Thread: How do I turn off active weather alert notifications from The Weather Channel app?

Phone
    Nextel i733LE Bloomie's
    Carrier
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score

How do I turn off active weather alert notifications from The Weather Channel app?

I thought it would be a nice idea to use the active notification feature, but it's now getting to the point where I get a notification every 20-30 minutes. It's becoming quite a tiresome bother, and I'd like to get rid of it.

That said, I've looked through every possible menu and option in the app, and I can't find a way to disable it!

I like the app a lot, just not the notifications, so I'd like to keep it if possible. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When you first drop the widget on your desktop you have the option of enabling/disabling notifications, try re-adding it.
    Matt

Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'll have to try that. A couple nights ago, an alert went off at 4:10, and 10 sec later the wife started screaming at me!

I sent a message to android@talk2.weather.com but got back a canned autoresponder message.
    --
    If I had a sig, it would be here.

Phone
    Nextel i733LE Bloomie's
    Carrier
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones73
    When you first drop the widget on your desktop you have the option of enabling/disabling notifications, try re-adding it.
    Blargh! I just dragged the widget off my desktop to the trash, and now when I re-add it, it doesn't even give me the option to make it anything but a "Weather Channel" button! Now I can't even see the weather art/temp there at all!

I've tried a phone restart, uninstalled and reinstalled the app; nothing's working! Any ideas on what to do?

If all else fails.. any other comparable, free weather apps to take its place? This is quite frustrating, but I appreciate the help!

Phone
    Nextel i733LE Bloomie's
    Carrier
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEKIDx
    Blargh! I just dragged the widget off my desktop to the trash, and now when I re-add it, it doesn't even give me the option to make it anything but a "Weather Channel" button! Now I can't even see the weather art/temp there at all!

I've tried a phone restart, uninstalled and reinstalled the app; nothing's working! Any ideas on what to do?

If all else fails.. any other comparable, free weather apps to take its place? This is quite frustrating, but I appreciate the help!
    Scratch that! I completely forgot about having to drop it as a widget (haven't done that since day one!) All is right in my world now, thanks so much!

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No problem, it's a nice compact widget, that's the only way I've figured out how to modify it's settings though.