Thread: ESPN ScoreCenter 1.5 Update

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score

ESPN ScoreCenter 1.5 Update

Has anyone else seen the ESPN ScoreCenter app pop up an update today? I just checked, and it said version 1.5 was available, but when I tried to install it I ended up with the old 1.0.2. Same thing when I deleted and redownloaded the entire app.

I'm bummed I wasn't able to get the update, because it sounded like they were finally going to deliver what they demonstrated way back in spring of last year when Apple first announced that push notifications were coming. It said it would send you scoring updates for your favorite teams (configurable to as the score updates, at the end of a period, or at the end of a game). It also mentioned the addition of a new card with just your favorite teams on it, and another with featured content and video. All this plus the usual performance improvements, etc.

Update: Finally was able to download it. Right now there are only two games in the Top Events card with video available. Hopefully they will add more starting tonight now that the app is out.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    iPad WiFi + Cellular (3rd Gen)
    FreedomPop Photon
    Carriers
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    FreedomPop (Clear MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    It updated for me, push notifications, pages for 'myTeams' and hot/hyped games coming up, and a decent revamp of the UI.

If people have troubles: uninstall the old app completely from the phone, restart the phone, reinstall the app and restart the phone post-install. I had to do this on a couple apps before.

It's not bad little update. I might be able to get rid of SportsTap finally.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Phones
    Qtek 8300
    Audiovox SMT5600
    Imate JAM
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    No problem updating for me but when I signed up for Push Notifications for the Cavs tonight it never happened. Maybe you gotta get your request in several hours before the game starts?

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I signed up for updates for the Avs yesterday afternoon and never got anything. I signed up about 7 hours in advance, so I doubt it was because I didn't do so soon enough.

Phones
    Qtek 8300
    Audiovox SMT5600
    Imate JAM
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Another game I signed up for and again no alerts. Is anyone getting push updates?

Phones
    Qtek 8300
    Audiovox SMT5600
    Imate JAM
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ok. Got my first alert halfway thru the game. Only got two alerts though and the game is almost over.

Phone
    Main: Black iPhone 4 32gb, Back-up: Black iPhone 3G 8gb
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & unfortunately AT&T
    Feedback Score
    works fine for me, been getting patriots and vikings scores after every quarter without problem

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Wasn't working for me at first. But now it works fine, was getting Rangers updates last night, and Jets updates today.

Great app now with the new update.