18006264883 x6107

I allways call net10 cust service first. They removed that message for me without hassle I dont even bother with ST cust service.

Save those numbers for future reference

Feedback Score
    Thank's Lisme. That's exactly what I did. I called that number, explained my irritation with the previous call center, and asked for assistance. They were pretty apologetic about the poor services from the other office. The first person attempted to help but the pre-call message persisted. I was finally transferred to extension 1461 (still in the corporate office) who knew exactly what I was talking about and how to get rid of it.

It's now working as it should and I'm impressed with the unit. I have one thing to say though: they nearly lost a customer forever (once scorned I don't go back) with the "help" received by the obviously ESL call center. The service at the corporate office was great. The employees were well spoken and knew their product. Companies should think twice before opening the low cost outsourced support centers!

Feedback Score
    mrbox23,

Thanks for the contacts. I didn't realize Net10 could help with a StraightTalk phone. I'll keep that in mind for if/when I change my wife over to one of these.

NB

Feedback Score
    Corporate told me that the regular cs is not supposed to do anything complicated. Their computers can't do it anyway. But they seem unable to transfer you to someone who CAN do it. They try, but it never goes through. So how is someone supposed to know about the Miami number? Mindreading? The regular cs number is presented as the full-service number. Not only is the audio connection crappy, but there are misunderstandings due to language. I have had cases where the csr tried desperately to contact a more technical department, only to get no response.

Phones
    Nokia E63
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnedburns
    mrbox23,

Thanks for the contacts. I didn't realize Net10 could help with a StraightTalk phone. I'll keep that in mind for if/when I change my wife over to one of these.

NB
    Your welcome! Ya I learned that net10 will take calls later then other trac #'s. late one night I service locked my LG220c playing with code entry mode and net10 was the only Trac number that answered and transfered me to the department that gave me the code to unlock my service locked 220c.

BTW other ppl I was on the phone with net10 getting my dads net10 samsung replaced as it would not make recieve calls. after an hour the rep contacted HIS tech support and the three of us(net10 rep,New tech guy, and myself) were on a three way call turning the phone on and off and them test calling it I asked the N10 rep the number to HIS tech support and he beat around the bush without giving me the number. Anyone happen to know that number? he sounded american and actually knew what was going on said he could tell if i was on the att network or roaming anyway. further details...the net10 rep asked for his name i think and/or maybe a number before he made a case number for me.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for this much needed info. I asked a ST CS rep if they could remove the message from my outgoing calls and they told me flat out no. Very frustrating customer service. It's the one and only thing I dislike about Straight Talk. Other than that I'm absolutely loving the service. Had Boost Mobile for one month and although their phones are not quite as locked down, you are still limited and they will never equal a smart phone. Returned the Boost phone for a refund and a port over to Straight Talk. Simply could not resist that great monthly price. Hope it stays that way. After blowing cash for nearly a year I finally realized that I simply never use GPS and the web on my phone to ever make it worth the extra money that you have to shell out. I was crazy for shelling out around $80 a month to AT&T back when I had my Blackberry smartphone (all smartphones are pretty over rated IMO). I just wasn't that blown away by any of them really for it to be worth it. I'm just one of those that would rather have a bit more cash in my pocket instead. Nice to know that the message recording can in fact be removed and that all it takes is to call trac phone corporate. Lovin Straight Talk though.

Update: Just called Net10 customer service (Yes they do stay open much later than Straight Talk CS). As long as you have your serial number in front of you it will work just fine cause it is all Trac Phone anyway. They had no problem what so ever about me being with Straight Talk. They thought it kind of odd that I would call them till I explained my problem with ST CS. Still not the greatest connection but ten times better than the Straight Talk call center(s). After my explanation of what I wanted done, they transfered me to another department that seemed like it was from a different location all together cause the rep was a lot clearer and there was not as much background noise and he had no accent that I could tell. Very clear and articulate. After dealing with Straight Talk CS reps I felt like telling him that if I ever meet him on the street that his dinner and drinks would gladly be my treat. He just took my name and serial number again and after a couple minutes of updating the system I was free as a bird from that very annoying message that was really starting to grate on my nerves. Maybe someone on the $30 plan that has to closely watch how much they talk on their phone would need it on there, but I will simply never use up the over 14 hours of talk time that I have left till my monthly renewal. Having to hear that over and over and over again was about to drive me insane. Finally relief! Thank you Net10 CS I love you!
    Last edited by dpnetboy; 12-08-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    i just did this last week on both of my r451c's....called thes traight talk number that was on the box and they removed them in less than a minute...

Feedback Score
    It would seem that some of the straight talk reps are very unaware of the service features and uninformed or poorly trained cause myself and many many others have had nothing but problems, and were told that it wasn't possible to have it removed. Maybe one or two reps know what they are doing but the majority seem very new and it is too often hard to get what you want done across to these people. When I called Net10 CS it was very smooth and easy to get the notification cut off. They knew exactly what I was talking about and how to help.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully this thread will pop up in future user's search for how to remove the pre-call announcement despite the poor non-corporate ST CS help.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well I have been shuffled through numerous cs reps, most of who couldn't speak a lick of English. I FINALLY talk to someone who says he can help me and sounds like an intelligent human being. After a few minutes he tells me to turn my phone off and turn it back on. IT DIDN'T WORK !! I've turned the dang thing off and on 4 times now.... still the same annoying message.

I'm about ready to hurl the phone through a window.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    Well I have been shuffled through numerous cs reps, most of who couldn't speak a lick of English. I FINALLY talk to someone who says he can help me and sounds like an intelligent human being. After a few minutes he tells me to turn my phone off and turn it back on. IT DIDN'T WORK !! I've turned the dang thing off and on 4 times now.... still the same annoying message.

I'm about ready to hurl the phone through a window.
    You can stop turning the fone off and on. It won't make a difference, if it does it is only coincidental with them FINALLY doing something right on their end and has nothing to do with the power cycling of your fone. You need to call back and hope you get a competent csr. Or call the corp cs in FL.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    You can stop turning the fone off and on. It won't make a difference, if it does it is only coincidental with them FINALLY doing something right on their end and has nothing to do with the power cycling of your fone. You need to call back and hope you get a competent csr. Or call the corp cs in FL.
    I know I just dread calling them back. As for Miami, tried.... closed til Monday which I knew but went ahead and tried anyway. Duh. I'd love to hear advise from anyone else who has had a success story. This is my first problem with the phone and service so far... *knocking wood*

Phones
    Nokia E63
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbox23
    Try Net10 customer service. 1877TENCENT they do everything a ST rep can do.
    also heres the number to Trac Phone Corporate...18008765753

And trac phone executive resolutions....18008765753

Also Elston the appraised represenative......18006264883 x6107

I allways call net10 cust service first. They removed that message for me without hassle I dont even bother with ST cust service.

Save those numbers for future reference
    My dads net10 goofed on activation. heres the number that showed on a test call 1800-867-7183 Which is Tracfone Safelink number......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast