Thread: SIM Cards - $10 At Walmart - No In-Store Activation

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Galaxy Nexus > iPhone 4 > 3GS > Bold 9700 > Nexus One >Bold 9000 > Storm 9530
    Tour 9630 > Curve 8330 > HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score

SIM Cards - $10 At Walmart - No In-Store Activation

This is for some of you that have been complaining about not being able to get the SIM cards for $5 in Bell stores without being forced to activate in-store for $35-$50.

Check your local Walmart "In-store flyer" on the website. On the left side, click on "Connection Centre". First page, bottom left.

http://www.walmart.ca/wpscontroller?...1&language=en#

The price isn't on the flyer but I can confirm that they are $10 and will not force you to activate in-store!

Enjoy!

Phones
    Nexus One
    N85-3
    Carrier
    Solo HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    but you still have to pay $35 to activate it eventually, right? I'm new to this. How does one port his/her current number to the new SIM?

Phones
    Bold 9700 (in use)
    Storm 9530 (in use)
    Tour
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I bought a sim the other day without an activation... just force the issue if they give you a hard time.. lol

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Galaxy Nexus > iPhone 4 > 3GS > Bold 9700 > Nexus One >Bold 9000 > Storm 9530
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    but you still have to pay $35 to activate it eventually, right? I'm new to this. How does one port his/her current number to the new SIM?
    Not if you do it online, it's completely free. That's the whole point of this whole paying $5-$10 for the SIM card so you can do it yourself online, without paying the $35 fee when the representative forces you to do it in-store or over the phone.

Phones
    Nexus One
    N85-3
    Carrier
    Solo HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    and the current phone number can be ported if you activate it online?

Phones
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    and the current phone number can be ported if you activate it online?
    Correct. You're just changing "phones". It's the exact same process, you would go to Change my Phone, and enter the SIM card number instead of the phone ESN. There's a tutorial somewhere on here with pictures by Sammy740 (Guest 24). Search for it

Phones
    BlackBerry Curve 8900
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got mine at some cell phone shop in Brampton. It was $5 + tax. Legit SIM card, no activation or anything required. Just bought it as a spare, ha.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    A lot of people have been able to buy them for $5 in east, its the West that has an issue with Moron Bell Reps & Stores (This doesn't apply to you if you are good Rep in West)
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Phones
    Blackberry 9700
    Blackberry Tour
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Im betting the reps are told to activate in store, cause it probably counts towards the stores activations... but they should be selling it for the $5... just force the issue in store and if they give you a hassle, just call head office and complain.

Phones
    Nexus One
    N85-3
    Carrier
    Solo HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubbs
    Correct. You're just changing "phones". It's the exact same process, you would go to Change my Phone, and enter the SIM card number instead of the phone ESN. There's a tutorial somewhere on here with pictures by Sammy740 (Guest 24). Search for it
    even if my current number is from rogers? sorry, me newbie.

Phone
    Sidekick 4G
    Carriers
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    even if my current number is from rogers? sorry, me newbie.
    Porting in as a new activation, you'll have to pay the $35 regardless of the method you activate.

At least by calling into CS you give someone an activation towards their target. Online doesn't help anyone.

Phone
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was given a free SIM at a Bell store in Calgary yesterday. I went to purchase one after confirming the cost would be $5 + GST, no activation required. The rep was unable to scan several SIM cards, so he simply gave me one that was not in a package

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And the little nokia 2730 @67.98 @wallmart for people want test hspa in their area ... just great !

Phone
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carriers
    Telus
    | USA: AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhagwan
    I was given a free SIM at a Bell store in Calgary yesterday. I went to purchase one after confirming the cost would be $5 + GST, no activation required. The rep was unable to scan several SIM cards, so he simply gave me one that was not in a package
    Was that at a corp store?
    And they confirmed that it would cost 5$+tax, without in-store activation?

Perhaps management have changed the policy...
    EX 50$ UNLIMITED data subscriber/USA data roamer. Fido isn't what it used to be...

Phone
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PVO300C
    Was that at a corp store?
    And they confirmed that it would cost 5$+tax, without in-store activation?

Perhaps management have changed the policy...
    It was not a corp store, and the rep confirmed by phone it was $5 without activation. Obviously free was even better